register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning Have an ECU tuning issue? Do you want to discuss Mazdaspeed 3/6 tuning solutions? Up to date info on the latest! Piasini Reflash, Cobb Access Port, Xede, Procede, Standback, Superchips & others supported here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-16-2012, 12:37 AM   #1

rtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the world
Groans: 18
Groaned at 7 Times in 3 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Old Radiator fan controls

So I believe this has been mentioned, but I just noticed the old radiator fan tables were removed in some previous update to ATR, and i think the consensus is they were not working.

Well, when they were active and I had modified them to below 200F. I believe they were functional, but only when the car was turned off. Turning off the car below 200F fan stays off, turning off car with ECT @ 200+ fan turns on. Has anyone else tried this or looked at this in the past?
Now this was not complete control or maybe intended, but I believe it would help for example when waiting in line at a drag strip.

Just a thought and old subject revival.
rtabagaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #2
Approved MSF Vendor

Cobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,071 Times in 288 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 47 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by rtabagaboy View Post
So I believe this has been mentioned, but I just noticed the old radiator fan tables were removed in some previous update to ATR, and i think the consensus is they were not working.

Well, when they were active and I had modified them to below 200F. I believe they were functional, but only when the car was turned off. Turning off the car below 200F fan stays off, turning off car with ECT @ 200+ fan turns on. Has anyone else tried this or looked at this in the past?
Now this was not complete control or maybe intended, but I believe it would help for example when waiting in line at a drag strip.

Just a thought and old subject revival.
As stated before, those tables were released before I took over the project over a year ago. I removed those tables because of the fact that they didn't work as billed, and ironically we've had competitors copy our non-working tables and leave them in their software.

The research on them has been put on the priority list below a couple of big features, but it is still being worked on as it has been a continuous request. I know particularly for drag cars and race cars it would be beneficial, so it will be there eventually.

-David@COBB
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cobb Tuning For This Useful Post:
Ckmazdaspeed3 (03-16-2012), G26 (03-16-2012), jracer (03-16-2012), kgb (03-18-2012)
 Old 03-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
G26

G26 is the leader of the worldG26 is the leader of the worldG26 is the leader of the worldG26 is the leader of the worldG26 is the leader of the worldG26 is the leader of the worldG26 is the leader of the worldG26 is the leader of the worldG26 is the leader of the worldG26 is the leader of the worldG26 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,325 Times in 1,285 Posts
Groans: 39
Groaned at 152 Times in 52 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hmm, now I am intrigued about these big features you speak of.

2010 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 ~ Current ~ K&N SRI / 4300k HIDs
G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
Approved MSF Vendor

Cobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the worldCobb Tuning is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,071 Times in 288 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 47 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by G26 View Post
Hmm, now I am intrigued about these big features you speak of.
I'm keeping you on your toes, like always

Just be excited for them. Keeping them under wraps for now.

-David@COBB
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cobb Tuning For This Useful Post:
jracer (03-16-2012)
 Old 03-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #5

rtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the worldrtabagaboy is the leader of the world
Groans: 18
Groaned at 7 Times in 3 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I agree big features sound better than a radiator table. Just pointing out that the old tables might have been functional when the car was off. Don't think if anyone ever tested this or if you know this is how they worked. I am sure you guys know a lot more than me. If they work with the car off it could still be useful just to unlock them in the next release if it is simple, just mark it as 'car off radiator fan table' or something.
rtabagaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #6
Eth/Meth Junkie

cld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,488 Times in 1,740 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

FYI,

These tables always worked fine for me prior to their removal in ATR?!? Aside from the axis being labeled in °F and actually being °C (yeah, huge deal but anyways...)

I set my ECT to 195°F and typically logged ~187°F.

After Cobb removed the tables, I just modified my old maps which still have the lower ECT temp targets and I still log ~ 187°F.
08 MS3: ATP GTX3071 at 26PSI , AEM Dryflow 21-2147DK, CP-E 3.25'' MAF, CP-E Nviscid TIP, PG FMIC piping with Treadstone TR11 core, Cobb BPV, Ported IM, PG v1 manifold, CP-E catted DP, CNT CBE, KMD v2, Grimspeed EBCS, Alkycontrol Meth injection (M10 with 100% meth), E40 fuel, Cobb AP (ATR= WIN), ACT ZX4-HDSS, 3-Bar MAP, JBR RSB, and CP-E 60 Duro Engine Mount Set. (297.3WHP/366.9WTQ - on K04, 469.2WHP/420.7WTQ - on GTX3071)
cld12pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote