register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning Have an ECU tuning issue? Do you want to discuss Mazdaspeed 3/6 tuning solutions? Up to date info on the latest! Piasini Reflash, Cobb Access Port, Xede, Procede, Standback, Superchips & others supported here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-12-2009, 08:55 AM   #1

spiker98 is the leader of the worldspiker98 is the leader of the worldspiker98 is the leader of the worldspiker98 is the leader of the worldspiker98 is the leader of the worldspiker98 is the leader of the worldspiker98 is the leader of the worldspiker98 is the leader of the worldspiker98 is the leader of the worldspiker98 is the leader of the worldspiker98 is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 10 Times in 5 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Help...I have 1 day left!!!!

Ok guys, I am getting ready to go to deals gap this weekend and I still don't have my car running properly. Here is the problem: I am running the ATP 3in MAF sensor with the Standback. Now since the ATP sends a false reading that doesn't correspond correctly with the Standback. This in theory makes the car lean out.

So I need to add fuel to the car in certain rpm ranges..(Remember I have no tuning experience whatsoever.) How do I add fuel? How much fuel do I add? Should I add fuel to the whole powerband? Do I need to adjust timing if I add fuel?
ANY help is appreciated. I need this running right TODAY.
spiker98 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-12-2009, 09:14 AM   #2

phantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,102 Times in 307 Posts
Groans: 190
Groaned at 53 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

from my understanding you need to scale you MAF. Adding a generic amount of fuel across the board won't help. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

ps: I hope you make it to the dragon. I was trying to get there 6 years ago with my cousin in my 300zx but we broke down in Summersville West Virgina. Spent the extra long weekend stuck in a hotel room throwing cards into a hat. UPS showed up on Monday with the part and we bolted for the border... I still want to go someday.

Currently Designing:

The golden girdle of the gods
The CF "fuck your face" IM
phantom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to phantom3 For This Un-useful Post:
 Old 06-12-2009, 09:17 AM   #3
Banned

phillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the world
Thanked 18,750 Times in 5,168 Posts
Groans: 1,940
Groaned at 886 Times in 632 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

well. start with two logs and post them up. do two third gear pulls from like 3k up to whatever you want, but high enough to help us help you.
post your maf tables from the sb app

Originally Posted by phantom3 View Post
from my understanding you need to scale you MAF. Adding a generic amount of fuel across the board won't help. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

ps: I hope you make it to the dragon. I was trying to get there 6 years ago with my cousin in my 300zx but we broke down in Summersville West Virgina. Spent the extra long weekend stuck in a hotel room throwing cards into a hat. UPS showed up on Monday with the part and we bolted for the border... I still want to go someday.
assumptions mean you think he has atr. op has a sb, unfortunately, there's no maf calibration. just a maf table and a maf transfer
phillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phillyb For This Useful Post:
94jedi (06-12-2009)
 Old 06-12-2009, 09:21 AM   #4

phantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the worldphantom3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,102 Times in 307 Posts
Groans: 190
Groaned at 53 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

apologies

Currently Designing:

The golden girdle of the gods
The CF "fuck your face" IM
phantom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-12-2009, 09:24 AM   #5

spiker98 is the leader of the worldspiker98 is the leader of the worldspiker98 is the leader of the worldspiker98 is the leader of the worldspiker98 is the leader of the worldspiker98 is the leader of the worldspiker98 is the leader of the worldspiker98 is the leader of the worldspiker98 is the leader of the worldspiker98 is the leader of the worldspiker98 is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by phantom3 View Post

Sucks you didn't make it to the dragon man. I have been there probably about 5 times already. It is a blast, the main reason I want to make it to this meet is because I have been out of the game for so long and this is a huge mazda meet.

