register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning Have an ECU tuning issue? Do you want to discuss Mazdaspeed 3/6 tuning solutions? Up to date info on the latest! Piasini Reflash, Cobb Access Port, Xede, Procede, Standback, Superchips & others supported here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-20-2008, 05:53 PM   #121
Eatin' Your Tuna

Haltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the world
Thanked 41,995 Times in 8,188 Posts
Groans: 244
Groaned at 329 Times in 243 Posts

Pretty much, people are ultimately paranoid of CAI's and i haven't had one issue with the recent rain storms this year out in CA. Only thing that sucks is, the CAI's are much more expensive options but they both produce excellent results. It all comes down to preference.

Originally Posted by Mazda3Revolution
An intro thread on MSF is like your first day at a State Corrections facility. "Your gonna get tested".
MSF -The HARDCORE Of Mazda High Performance Tech!
Flex Limited Ecoboost - Not Stock

Gen1 MS3 - COBB FMIC V2.0 | COBB SRI | COBB AP Stage 2 W/MSF_V1.08y | COBB 3" Downpipe | COBB CBE | Devil's Own Stage 2 Meth Injection | AST 4300 Coilovers | Haltech Fuel Pump Internals | Rota Torque 18x8 w/ 235/40/18 | ACT 6 PUCK Sprung/Streetlite
Haltech is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-20-2008, 07:43 PM   #122

numbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the world
Thanked 12,190 Times in 249 Posts
Groans: 15
Groaned at 9 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I know it was a totally different car, but I hydrolocked my engine in my integra and I know the filter wasnt submerged with my cai.. Anyway, that's reason enough for me to not put a cai on this car.

I cannot wait to get the cobb fmic!
numbnuts22715 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-20-2008, 07:53 PM   #123
Eatin' Your Tuna

Haltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the world

Its already for sale bro.

An intro thread on MSF is like your first day at a State Corrections facility. "Your gonna get tested".

Gen1 MS3 - COBB FMIC V2.0 | COBB SRI | COBB AP Stage 2 W/MSF_V1.08y | COBB 3" Downpipe | COBB CBE | Devil's Own Stage 2 Meth Injection | AST 4300 Coilovers | Haltech Fuel Pump Internals | Rota Torque 18x8 w/ 235/40/18 | ACT 6 PUCK Sprung/Streetlite
 Old 06-20-2008, 08:36 PM   #124

Renzokuken is the leader of the worldRenzokuken is the leader of the worldRenzokuken is the leader of the worldRenzokuken is the leader of the worldRenzokuken is the leader of the worldRenzokuken is the leader of the worldRenzokuken is the leader of the worldRenzokuken is the leader of the worldRenzokuken is the leader of the worldRenzokuken is the leader of the worldRenzokuken is the leader of the world
Groans: 21
Groaned at 14 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think if you drove your car through a flooded street, then you were asking for it and you deserved it. Regardless, the whole CAI hydrolocking debate is ridiculous. I mean, seriously, when is anyone ever gonna be driving in water deep enough to submerge your filter. This shit doesnt just happen unless you were asking for it, so get over the fear. The whole SRI vs CAI thing is getting old as well, get what you like. Pick your poison.
1990 Totoya Corrolla DX TRD limited edition w/ Back to the future Delorian body kit/ K&N snorkel inlet ram-air intake/ Mazdaspeed T3/T4 turbo-supercharged hybrid 5 PSI and many more mods. 11.92 @120 MPH
Renzokuken is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-20-2008, 08:50 PM   #125

numbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the worldnumbnuts22715 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Haltech View Post
Its already for sale bro.
It's for sale? why isnt it posted on Cobb's site yet?

