register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning Have an ECU tuning issue? Do you want to discuss Mazdaspeed 3/6 tuning solutions? Up to date info on the latest! Piasini Reflash, Cobb Access Port, Xede, Procede, Standback, Superchips & others supported here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree9Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 01-10-2019, 06:01 PM   #41

Altenius has a reputation beyond reputeAltenius has a reputation beyond reputeAltenius has a reputation beyond reputeAltenius has a reputation beyond reputeAltenius has a reputation beyond reputeAltenius has a reputation beyond reputeAltenius has a reputation beyond reputeAltenius has a reputation beyond reputeAltenius has a reputation beyond reputeAltenius has a reputation beyond reputeAltenius has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The release of LibreTuner is coming up, but I need more ECU ROMs to analyze. Currently, I have only added support for one speed6 firmware version.

I'm looking for both speed6 and speed3 ROMs. If you would like to help and you have a J2534 PassThru cable, you can use the current alpha release of LibreTuner to download ROMs and save them to a file.

It can be downloaded by following the download link on the website and selecting the LibreTuner-v0.0.4-Windows.zip download. Unzip the archive and run LibreTuner.exe. If your PassThru cable was detected, it should show up under datalinks. If not, please let me know. There is only one option for the platform: Mazdaspeed6. This option will work for speed6s AND first gen speed3s. If you have a genpu, try it too but I'm not sure how similar the firmware is to the first generation.

When you're done with setup go to File > Download ROM, type a name, and make sure the PassThru cable is connected to the computer and OBD-II port. Turn the key to ON and continue. It should start downloading. If not, let me know what the error is. When it's completed, a new window will show up saying the firmware version is unsupported. Press "Yes", save the ROM somewhere, and send it to me. If you don't get that windows and it says "successfully downloaded" instead, you have the one firmware version supported and I don't need the ROM.

The download instructions can also be found in the manual.

Thanks!

Last edited by Altenius; Today at 07:31 AM.
Altenius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Altenius For This Useful Post:
mituc (01-11-2019), Realgib3 (01-11-2019), Vansquish (01-10-2019)
 Old 01-11-2019, 05:39 AM   #42

Dommo14 is the leader of the worldDommo14 is the leader of the worldDommo14 is the leader of the worldDommo14 is the leader of the worldDommo14 is the leader of the worldDommo14 is the leader of the worldDommo14 is the leader of the worldDommo14 is the leader of the worldDommo14 is the leader of the worldDommo14 is the leader of the worldDommo14 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 9 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

subbed
 Old 01-11-2019, 08:18 AM   #43

Realgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the worldRealgib3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,269 Times in 1,675 Posts
Groans: 52
Groaned at 16 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

We'll get some downloaded. I thought I had some rom files on my laptop still, but it looks like I just have the hex files from when I was looking at everything in IDA. Of course I don't even have a Mazda anymore, but I do have a cable, so I'll meet up with someone and get something downloaded.
Realgib3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Realgib3 For This Useful Post:
Altenius (01-11-2019)
 Old 01-11-2019, 10:19 AM   #44

Altenius has a reputation beyond reputeAltenius has a reputation beyond reputeAltenius has a reputation beyond reputeAltenius has a reputation beyond reputeAltenius has a reputation beyond reputeAltenius has a reputation beyond reputeAltenius has a reputation beyond reputeAltenius has a reputation beyond reputeAltenius has a reputation beyond reputeAltenius has a reputation beyond reputeAltenius has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Realgib3 View Post
We'll get some downloaded. I thought I had some rom files on my laptop still, but it looks like I just have the hex files from when I was looking at everything in IDA. Of course I don't even have a Mazda anymore, but I do have a cable, so I'll meet up with someone and get something downloaded.
Does the hex file include the entire ROM? If you were analyzing it with IDA it probably does and in that case I can use it. '.hex' isn't a standard format and it could just be part of the ROM so I might be wrong.

Also, for anyone who's speed is tuned with VersaTune:
You will need to download v0.0.2 and select "Mazdaspeed 6 - VersaTune" as the platform.

I'm not familiar with Access Ports but I'm assuming they override the default security key, in which case LibreTuner will not be able to download the ROM.
 Old 01-11-2019, 11:16 AM   #45

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,121 Times in 1,227 Posts
Groans: 111
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Altenius View Post
The release of LibreTuner is coming up, but I need more ECU ROMs to analyze. Currently, I have only added support for one speed6 firmware version.
I can provide the ROM images as collected by Versatuner for a 3MPS BK (Mazdaspeed3 gen1 EURO spec) and a CX7 2008 manual transmission (EURO spec as well, the 260bhp version).
I can also get you a 6MPS EURO spec image, also acquired by Versatuner.