Philly, I was thinking about using the dashhawk because I don't have a laptop to hook to the car while driving. will the standback record without a computer attached?? just put it in "record" mode or something??
 Old 06-12-2009, 09:24 AM   #6
Banned

phillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

accepted i suppose. op, i'll be in and out of shout all day
 Old 06-12-2009, 11:38 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok, This is the first one. I will be going out to do some more shortly. It is only at 12-13 psi because I started a run before this and started to pull past 22. So i turned my greddy EBC WAAY down.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp first data log.bmp (2.25 MB, 13 views)
 Old 06-12-2009, 12:10 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

here is another...
Attached Images
File Type: bmp data log 2.bmp (2.25 MB, 8 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to spiker98 For This Useful Post:
phillyb (06-12-2009)
 Old 06-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #9
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

aight hang on. i'm still on a phone call. what you want to do is take the red line and drag it across the graph. when you see afr at 11.5, look at the rpm, and then go to the maf table and adjust the cell for that rpm. you'll probably adjust for 3.1 up to 5.0. if it's 11.5 and you're aiming for 12.0 i would start just by typing -1 into those cells and see where that gets you. if it's too lean, then you don't need to pull that much fuel. so instead of -1, you can change it to -.5. adjust accordingly
 Old 06-12-2009, 01:29 PM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

ok so it looks like im going lean from 2500rpm to 4500rpm. I am hovering around 14.5AFR then it starts tapering down. so should i add fuel for that whole rpm range???
 Old 06-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #11
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

that's still closed loop probably, so you can try
 Old 06-12-2009, 04:28 PM   #12

blaggah has much to be proud ofblaggah has much to be proud ofblaggah has much to be proud ofblaggah has much to be proud ofblaggah has much to be proud ofblaggah has much to be proud ofblaggah has much to be proud ofblaggah has much to be proud ofblaggah has much to be proud ofblaggah has much to be proud of
Groans: 9
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

People taking tuning avice from philly...

Isn't that one of the signs of the apocalypse?
blaggah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blaggah For This Useful Post:
bykeryder4life (06-14-2009)
 Old 06-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

ok I added a little fuel between the 2500-4600rpm range and that brought my AFR down to the 13's at least but now I seem to be loosing boost real bad after 4500rpm. so I'm gonna take it apart and hook up that boost leak tester again. any other hints. help please!!!!
 Old 06-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #14
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

so at the top, start there and go backwards, i actually think that's easier.
so at 6k or whatever, look at your afr. looks like it's in the 10's, so you'll be putting negative numbers in the maf table. start with -1 or -2, it'll be more than that probably, but start small and take more logs and make more adjustments. but go from 6k and work your way down. look at the sb tables, and look at the rpm increments/values they use. use that, look at the log, adjust table accordingly. repeat
 Old 06-13-2009, 07:31 AM   #15

Speedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 4
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Any idea how the op made out with this?
Speedn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-14-2009, 06:16 PM   #16

bykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the world
Groans: 38
Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

fyi even though its considered "closed loop" still, you can start throwing fuel down at 1.7volts and about 2800rpm, since these cars run lean part throttle. If you are seeing afr's in the 13's while down low at spool, you should put 5's or 6's into those tables to start off. I add fuel up to 8% down low in some spots, and up top I gradually pull it out-took -3.5 for me to get my car from the 10's and occasional 9's to a solid 11.3ish. Any knock you see consistently pull 2 degrees in that zone to start, just remember timing affects the AFR, and more will lean you out and vice versa
bykeryder4life is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #17

bykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the world
Groans: 38
Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by spiker98 View Post
I seem to be loosing boost real bad after 4500rpm. so I'm gonna take it apart and hook up that boost leak tester again. any other hints. help please!!!!
what are you using for your boost control, are you using the PID's or are you using the table for boost? I dont know your mods but most cars boost will taper off up top. on my boost table I start with 16psi down low (so I dont load up the motor early) and by 5k rpm I am commanding 19psi-which ends up being about 18 or 17 by redline. this little k04 turbo cant put out that much air so dont expect a solid boost held untill redline.
bykeryder4life is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-12-2009, 03:30 PM   #18

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok, here is another go at it today...

What the fuck is wrong with my boost pressure? Inside the car I was reading 14-15psi up to where i let off at about 6000 but on the dashhawk it says at 4000 I drop down to about 6psi where i stay until i let off... is this something happening that I can't see from my boost controller/boost gauge?? is the dashhawk wrong?

I know my AF ratios are still very high but i am changing them little by little.. Right now i am only changing 1% at a time...is this gonna take forever?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp data log whats wrong.bmp (2.25 MB, 3 views)
 Old 07-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #19

bnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,376 Times in 530 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by spiker98 View Post
Ok, here is another go at it today...