And the street was by no means flooded, it was pouring outside, water was less than 1" deep when I started driving home. The street was like 20 miles long and I was driving home and got in the middle of it, what else was I supposed to do?
A bigass truck drove by and splashed all kinds of water all over my car. I couldnt believe that it made it stall out either.
I was just stating my opinion, it's not like I was trying to add fuel to the fire. I already made my decision when I picked the cobb sri.
 Old 06-20-2008, 09:18 PM   #126
Banned

Eazy is the leader of the worldEazy is the leader of the worldEazy is the leader of the worldEazy is the leader of the worldEazy is the leader of the worldEazy is the leader of the worldEazy is the leader of the worldEazy is the leader of the worldEazy is the leader of the worldEazy is the leader of the worldEazy is the leader of the world
Thanked 24,840 Times in 504 Posts
Groaned at 32 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dadasracecar View Post
That's an urban myth. You're only ever going to get hydrolock if you submerge the filter under boost.
Not 100% true. Budhubum (or however it's spelled) Just hydrolocked a week or 2 ago, and was not laying on the throttle. I don't know how much water he went into, but it fucked his motor.
Eazy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-20-2008, 09:46 PM   #127
Eatin' Your Tuna

Originally Posted by numbnuts22715 View Post
It's for sale? why isnt it posted on Cobb's site yet?

And the street was by no means flooded, it was pouring outside, water was less than 1" deep when I started driving home. The street was like 20 miles long and I was driving home and got in the middle of it, what else was I supposed to do?
A bigass truck drove by and splashed all kinds of water all over my car. I couldnt believe that it made it stall out either.
I was just stating my opinion, it's not like I was trying to add fuel to the fire. I already made my decision when I picked the cobb sri.
PG has them as well as SU

Old 06-20-2008, 09:56 PM   #128

Renzokuken is the leader of the worldRenzokuken is the leader of the worldRenzokuken is the leader of the worldRenzokuken is the leader of the worldRenzokuken is the leader of the worldRenzokuken is the leader of the worldRenzokuken is the leader of the worldRenzokuken is the leader of the worldRenzokuken is the leader of the worldRenzokuken is the leader of the worldRenzokuken is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

HAHA, so was I , sorry didnt mean to come off the wrong way.
1990 Totoya Corrolla DX TRD limited edition w/ Back to the future Delorian body kit/ K&N snorkel inlet ram-air intake/ Mazdaspeed T3/T4 turbo-supercharged hybrid 5 PSI and many more mods. 11.92 @120 MPH
 Old 06-20-2008, 10:02 PM   #129

Not Ranked  0 score     

durr. I knew it was for sale, I ordered one today from PG, but I got confused in thinking you were saying they were released.
I'm thinking on the vendors websites it may be more of a pre-order type of thing, but I could be wrong.
 Old 06-21-2008, 02:29 AM   #130
Eatin' Your Tuna

Well im happy to see you joining the FMIC club. You're going to dig this kit. Transforms this car into something else.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:44 AM   #131

MadOzodi is the leader of the worldMadOzodi is the leader of the worldMadOzodi is the leader of the worldMadOzodi is the leader of the worldMadOzodi is the leader of the worldMadOzodi is the leader of the worldMadOzodi is the leader of the worldMadOzodi is the leader of the worldMadOzodi is the leader of the worldMadOzodi is the leader of the worldMadOzodi is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Man, I need to stop reading this thread or my CC will vaporize. Seeing your charge temp @ 135*F as you inch up to the staging lights really sucks.
11 BLACK SUZUKI GSX-R750 - totaled
11 BLACK SUZUKI GSX-R750 - totaled...again
*OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM TWO WHEELS*
MadOzodi is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-21-2008, 02:15 PM   #132
Banned

Laloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the world
Thanked 18,726 Times in 896 Posts
Groans: 57
Groaned at 196 Times in 127 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MadOzodi View Post
Man, I need to stop reading this thread or my CC will vaporize. Seeing your charge temp @ 135*F as you inch up to the staging lights really sucks.
u will see the same thing with a fmic...
Laloosh is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-21-2008, 06:12 PM   #133
Eatin' Your Tuna

Originally Posted by Laloosh View Post
u will see the same thing with a fmic...
Yup.. you will.. the different is how fact it cools the second you begin to move, that makes the difference.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:40 PM   #134

MadOzodi is the leader of the worldMadOzodi is the leader of the worldMadOzodi is the leader of the worldMadOzodi is the leader of the worldMadOzodi is the leader of the worldMadOzodi is the leader of the worldMadOzodi is the leader of the worldMadOzodi is the leader of the worldMadOzodi is the leader of the worldMadOzodi is the leader of the worldMadOzodi is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I figured as much. On the return before picking up my timeslip, I'd see 119*F...safe to assume the difference in temps would be greater with the FMIC, say down to 110*F? Obviously, ambient temp and humidity are factors.
 Old 06-21-2008, 07:47 PM   #135
Eatin' Your Tuna

Ambient temps and humidity are always a factor, yes... you will sell lower temps over the tmic just because of the cooling surface area alone.

