register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning Have an ECU tuning issue? Do you want to discuss Mazdaspeed 3/6 tuning solutions? Up to date info on the latest! Piasini Reflash, Cobb Access Port, Xede, Procede, Standback, Superchips & others supported here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-28-2010, 06:34 PM   #1

sguzov will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Emissions

Hi everyone!!

I have purchased 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 recently. I have turbo back, CBE, Cobb short ram intake, and Cobb AP running 93 octane stage 2+ on 93 octane. First cat is removed.

Do you think I will pass PA emissions or should I change to a different map?

Thanks for your quick replies and tips.
sguzov is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-30-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
patrick failman

karl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,185 Posts
Groans: 74
Groaned at 55 Times in 47 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

you should pass unless the emission nazis notice a cat missing.
2012 ingot silver mustang gt w/ 6 speed, 3.73 rear end, bama 93 tune, cat deletes, boss 302 oil cooler, roush cai, dynotech aluminum driveshaft, ford racing strut tower brace, dampers & springs, boss 302 sway bars, gt500 strut mounts, lower control arms & axle backs, j&m adjustable panhard bar, steeda upper control arm & 3 point braces, jlt catch can, barton short shifter & shift bracket
karl-hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #3

FenixTX717 has a brilliant futureFenixTX717 has a brilliant futureFenixTX717 has a brilliant futureFenixTX717 has a brilliant futureFenixTX717 has a brilliant futureFenixTX717 has a brilliant futureFenixTX717 has a brilliant futureFenixTX717 has a brilliant futureFenixTX717 has a brilliant futureFenixTX717 has a brilliant futureFenixTX717 has a brilliant future
Groans: 1
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Why not just throw the cat, back on the car for emissions?
FenixTX717 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-30-2010, 05:49 PM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Guys!! I didn't pass

Because of the COBB stage 2 is blocking some engine code (O2 sensor I guess) and it doesn't display the info from OBD. What should I do????

desperately need help!!! I cannot drive the car, since I do not want to get a ticket without inspection/emissions.
 Old 06-30-2010, 05:57 PM   #5

Base14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 5
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

You say you have the first cat removed, but yet you also say you have a turbo-back, which implies you have both cats removed. You shuold be fine with a test pipe because the O2 sensor is before this point, on the downpipe. Might have to reinstall stock dp, uninstall the cobb flash, and go back?
2008.5 MS3 GT | Hypertech Flash | Cobb SRI | Cobb TIP | SU Test Pipe | Forge BPV | JBarone SSP w/ bushings | Matt Damond's OCC kit | SU RMM | 20% tint | LED swap | Raptor DDE Halo kit | Rally Armor Mud flaps | Sideskirts | TRS clear lenses | DashHawk with CPE mount
278 whp, 300 wtq

Base14 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-30-2010, 06:06 PM   #6

boyer is just really niceboyer is just really niceboyer is just really niceboyer is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

just to share my experience, i swapped my test pipe off for the stock cat, and unmarried the accessport as I pulled into the garage. still failed the emissions because OBDII was 'not ready'. I had to drive around for 20 miles or shoulda disconnected the battery. I think there was a thread on cobb's forums about passing inspection with the accessport married, but most failed IIRC.
boyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to boyer For This Useful Post:
sguzov (06-30-2010)
 Old 06-30-2010, 06:10 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by boyer View Post
just to share my experience, i swapped my test pipe off for the stock cat, and unmarried the accessport as I pulled into the garage. still failed the emissions because OBDII was 'not ready'. I had to drive around for 20 miles or shoulda disconnected the battery. I think there was a thread on cobb's forums about passing inspection with the accessport married, but most failed IIRC.
What should I do??? Would it help to switch to the stock map? Or uninstall the AP?

I do not have the original parts!!!!That is the biggest problem!!!Please help me!!!
 Old 06-30-2010, 06:33 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

still failed the emissions because OBDII was 'not ready'.
I have the same problem -- NOT READY - PLEASE HELP!
 Old 06-30-2010, 06:34 PM   #9

Base14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond reputeBase14 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 5
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sguzov View Post
What should I do??? Would it help to switch to the stock map? Or uninstall the AP?

I do not have the original parts!!!!That is the biggest problem!!!Please help me!!!
ZOMG PAAAANNNNIC!!!!