I don't know how VT encodes them so please met me know if they're usable for you in any way. Or if you don't know I can just send them to try them out.
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW to 28PSI, self-tuned to 32PSI

2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7 6 Speed Manual
SU TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, Cobb XLE, Cobb EBCS, CorkSport 3.5BAR MAP
GTX2867R gen2, stock spark plugs, stock cats and stock exhaust FTW, JBR Tru-3" Silicone intake
TheSpeedLine Top and Lower Strut bars
self-Versatuned to 22PSI
mituc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mituc For This Useful Post:
Altenius (01-11-2019)
 Old 01-14-2019, 01:33 PM   #46

nindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,551 Times in 1,120 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I can pull the firmware from my MS6 and MS3 (both with VersaTune installed) to pull those down if it would help. Where should I send them to?
Brakes: Hawk HPS pads // ATE Superblue fluid // Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Other: CP-e Safe Seals // MattDamond shift plate // Masonvi shift knob // 3.5" WP w/recirc // RSB // IM + TB tigs // Synapse Engineering FMIC + BOV // Autotech internals
Tune: hypnotic tuned

Critical Stats:
// 305whp/352tq
// 13.34 @ 98 - Mason Dixon Dragway - 4/13/14

Titanium Gray 2006 Mazdaspeed 6
Damond Motorsports: OCC // Short shift plate // Turbo oil feed restrictor bolt
Other: Autotech internals // Ebay M2 DP // Masonvi shift knob //
nindoja is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-14-2019, 01:54 PM   #47

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by nindoja View Post
I can pull the firmware from my MS6 and MS3 (both with VersaTune installed) to pull those down if it would help. Where should I send them to?
That'd be super helpful. You can PM them to me on here or email them to support@libretuner.org.

Also, if you have an issue with your PassThru cable not showing up let me know. Mine stopped showing up a few days ago for whatever reason and I patched it but haven't made a release with it yet.
[edit] v0.0.4 should fix that issue.
nindoja likes this.

Last edited by Altenius; Today at 01:26 PM.
 Old Yesterday, 08:46 AM   #48

rbarnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Subbed because this is cool. I have an AP on gen 2 so not sure how much help I can be.
--2013 MS3-- CS Full 3.5" Intake; Autotech Internals; Grimspeed 3 Port; JBR SSP+CW; JBR Shifter Bushings; SP63 Breather; JBR OCC; DM OCC VTA; DM PCV Plate; DM Trilogy; ATP Turbo DP+RP (Catless); UR Catback w/ Cobb Hangers; JBR EGR Delete; JBR Hood Vent Insert; SSQV VTA; TR8 w/ JBR Under Route; CS HPSS Fuel Line; CS Adjustable Short Shifter; CS Interior Kit; CS IM & 72mm TB; DO DVC 30 w/ single D14; CS Battery Box (ECU Relocate); CS Gauges (Triple A Pillar); BNRS4; Cobb IWG Bracket; CPE Exhaust Manifold; Tial MV-R 44mm VTA; 3 Bar MAP; Cobb AP; Tuned By Nishan
rbarnz is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old Yesterday, 09:01 AM   #49

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by rbarnz View Post
Subbed because this is cool. I have an AP on gen 2 so not sure how much help I can be.
I'm not familiar with AP so it's hard to say. If it's like VersaTune in the case where it cannot be reflashed by another software until it is "unmarried", then it won't work.
 Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM   #50

Quazz236 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you're ever planing to add Genpu support I'll be more then happy to download and send some ROMs for you, or w/e else that might help. Sadly at the moment that's all I can offer since I don't have a MS6 or 1st gen. I really like the idea though so hopefully you'll keep at it, and possibly if it takes off expand to genpu also. Either way good luck. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this.
Quazz236 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM   #51

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Quazz236 View Post
If you're ever planing to add Genpu support I'll be more then happy to download and send some ROMs for you, or w/e else that might help. Sadly at the moment that's all I can offer since I don't have a MS6 or 1st gen. I really like the idea though so hopefully you'll keep at it, and possibly if it takes off expand to genpu also. Either way good luck. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this.
I definitely want to add genpu support. You should be able to download it by selecting Mazdaspeed6; the download protocol is the same afaik.

To anyone with a CX-7: I've gone through a CX-7 ROM and it looks like it uses the same method as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Altenius For This Useful Post:
mituc (Today)
 Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM   #52

Quazz236 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Altenius View Post
I definitely want to add genpu support. You should be able to download it by selecting Mazdaspeed6; the download protocol is the same afaik.

To anyone with a CX-7: I've gone through a CX-7 ROM and it looks like it uses the same method as well.
Cool. I'll give it a try sometime next week. Won't have aces to a Passthru cable till Monday.
Quazz236 is offline   Reply With Quote

« HPFP Data Logs | - »