Old 06-22-2008, 02:24 PM   #136

Not Ranked  0 score     

I should think about getting a DP before an FMIC. I'll be tracking more than dragging the car.
 Old 06-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #137

MidwestSpeed3 has much to be proud ofMidwestSpeed3 has much to be proud ofMidwestSpeed3 has much to be proud ofMidwestSpeed3 has much to be proud ofMidwestSpeed3 has much to be proud ofMidwestSpeed3 has much to be proud ofMidwestSpeed3 has much to be proud ofMidwestSpeed3 has much to be proud ofMidwestSpeed3 has much to be proud ofMidwestSpeed3 has much to be proud of
Groans: 3
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

MadOzodi, Where are you tracking your car at?
MidwestSpeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-23-2008, 09:23 AM   #138

Not Ranked  0 score     

GIR...they have a road course that goes through the infield and uses turns 3 and 4 of the NASCAR oval. I've only done it once this year and will do it again this fall. My goal is to attend a track day out of state next year.
 Old 06-23-2008, 10:22 AM   #139

redrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond reputeredrocketz has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 4
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

just pre-orders we were told to put them up already.
redrocketz is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-24-2008, 08:33 AM   #140

spek1098 is a name known to allspek1098 is a name known to allspek1098 is a name known to allspek1098 is a name known to allspek1098 is a name known to allspek1098 is a name known to all
Groans: 11
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

FMIC is up on Cobb's site, no price yet though.
CobbTuning.com - Front Mount Intercooler

Spring/Fall/Winter Car - '08 Mazda 5 Sport
Toyo Observe Garit HT Winter Tires
spek1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spek1098 For This Useful Post:
htrdce69 (02-05-2014)
 Old 06-24-2008, 08:47 AM   #141

diablospeed is a jewel in the roughdiablospeed is a jewel in the roughdiablospeed is a jewel in the roughdiablospeed is a jewel in the rough
Groans: 2
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

995 through SU dude.
 Old 06-24-2008, 11:06 AM   #142

spek1098 is a name known to allspek1098 is a name known to allspek1098 is a name known to allspek1098 is a name known to allspek1098 is a name known to allspek1098 is a name known to all
Groans: 11
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Isn't that still just pre-orders? I'm thinking when the price is up at the Cobb site, they will actually be avalible.

Spring/Fall/Winter Car - '08 Mazda 5 Sport
Toyo Observe Garit HT Winter Tires
spek1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-24-2008, 01:53 PM   #143

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by spek1098 View Post
Isn't that still just pre-orders? I'm thinking when the price is up at the Cobb site, they will actually be avalible.
You're correct. They havent started shipping yet.
 Old 06-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #144

Not Ranked  0 score     

Got mine preordered from PG the second I found out about it. I cant wait to get it.
 Old 06-24-2008, 05:11 PM   #145

Erich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the worldErich is the leader of the world
Thanked 91,339 Times in 2,955 Posts
Groans: 19
Groaned at 28 Times in 24 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It can now be ordered on the Cobb website.

Edit: LMAO Already backordered.

Last edited by Erich; 06-24-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Erich is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-24-2008, 05:32 PM   #146

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Erich View Post
It can now be ordered on the Cobb website.