Anyways.. Then yes, your best bet right now is to switch back to stock map and try it again. The test pipe shouldn't be an issue for the reason I stated above.
2008.5 MS3 GT | Hypertech Flash | Cobb SRI | Cobb TIP | SU Test Pipe | Forge BPV | JBarone SSP w/ bushings | Matt Damond's OCC kit | SU RMM | 20% tint | LED swap | Raptor DDE Halo kit | Rally Armor Mud flaps | Sideskirts | TRS clear lenses | DashHawk with CPE mount
278 whp, 300 wtq

Base14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Base14 For This Useful Post:
gtarman77787 (07-07-2010), sguzov (06-30-2010)
 Old 06-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #10

Spoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the world
Groans: 54
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hi everyone!!

I have purchased 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 recently. I have turbo back, CBE, Cobb short ram intake, and Cobb AP running 93 octane stage 2+ on 93 octane. First cat is removed.

Do you think I will pass PA emissions or should I change to a different map?

Thanks for your quick replies and tips.
What downpipe?
The Following User Says Thank You to Spoolme For This Useful Post:
sguzov (06-30-2010)
 Old 06-30-2010, 06:50 PM   #11

BoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the world
Groans: 32
Groaned at 31 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

where in PA are you located? I know of many friends in the Pittsburgh area who will pass you.
BoostIsBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BoostIsBetter For This Useful Post:
sguzov (06-30-2010)
 Old 06-30-2010, 06:54 PM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I uninstalled AP just a bit ago and disconnected my battery. When i started I haven't seen any codes come up. Will I be OK right now, or should I drive for awhile?

I'm not freaking out, but I need the car to get around, and the cops around here are vicious

Originally Posted by Spoolme View Post
What downpipe?
I have 3" TURBOXS downpipe and midpipe and 3" Magna flow CBE.

Originally Posted by BoostIsBetter View Post
where in PA are you located? I know of many friends in the Pittsburgh area who will pass you.
I'm in Philadelphia area - Montgomery county.

Last edited by sguzov; 06-30-2010 at 06:54 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 06-30-2010, 06:59 PM   #13

BoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the worldBoostIsBetter is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

If things don't pan out for you in the philly area, then shoot me a pm and if your willing to take a 5-6 hour drive to pittsburgh, i have some friends with shops that can take care of you.
sguzov (06-30-2010)
 Old 06-30-2010, 07:05 PM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by BoostIsBetter View Post
If things don't pan out for you in the philly area, then shoot me a pm and if your willing to take a 5-6 hour drive to pittsburgh, i have some friends with shops that can take care of you.
Thank you! I will let you know what happens. I have uninstalled AP for now and will drive it for around 50 miles to see if it will throw a code. If not I will take it to reinspect.
The Following User Says Thank You to sguzov For This Useful Post:
BoostIsBetter (06-30-2010)
 Old 06-30-2010, 07:46 PM   #15

Not Ranked  0 score     

good luck
sguzov (06-30-2010)
 Old 06-30-2010, 07:53 PM   #16

boyer is just really niceboyer is just really niceboyer is just really niceboyer is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

a. you could get inspected in philadelphia county. i don't think they have emmissions but not usre. ask some other philly guys in the NATOR section.

As long is the accessport is unmarried, take it to the garage and get it done. No cel's will mean it's a pass. If a cel comes on, I'm not sure what you should do. search around for the manual downpipe CEL fix on the forums.
boyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to boyer For This Useful Post:
sguzov (06-30-2010)
 Old 06-30-2010, 08:03 PM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Oh, yeah...I also cleared the codes just in case before pulling in. Do you think it was a mistake? I read that people have done it and failed for reason the same to mine - OBD NOT READY.

THANKS!

manual downpipe CEL fix
Do you have a link? I have also called CoBB techs today and the guy said that there is a fix, but it's not "legal" that changes O2 sensor sensitivity I guess. He didn't go into many details though.

Last edited by sguzov; 06-30-2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 06-30-2010, 08:16 PM   #18

esr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the worldesr010 is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Oh, yeah...I also cleared the codes just in case before pulling in. Do you think it was a mistake? I read that people have done it and failed for reason the same to mine - OBD NOT READY.

THANKS!

Do you have a link? I have also called CoBB techs today and the guy said that there is a fix, but it's not "legal" that changes O2 sensor sensitivity I guess. He didn't go into many details though.

