register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning Have an ECU tuning issue? Do you want to discuss Mazdaspeed 3/6 tuning solutions? Up to date info on the latest! Piasini Reflash, Cobb Access Port, Xede, Procede, Standback, Superchips & others supported here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-24-2008, 10:35 PM   #1

bova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,490 Times in 876 Posts
Groans: 45
Groaned at 39 Times in 38 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Datalogs

Ok I did some data logs of the following.
1st to 3rd gear to see if i could see why i would backfire and it appears that when i shift the afrs take a nice turn to the rich side.

then i did a 4th gear pull just to see how everything looks there, at about 4k rpm afr's jump up a bit, i don't know if its because i didn't make a smooth transition with my coupler for the smaller maf housing or what causing turbulence.

then i did a 5th gear pull because when i driving i was hitting fuel cut, or what i perceived to be it so you wil see the spots where i hit some kind of cut.

1st to 3rd

4th gear

5th gear with fuel cut
bova is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-24-2008, 10:50 PM   #2
Eatin' Your Tuna

Haltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the world
Thanked 41,980 Times in 8,184 Posts
Groans: 243
Groaned at 329 Times in 243 Posts

Yea, thats almost VTA rich... i would try to do something about that MAF mod. It has got to be a little bit bigger. Your exhaust system is catching hell for it too!

Originally Posted by Mazda3Revolution
An intro thread on MSF is like your first day at a State Corrections facility. "Your gonna get tested".
MSF -The HARDCORE Of Mazda High Performance Tech!
Flex Limited Ecoboost - Not Stock

Gen1 MS3 - COBB FMIC V2.0 | COBB SRI | COBB AP Stage 2 W/MSF_V1.08y | COBB 3" Downpipe | COBB CBE | Devil's Own Stage 2 Meth Injection | AST 4300 Coilovers | Haltech Fuel Pump Internals | Rota Torque 18x8 w/ 235/40/18 | ACT 6 PUCK Sprung/Streetlite
Haltech is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-24-2008, 11:03 PM   #3

bova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the worldbova is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

ha maybe i should run a vta map.
 Old 03-24-2008, 11:06 PM   #4
Eatin' Your Tuna

Haltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the world
Thanked 41,980 Times in 8,184 Posts
Groans: 243
Groaned at 329 Times in 243 Posts

Try it, see what happens.

Originally Posted by Mazda3Revolution
An intro thread on MSF is like your first day at a State Corrections facility. "Your gonna get tested".
MSF -The HARDCORE Of Mazda High Performance Tech!
Flex Limited Ecoboost - Not Stock

Gen1 MS3 - COBB FMIC V2.0 | COBB SRI | COBB AP Stage 2 W/MSF_V1.08y | COBB 3" Downpipe | COBB CBE | Devil's Own Stage 2 Meth Injection | AST 4300 Coilovers | Haltech Fuel Pump Internals | Rota Torque 18x8 w/ 235/40/18 | ACT 6 PUCK Sprung/Streetlite
Haltech is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-25-2008, 06:28 AM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

not sure vta did anything, looks like i will be doing some dremeling this evening.

Last edited by bova; 03-25-2008 at 07:35 AM.
 Old 03-25-2008, 07:11 AM   #6
Banned

Laloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the world
Thanked 18,726 Times in 896 Posts
Groans: 57
Groaned at 196 Times in 127 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

hmm strange looking grapsh. What was the outside temp during those runs.
Laloosh is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-25-2008, 07:25 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

the ones up above it was about 30, the newest one it was about 25
 Old 03-25-2008, 07:28 AM   #8
Banned

Laloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the worldLaloosh is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

i figured...try stretching your springs. What are you using a map clamp or the ATB bcd?
 Old 03-25-2008, 07:32 AM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

they were stretched a couple months ago. map clamp was at 13.

i don't think the vta map helped cause doesn't the standback only work in open loop? so those logs of 1 through 3 were probably closed loop and thats where i get the backfire (actually afterfire to be proper)
 Old 03-26-2008, 11:23 AM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

here are some more data logs i did. this is after i fixed the coupler in my maf housing. it elimated my backfire. you can see that there is no rich spike after the shift, it does get a bit rich but its a smooth curve rather than a spike and doesn't drop as low as before.

and then here is one where my car got real sluggish in 4th gear and if you notice my fuel pressure basically dropped. think i let my rpm's drop to low before punching it in 4th.
 Old 03-26-2008, 11:38 AM   #11
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

you are running out of fuel...look at your fuel pressure....
 Old 03-26-2008, 11:46 AM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

ha and my only mods are the standback, exhaust, FMIC with intake.
 Old 03-26-2008, 11:53 AM   #13

NYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the worldNYpest is the leader of the world
Thanked 29,976 Times in 478 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

ha and my only mods are the standback, exhaust, FMIC with intake
..........insert pump here<---------
NYpest is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-26-2008, 11:54 AM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

maybe i'll get one where PT-Performance's come out and are under $300
 Old 03-26-2008, 11:57 AM   #15
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

according to dadasracecar you have a fualty fuel sytem lmao
 Old 03-26-2008, 11:59 AM   #16

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

hahaha yeah i'm sure i do. maybe i put sand in my own gas tank.

but honestly i think its cause i bogged the motor down on the highway while trying this. i will do it again later and see what happens.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f9/datalogs-432/
Posted By For Type Date
Mazda Speed Forums: Mazdaspeed High Performance Forum with Gallery, Specs, discussion & more This thread Refback 03-26-2008 11:30 AM