Edit: LMAO Already backordered.
I'm sure all of the pre-orderes took them all up.
Im excited, cant wait to get it!
 Old 06-24-2008, 05:39 PM   #147

Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm sure all of the pre-orderes took them all up.
Im excited, cant wait to get it!
ROFL..OMG Id better be on that first group thats shipping out or Im gonna die
 Old 06-24-2008, 06:05 PM   #148

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Renzokuken View Post
ROFL..OMG Id better be on that first group thats shipping out or Im gonna die

Same here! I ordered mine from PG on the 20th, and was told I was either the first, or 2nd or so preorder, so HOPEFULLY I'll get it. I'm sure I will.
 Old 06-24-2008, 09:44 PM   #149

Not Ranked  0 score     

Same here! I ordered mine from PG on the 20th, and was told I was either the first, or 2nd or so preorder, so HOPEFULLY I'll get it. I'm sure I will.
Ya,I told ken to put me down for one since the 16th paid in full so I was probably #1 lol
 Old 06-24-2008, 10:49 PM   #150

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Renzokuken View Post
Ya,I told ken to put me down for one since the 16th paid in full so I was probably #1 lol
I messaged on the 19th, but he said he couldnt pay so I had to wait til the 20th to make a deposit.
But it's okay. No shame in coming in 2nd.

You wins the races
 Old 06-24-2008, 11:00 PM   #151

Not Ranked  0 score     

I messaged on the 19th, but he said he couldnt pay so I had to wait til the 20th to make a deposit.
But it's okay. No shame in coming in 2nd.

You wins the races
LOL I dont care as long as I dont have to see the words BACKORDERED ever again.
 Old 06-24-2008, 11:20 PM   #152

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah, backordered is a SCARY FUCKING WORD
 Old 06-25-2008, 08:48 AM   #153
Approved MSF Vendor

Cobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,071 Times in 288 Posts
Groaned at 47 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You're telling me! Your livelihood does not depend on not hearing/saying that word.

MAZDASPEED EXPERT GROUP
- ADAM HILL | MIKE MCGINNIS | RYAN LAMBERTH | CHRIS MOUNTAIN | MARSHALL GLASGOW

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | EMAIL CUSTOMER SERVICE
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #154
Eatin' Your Tuna

Originally Posted by Josh @ COBB View Post
You're telling me! Your livelihood does not depend on not hearing/saying that word.
Let's go Josh, start pumping them out instead of playing with the MS3 race car!

Old 06-25-2008, 11:04 AM   #155

Not Ranked  0 score     

Let's go Josh, start pumping them out instead of playing with the MS3 race car!
ROFL
 Old 06-25-2008, 11:17 AM   #156

nytmar3 has a reputation beyond reputenytmar3 has a reputation beyond reputenytmar3 has a reputation beyond reputenytmar3 has a reputation beyond reputenytmar3 has a reputation beyond reputenytmar3 has a reputation beyond reputenytmar3 has a reputation beyond reputenytmar3 has a reputation beyond reputenytmar3 has a reputation beyond reputenytmar3 has a reputation beyond reputenytmar3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Inquired at PG today. Was told there were three preorders, so I would be numero 4.
 Old 06-25-2008, 11:35 AM   #157

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by nytmar3 View Post
Inquired at PG today. Was told there were three preorders, so I would be numero 4.
Woot!! I thought there would be more.
 Old 06-25-2008, 04:56 PM   #158
Boost Whore

Unoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the world
Thanked 22,902 Times in 484 Posts
Groans: 223
Groaned at 58 Times in 43 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

when does the first batch ship?

"God created turbo lag to give v8's a chance"
Unoriginalusername is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-25-2008, 05:51 PM   #159
Approved MSF Vendor

Cobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,071 Times in 288 Posts
Groaned at 47 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

They have been. Most if not all to dealers.

They then have to work their way out to the end-users.

MAZDASPEED EXPERT GROUP
- ADAM HILL | MIKE MCGINNIS | RYAN LAMBERTH | CHRIS MOUNTAIN | MARSHALL GLASGOW

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | EMAIL CUSTOMER SERVICE
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-25-2008, 06:10 PM   #160
Boost Whore

Unoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the worldUnoriginalusername is the leader of the world
Thanked 22,902 Times in 484 Posts
Groans: 223
Groaned at 58 Times in 43 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Josh @ COBB View Post
They have been. Most if not all to dealers.

They then have to work their way out to the end-users.
sounds good... so sts and bpv next?

"God created turbo lag to give v8's a chance"
Unoriginalusername is offline   Reply With Quote