From my knowledge if they are saying you are not ready it is an emission code IE CAT not warm enough or 02 sensor not up to temp.. Whenever you reset your codes this resets everything and as soon as you roll into the garage everything will read not ready. The state of CT needs at least 3 of 5 sensors ready to pass IIRC. (experience is from a old mercury cougar) I have had this problem in the past trying to pass emissions and passes it flawlessly doing the following...

Reset battery or reset codes. Start car. Run for 50+ miles and pull into said inspection facility. This should get all the sensors set up and ready to go "ready". Do not shut the car off or anything if possible. With the car i had you needed 2 key cycles to throw an emissions code. I am not sure if this works with the mazda but i worked with the mercury "ford" - "mazda"? I had a snap on scan tool that monitored all sensors that showed ready and rolled it into the shop. They started it, ran the obdII and it passed. I threw a code a few miles later but it was part of the 2nd key cycle.

Give it a shot?

The stuff the other guys was taking about was an 02 simulator. Google it. It doesnt always work. Almost as effective as a 02 spacer..

Good luck.
esr010 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to esr010 For This Useful Post:
sguzov (06-30-2010)
 Old 07-07-2010, 01:18 AM   #19

wutuner is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am concerned about this as well, I have a MS6 with test pipe installed, anybody knows if this will pass emission test in CA?
wutuner is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-07-2010, 02:15 AM   #20

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,123 Times in 1,228 Posts
Groans: 111
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you have the first cat still on (meaning you only have a test or race pipe) you have pretty good chances to pass the emission tests. If you don't have any cats (aftermarket downpipe) then obviously the car won't pass the emissions test never ever in this life, no matter what ECU tune are you using (including the stock tune).
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW to 28PSI, self-tuned to 32PSI

2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7 6 Speed Manual
SU TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, Cobb XLE, Cobb EBCS, CorkSport 3.5BAR MAP
GTX2867R gen2, stock spark plugs, stock cats and stock exhaust FTW, JBR Tru-3" Silicone intake
TheSpeedLine Top and Lower Strut bars
self-Versatuned to 22PSI
mituc is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-07-2010, 07:49 AM   #21

volodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the world
Groans: 42
Groaned at 18 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

streetunit.com sell something to trick the ECU into seeing 02 sensors even though theyre not there.

"ban post whoring brownies"

Forge v1
volodya84 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-07-2010, 08:25 AM   #22

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,123 Times in 1,228 Posts
Groans: 111
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Indeed, but a fake O2 sensor will only help you not to get CELs all the time, but not with the emissions.
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW to 28PSI, self-tuned to 32PSI

2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7 6 Speed Manual
SU TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, Cobb XLE, Cobb EBCS, CorkSport 3.5BAR MAP
GTX2867R gen2, stock spark plugs, stock cats and stock exhaust FTW, JBR Tru-3" Silicone intake
TheSpeedLine Top and Lower Strut bars
self-Versatuned to 22PSI
mituc is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-07-2010, 08:29 AM   #23

volodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the world
Groans: 42
Groaned at 18 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If theyre only testing OBD, its fine...

Then again I have a speed6, they couldnt put me on a Dyno cause they dont have
AWD emissio dynos here in VA.

"ban post whoring brownies"

Forge v1
volodya84 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-12-2010, 06:27 PM   #24

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mituc View Post
If you have the first cat still on (meaning you only have a test or race pipe) you have pretty good chances to pass the emission tests. If you don't have any cats (aftermarket downpipe) then obviously the car won't pass the emissions test never ever in this life, no matter what ECU tune are you using (including the stock tune).
Hi everyone!!!!

I have passed emissions in PA with no cats at all!!!! I'm pretty happy about it and want to share my experience with you.

So after I uninstalled AP and drove for about 65 miles, my CEL came on (catalytic converter deficiency). So I thought that's it - I'm doomed. I drove the car for another couple days for about 80-100 miles and my CEL disappeared. I didn't know what to think about it, but I thought if there is a problem like no cats that CEL will stay lit forever. Anyway, I took it back to the shop and they plugged it in the state machine - and it didn't show that anything was wrong. I got my stickers right there, and they never did the visual...Same day driving from work my CEL lit back on!!!!!

So right now AP is back, and the stage 2+ tune, and I'm really happy for the whole one year!!
 Old 07-12-2010, 07:08 PM   #25

Spoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the world
Groans: 54
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

lol, congrats!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Spoolme For This Useful Post:
sguzov (07-12-2010)