register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning Have an ECU tuning issue? Do you want to discuss Mazdaspeed 3/6 tuning solutions? Up to date info on the latest! Piasini Reflash, Cobb Access Port, Xede, Procede, Standback, Superchips & others supported here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mistersix

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-24-2013, 11:17 PM   #1

mrsmith has much to be proud ofmrsmith has much to be proud ofmrsmith has much to be proud ofmrsmith has much to be proud ofmrsmith has much to be proud ofmrsmith has much to be proud ofmrsmith has much to be proud ofmrsmith has much to be proud ofmrsmith has much to be proud of
Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default A couple spicy runs

Hey guys I just did a couple of runs on the ots spicy tune from cobb. look at them and tell me what you guys think. Here is some background as well, the car is fully bolt on, DP, RP, Cobb sri, Sure tip, Fuel pump internals. Jbr rmm 88, Cobb short shifter, CX racing fmic, Hks ssq, and on 110 oct. All of these runs were done at S.R.M.S., country line race way (1/8 mile) all 40 rolls. And all during a race. That said its not just a 4th gear pull its 1,2,all of 3rd WOT, most or 4th. On my last run when I hit 3rd the linkage from my shifter to my tranny popped off did any of you have the same problem and what can I do to prevent it form happing again?
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog10.csv (57.3 KB, 58 views)
File Type: csv datalog8.csv (27.4 KB, 22 views)
mrsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-25-2013, 12:07 AM   #2

BobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,103 Times in 898 Posts
Groans: 186
Groaned at 33 Times in 25 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

how did it feel?

BobbleHead is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-25-2013, 12:21 AM   #3

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,235 Posts
Groans: 111
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It's weird to see the BAT increasing so much under boost with a FMIC... Otherwise everything looks pretty good, there is no trace of any ignition retard which allows you to run a ton of timing which is awesome.
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW to 28PSI, self-tuned to 32PSI

2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7 6 Speed Manual
SU TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, Cobb XLE, Cobb EBCS, CorkSport 3.5BAR MAP
GTX2867R gen2, stock spark plugs, stock cats and stock exhaust FTW, JBR Tru-3" Silicone intake
TheSpeedLine Top and Lower Strut bars
self-Versatuned to 22PSI
mituc is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-25-2013, 12:53 AM   #4

snailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,277 Times in 1,283 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 25 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

what was the intake temp? bats do seem a bit on the high side. also your only running 16psi, when the last i looked the spicy tunes were demanding 20+. running some real high timing with the lack of boost and load, car seems to like it tho
[443/409]SAE CORRECTED -------------245 DZ102 / 245 NT01
snailD is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-25-2013, 06:25 AM   #5

fivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the worldfivefingerdeathpunch is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

like they said pretty much

you are running ALOT of timing and such little boost. seems odd. any chance you have a boost leak? temps are hot so i imagine that contributes to this but in the first log you are using quite a bit of wgdc to run 16psi. more so than i would imagine...
BATs are higher than expected or desired but maybe it was just hot beyond belief? i wouldve thought it would come down more once boosting.
LTFTs are abs high. -18? -11?? you needs a maf cal.
what is commanded FP? you seem over 1900 alot. i belief most of the tuners say not to command too much so that the relief valve isnt over used and worn out as quickly

luckily you are running really good gas so no knock or anything but you definitely have room for power/improvement in general.
2006 White Water Pearl Mazdaspeed6 Grand Touring #5430

HTA3076 Tial .82 Turbine Housing, CPE tial Mani, Tial MVR 44mm 20psi spring VTA

DO Stage 2 Meth w/ D07 & 100% - NJSPEED3 PnPed IM - HTP 3" TIP - SSP BigMAF SRI w/ AEM Dryflow and filter wrap - GS EBCS - Fabbed M2 Catless DP - Autotech HPFP Internals - Cobb AP - Custom 2.5" w/ TR8 FMIC - GHL Resonated Dual Catback Exhaust - TS/SU DP BOV - SP63 Aux Fan

Old: BNR S3 370/380 VD 91 + Meth
BNR S3 400/410 VD E21 + Meth - Dyno confirmed: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f338/mazdaspeed6-bnr-s3-dyno-400-410-a-180820/

