register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning Have an ECU tuning issue? Do you want to discuss Mazdaspeed 3/6 tuning solutions? Up to date info on the latest! Piasini Reflash, Cobb Access Port, Xede, Procede, Standback, Superchips & others supported here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SSinstaller

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-05-2018, 09:40 PM   #1

LukaszP is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Possibly an ECU?

I was looking at buying a Mazdaspeed 3. It's a 2008.5 and I noticed that it has something by the battery where the ECU is located next to the battery. Can it possibly be some kind of aftermarket ECU?
Attached Images
File Type: png 875885206f085e7dc6f1d7efa60a05ae.png (499.0 KB, 14 views)
LukaszP is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-05-2018, 09:42 PM   #2

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here is a closer picture. Seem to says "Kicker."
Attached Images
File Type: png 2.png (349.0 KB, 9 views)
 Old 12-05-2018, 10:07 PM   #3

SSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,540 Times in 1,671 Posts
Groans: 55
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes, that is an aftermarket ecu.

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-oqfw...=2?imbypass=on
LukaszP likes this.
Fully Built : Arias Pistons: Pauter Rods : ARP bolts: Ported Head: Cosworth BSD : Spec 3+ Clutch : Fidanza Flywheel : AWR Engine mounts 90duro : Custom TIP/Intake : Custom Blow Through 3.5" MAF : Custom FMIC : HKS SSQV VTA : Ported IM : Custom DP : Custom Exhaust : CPBoost Top Mount EM : Garrett GT3582R : PTP Turbo Blanket: Tial V44 EWG : Perrin EBCS : MrLilGuy/PTP HPFP : Ported fuel line : Ported Fuel Rail : Custom Ported Fuel Injectors : Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump : HKS Twin Power DLI II : HKS M-Series Plugs : Cobb AP : AEM 3.5bar MAP :Koni Sport shocks : RPM Kspec Springs : TWM STS : TT Front Diff Mount : CPE Upper Diff Mount : Whiteline RSB : AWR Endlinks

Soon to be installed:
ST manifold w/ port injection : Raduim Engineering PCV Plate : Radium Engineering PCV valve : Radium Engineering Fuel filter : Aeromotive FPR : DCR VVT : TI Automotive F90000274 Fuel Pump : NX 15718 : Split Second AIC

SSinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SSinstaller For This Useful Post:
Thor Hammer (12-06-2018)
 Old 12-06-2018, 07:02 AM   #4

gotovato is a splendid one to beholdgotovato is a splendid one to beholdgotovato is a splendid one to beholdgotovato is a splendid one to beholdgotovato is a splendid one to beholdgotovato is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

LOL. thats good. its a fuse holder man, from the aftermarket stereo that was probably in there at some point
2011 ms3 Cobb AP, Forge bypass valve, HPFP internals, Cobb downpipe, Custom fmic w/mishimoto core, Cobb RMM, Cobb EBC, KW coilovers, whiteline RSB, stop tech fluid, stop tech SS brake lines, hawk HP+ pads, ACT 6 puck clutch, ATP 3071r, HTP 3.5" intake, Damond catch can, TunedbyNishan
gotovato is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-06-2018, 07:43 AM   #5

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Most of the time to alter ecu control on obd2 cars, it is something that just re-flash the oem ecu.

2007 rusted Speed6... in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-06-2018, 09:26 AM   #6

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,116 Times in 1,223 Posts
Groans: 111
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by LukaszP View Post
Here is a closer picture. Seem to says "Kicker."
Just on the right of that Kicker thing you can see the ECU connectors, they're so big and clear that they almost shout at you "I am here! I am here!!".
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW to 28PSI, self-tuned to 32PSI

2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7 6 Speed Manual
SU TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, Cobb XLE, Cobb EBCS
GTX2867R gen2, stock spark plugs, stock intake, stock cats and stock exhaust FTW
self-Versatuned to 22PSI
mituc is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-06-2018, 01:24 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I feel a little stupid lol. Thought it was some kind of aftermarket ECU. I’ve seen some speed owners do some stupid shit before, what can I expect. Thanks for the info! I’ll be on these forums a lot more frequently if I get it. 150k miles and really cheap. so definitely will need a rebuild soon.
 Old 12-06-2018, 05:31 PM   #8

whatsabrooklyn is a splendid one to beholdwhatsabrooklyn is a splendid one to beholdwhatsabrooklyn is a splendid one to beholdwhatsabrooklyn is a splendid one to beholdwhatsabrooklyn is a splendid one to beholdwhatsabrooklyn is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

do you have a subwoofer in your car? if not, see where the other end of that wire goes to... that looks like the power wire to the amplifier. if they took that stuff out of the car, you may want to see where that end leads to and possible remove it or take the fuse out or disconnect it... i would disconnect it to be on the safe side
whatsabrooklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-06-2018, 09:20 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I still haven’t gotten my hands on the MS3, and there is probably no possible way of me going to see the car. Technically it’s a “blind” purchase as for I only see the pictures of the car. It’s really cheap so I have nothing to really nothing to lose. If the worst comes, I’ll be parting it out. Although I’ll keep you updated when if I get it.
 Old 12-07-2018, 06:21 AM   #10

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

you still talk about ''such a great price'' i hope it is below 4k?.
Do you have a video of it running if you gonna buy it without inspection and seeing it in person, you need at least to see if the engine isn't knocking....
A blown doesn't worth much....

2007 rusted Speed6... in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-07-2018, 09:58 AM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Buying it for way below 4k. Don’t have a video of how it runs but it definitely runs. At this price, a blown engine are my expectations with this car.