What the fuck is wrong with my boost pressure? Inside the car I was reading 14-15psi up to where i let off at about 6000 but on the dashhawk it says at 4000 I drop down to about 6psi where i stay until i let off... is this something happening that I can't see from my boost controller/boost gauge?? is the dashhawk wrong?

I know my AF ratios are still very high but i am changing them little by little.. Right now i am only changing 1% at a time...is this gonna take forever?
Did you get the MAF configured yet???

OK, philly said obove that there isn't a MAF calibration??? Then he says there's a MAF table and MAF transfer... those are the MAF calibration tables... so I'm kinda confused by his post. Are those tables not edit-able in the SB??? Post screen shots of those tables for me (stock and modified both if you can/did edit them).

Basicaly, with the 3" MAF, you will need to compare idle/load with the stock MAF to the same idle/load values with the 3" MAF to scale it in. With these cars, the MAF and MAP are used to calculate load and therefore boost cut. If your MAF tables are off, you will throw the SB limits off of what they are programmed for... in essence lying to the stock PCM with the SB, but lying to the SB with the wrong MAF and MAF tables...
2013 Ford Focus SE - Sold!
1986 Porsche 944 Turbo - Sold!
2002 BMW M3 - Sold!
2014 Mustang GT 5.0 Track Pack
1974 GMC Super Custom 1500 built 350/TH400 3200 stall
bnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-12-2009, 04:00 PM   #20
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

i just meant with atr there is literally some shit called maf calibration, right?
with sb it's really really really simple.
nonetheless, the dh is reading his clipped boost cause that's how sb ninjas roll
 Old 07-13-2009, 11:04 AM   #21

bnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the worldbnoon is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by phaillyb View Post
nonetheless, the dh is reading his clipped boost cause that's how sb ninjas roll
DH should read a max boost signal of what ever the map clamp is set to though, not 6 PSI. My DashDaq reads 15.8 PSI max when actual is 15.8 PSI or 21 PSI. Does the SB not use a normal map clamp design?
2002 BMW M3 - Sold!
 Old 07-13-2009, 11:37 AM   #22
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

if you set the clip to 6 psi, you will see a flat line once you go beyond 6psi. is that what you mean?
 Old 07-14-2009, 08:29 AM   #23

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by phaillyb View Post
if you set the clip to 6 psi, you will see a flat line once you go beyond 6psi. is that what you mean?
Why would you clip it at 6 PSI? But yes, if you set a MAP clamp device to read nothing higher than the voltage for 6 PSI, that's all you would read on your DH or DD. That's obviously not what is happening here because he does read to 12-14 PSI, then it falls. Clipping the signal with a clamp wouldn't do that.
2002 BMW M3 - Sold!
 Old 07-14-2009, 08:33 AM   #24
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

ahhh, i didn't really read his bump. i thought that's what he was saying. at least that's what it sounded like in the shoutbox.
less pot, more comprehension for me.
lol.
 Old 07-14-2009, 08:33 AM   #25

SgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,355 Times in 343 Posts
Groans: 106
Groaned at 30 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

philly can tune my ride anyday!
CP-E Nano, CP-E Inlet, CP-E catless DP, CP-E Standback V2, CPE FullThrottle/No Cut Flash, CP-E FMIC, CP-E CDFP, CP-E HKS BPV, TRZ Poly MM, E4P Shifter, Denso Iridium ITV22 plugs, CP-E Towplate, PG V3 Manifold w/EGT bung, Saikou Michi OCC, EGR delete, BSD w/oil baffle, BC Coilovers w/front camber adjustment, SPC rear arms, 17x8 Anthracite O.Z. Alleggerita's wrapped in Nitto NT01's

Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
damn josh u are pretty.... i swear if tina hadnt taken you id so rail u
Certified Personal Trainer/Nutritional Consultant - I can cure Skinny, Fat and Weak

http://jpnutritionandfitness.blogspot.com/

Sponsored By: CP-E
SgtP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SgtP For This Useful Post:
phillyb (07-14-2009)