Last edited by fivefingerdeathpunch; 04-25-2013 at 09:27 AM.
fivefingerdeathpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fivefingerdeathpunch For This Useful Post:
SLOWHATCH (04-25-2013)
 Old 04-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #6

mrsmith has much to be proud ofmrsmith has much to be proud ofmrsmith has much to be proud ofmrsmith has much to be proud ofmrsmith has much to be proud ofmrsmith has much to be proud ofmrsmith has much to be proud ofmrsmith has much to be proud ofmrsmith has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The spicy tune commands 22 boost and 12 afr. It might be that its was run after run that's the bats were high I should these where the 4th and 5th runs. car felt good but I thought it should have been more ,then I saw the 15 psi and, I hold 19 psi on my stge 2. I didn't do a maf caf this was ots just wanted to see what it would do. Would the bats make the ecu turn down the boost?

Last edited by mrsmith; 04-25-2013 at 09:21 AM.
 Old 04-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #7
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Lex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,367 Times in 6,958 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 44 Times in 38 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Are you pretty much at sea level?

The spicy tune and all current OTS tunes heavily rely on the WGDC table and a very simple form of boost control which is ... well meh. If you have varying flow mods and are at different altitudes you will either see too much or too little boost. The maps are just not flexible enough and there is more left on the table there for sure.

We Engineer, and that's better than just tuning!

www.stratifiedauto.com
COBB AP and VersaTuner Custom Tuning. Guardian Angel Protection and Boost Control.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #8
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 57,010 Times in 14,590 Posts
Groans: 856
Groaned at 183 Times in 156 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

South FL is seal level.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yup im at 0. Im running my stg 2 map and im holding 18 psi ill do some datalogs after work. I still have no idea why it was only hitting 15 maybe I should have uninstalled my map befor doing the spicy tune.
 Old 04-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #10

Voltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,547 Times in 2,155 Posts
Groans: 11
Groaned at 38 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Most cars need a lot of wastegate from 4500 rpms up and the spicy tune only seems to be comanding 80%. Even maxed out most cars will struggle to hold 17-18 towards redline so 16 psi at 5500-6000 rpms seems about right to me.
-Mustang 5.0 450 whp / 352 wtq
-Sold-

Current:
2012 Loaded Speed3 - Stock
2001 Miata - Basically stock

... Something, somewhere, went horribly wrong.

Fastest gtx3576 powered, 6th port injected, 25% e85 fueled, stock suspension, silver mazdaspeed 3 in South Houston. Because its my internet record, and I said so.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #11

himurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,276 Times in 1,868 Posts
Groans: 255
Groaned at 28 Times in 23 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mrsmith View Post
Hey guys I just did a couple of runs on the ots spicy tune from cobb. look at them and tell me what you guys think. Here is some background as well, the car is fully bolt on, DP, RP, Cobb sri, Sure tip, Fuel pump internals. Jbr rmm 88, Cobb short shifter, CX racing fmic, Hks ssq, and on 110 oct. All of these runs were done at S.R.M.S., country line race way (1/8 mile) all 40 rolls. And all during a race. That said its not just a 4th gear pull its 1,2,all of 3rd WOT, most or 4th. On my last run when I hit 3rd the linkage from my shifter to my tranny popped off did any of you have the same problem and what can I do to prevent it form happing again?
Well the initial High BATs could be due to the fact that you were in boost before you hit 4th gear. They didn't climb too much during the run but it is surprising that they didn't go down I guess the CX Core does not work as well as the Treadstone cores.

Why arent you logging the Injector Duty Cycle, Intake Valve Adjustment? You can ditch the STFT column.

You could try putting some grease on the shifter linkage.

Pickles Tune in progress

himurax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-25-2013, 11:14 PM   #12
Nishan

ms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,305 Times in 4,386 Posts
Groans: 22
Groaned at 20 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

He has High BAT's because of that CX Racing FMIC Core.

BAT's are worse than a TMIC with that core.

/BAT Conversation
ABSpeed3 (04-26-2013), snailD (04-26-2013)
 Old 04-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #13

snailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ms3blackmica View Post
He has High BAT's because of that CX Racing FMIC Core.

BAT's are worse than a TMIC with that core.

/BAT Conversation
yea that core fucking sucks. i bought one as my initial fmic core for 30 bucks, and bats went WAY up. why i started running e. this tr8 core is insane in comparison. that core however flows real well
 Old 04-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #14
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 57,010 Times in 14,590 Posts
Groans: 856
Groaned at 183 Times in 156 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sheesh, and I thought my 100 degree PG FMIC was high.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #15

Voltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,547 Times in 2,155 Posts
Groans: 11
Groaned at 38 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by snailD View Post
yea that core fucking sucks. i bought one as my initial fmic core for 30 bucks, and bats went WAY up. why i started running e. this tr8 core is insane in comparison. that core however flows real well
The reason Cx racing cores are cheap, flow well, and advertise a low pressure drop is because of the design. Most good cores have a staggered fin design, this breaks up the air flow, makes it spend more time in the core and thus dissipates more heat. The CX racing cores have a straight through fin design, basically less resistance (so they can advertise a low pressure drop) but the air blows right through them and doesn't get cooled, theres everal instances on several forums. Now if you buy some of their nicer cores, they actually aren't half bad, was tuning a guys 3071 here not too long ago and with a core of similar size to a TR8L he was running 7-10* over ambient at WOT, its just their ebay ones that suck.
-Mustang 5.0 450 whp / 352 wtq
-Sold-

Current:
2012 Loaded Speed3 - Stock
2001 Miata - Basically stock

... Something, somewhere, went horribly wrong.

Fastest gtx3576 powered, 6th port injected, 25% e85 fueled, stock suspension, silver mazdaspeed 3 in South Houston. Because its my internet record, and I said so.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Voltwings For This Useful Post:
Mistersix (04-26-2013), ms3blackmica (04-26-2013), snailD (04-26-2013)
 Old 04-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #16

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well this ones not from ebay its from cxracing directly, but knowing this ill buy a tr8. I did a run last night wot 3rd and 4th. stg 2 with 93 oct.
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog3.csv (11.2 KB, 2 views)
 Old 04-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #17

Mistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fwiw, i run the TR-8 and my BAT's are always just above ambient and usually at or lower than IAT. I assumed there was a good reason a treadstone core was 3x the price or a same sized cx racing core.

Ditch the cx and get a treadstone.
Redline143 likes this.
Mistersix is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #18
Nishan

ms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,305 Times in 4,386 Posts
Groans: 22
Groaned at 20 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@amggilly305; can attest.
amggilly305 (04-26-2013)
 Old 04-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #19

amggilly305 is the leader of the worldamggilly305 is the leader of the worldamggilly305 is the leader of the worldamggilly305 is the leader of the worldamggilly305 is the leader of the worldamggilly305 is the leader of the worldamggilly305 is the leader of the worldamggilly305 is the leader of the worldamggilly305 is the leader of the worldamggilly305 is the leader of the worldamggilly305 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,724 Times in 639 Posts
Groans: 92
Groaned at 13 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

wish i went with the tr8 core from day one
METH
TUNED BY NISHAN
11.54@123

What does your new map trap
amggilly305 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #20

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Tr8 or Tr8l? I still don't get why it was only boosting 15 and not at least 18 like my stg 2 does unless I need to upgrade my ebc? and my linkage popped off at the tranny from me slamming it into 3rd, wouldn't greasing it help it pop off? Next s.r.m.s. I'm going to put my maf cals into the spicy tune, first uninstall my stg 2, then reinstall the spicy and see if it does better. I'm going to get a perm tune as soon as I get everything I need, like I just found out I need a new core.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrsmith For This Useful Post:
ABSpeed3 (04-26-2013)
 Old 04-26-2013, 10:15 PM   #21
Banned

Redline143 is the leader of the worldRedline143 is the leader of the worldRedline143 is the leader of the worldRedline143 is the leader of the worldRedline143 is the leader of the worldRedline143 is the leader of the worldRedline143 is the leader of the worldRedline143 is the leader of the worldRedline143 is the leader of the worldRedline143 is the leader of the worldRedline143 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ms3blackmica View Post
@amggilly305; can attest.
Me too.... my TR8C with the CX piping is working phenomenally.
Redline143 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redline143 For This Useful Post:
Mistersix (04-27-2013), ms3blackmica (04-26-2013)
 Old 04-27-2013, 02:10 AM   #22

Not Ranked  0 score     

tr8 is what i went with. the L flows more air but has less of a cooling effect. depends how much air you are planning on flowing. most probably wont outdo the tr8. also the boost thing is your wgdc's. you could copy over all of your boost tables from the stage 2 map since they are working for you