register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning Have an ECU tuning issue? Do you want to discuss Mazdaspeed 3/6 tuning solutions? Up to date info on the latest! Piasini Reflash, Cobb Access Port, Xede, Procede, Standback, Superchips & others supported here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By I Love Brownies

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #1

Coats is the leader of the worldCoats is the leader of the worldCoats is the leader of the worldCoats is the leader of the worldCoats is the leader of the worldCoats is the leader of the worldCoats is the leader of the worldCoats is the leader of the worldCoats is the leader of the worldCoats is the leader of the worldCoats is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Something is wrong

I recently switched to a Stage2 map on my AP after adding the COBB DP. the car is sputtering around 4k and up at WOT. It was recommended by COBB over the telephone that I get a HFFP from cp-e. I switched back to the Stage1 map as a precaution and everything seems fine. After reading some threads I see that there are many enthusiasts on this forum that can read logs taken from the AP. Will someone please help me out by telling me what parameters I need to log. I can figure out how to post the logs and have a more seasoned member read them and determine where my problems might be. Thanks

GONE 2009 335i xdrive coupe COBB AP V3 CPe DCI

SOLD 2009 FREEKED Mazdaspeed3 GT
Coats is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-02-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
Eth Fiend

phate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,664 Times in 5,848 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You can log the default parameters to get a good idea. You can then open it with Excel, or post the .csv here for us to look at.

It is likely to be the HPFP though.
phate is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #3

m4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,013 Times in 1,767 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 24 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

your fuel pump cant take the flow demand that the DP and stage2 tune present

//2014 Mustang GT// Brembos - Bob's Can - SCT X4 - MGW - GT500 Quad-tip Axle back - Vorshlag Street Pro - Ford K Springs - BMR PHB

2007 MS6 w/ Cheez

// COBB V3 // SURE ID300 MAF // COBB TIP // CXRacing FMIC // PTP BSD // PTP Windage Tray // PTP TIG // KMD V2.1 CDFP Internals // HD Coil Packs //
Corksport DP // TurboXS RP // CP-e 3" Single Cat-back // Bilstein Shocks & H&R Springs // DSS Axle // TSW Interlagos 19x8 +35 // 235/35 Rubber
// Defi Red Racer // Block8head Defrost Pod // DDM 3k Fogs & 6k Lowbeams // Custom iPod Integration Hackjob //
m4tic is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #4

oh10speed3 is the leader of the worldoh10speed3 is the leader of the worldoh10speed3 is the leader of the worldoh10speed3 is the leader of the worldoh10speed3 is the leader of the worldoh10speed3 is the leader of the worldoh10speed3 is the leader of the worldoh10speed3 is the leader of the worldoh10speed3 is the leader of the worldoh10speed3 is the leader of the worldoh10speed3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 74 Times in 30 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

you need a fuel pump for stage 2..
 Old 07-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #5
Will fuck up ur day

Chimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,046 Times in 3,143 Posts
Groans: 433
Groaned at 224 Times in 138 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I too was just having that problem. Get hp fuel pump internals, don't WOT until you do, ESPECIALLY since you have no idea how to monitor or log your parameters!
Turismo Vids - Store your car vids and pics here! Blog your builds too!
Click here for great deals at The RPM Store! PM me for pricing!
I hear that honkey at Protégé Garage is pretty decent too.
Chimmike is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #6

WorstEpEver is the leader of the worldWorstEpEver is the leader of the worldWorstEpEver is the leader of the worldWorstEpEver is the leader of the worldWorstEpEver is the leader of the worldWorstEpEver is the leader of the worldWorstEpEver is the leader of the worldWorstEpEver is the leader of the worldWorstEpEver is the leader of the worldWorstEpEver is the leader of the worldWorstEpEver is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sounds like a fuel PSI problem, but can't be sure. Logs will help.

You can log just the default parameters. Find a nice clear road and do a 3rd gear WOT pull from 2500-6500 RPM. Should take you from about 30-75mph. If you can, do 3 logs as that will help rule out inconsistencies.

BTW, have you calibrated your MAF?
 Old 07-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #7

I Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,156 Times in 2,461 Posts
Groans: 371
Groaned at 62 Times in 39 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

sounds like your blinker fluid is low
Coats likes this.
I Love Brownies is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #8

Coats is the leader of the worldCoats is the leader of the worldCoats is the leader of the worldCoats is the leader of the worldCoats is the leader of the worldCoats is the leader of the worldCoats is the leader of the worldCoats is the leader of the worldCoats is the leader of the worldCoats is the leader of the worldCoats is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks guys I will get some logs up here within the next 48hrs. @WorstEpEver, I have never calibrated my MAF. I will research on here how to go about completing that unless you have a straightforward way for a newb to go about it. @ms307nm...I ruled out the blinker fluid, I was thinking I might need to take an exhaust sample...

Old 07-02-2011, 08:31 PM   #9

TWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,074 Times in 1,586 Posts
Groans: 125
Groaned at 84 Times in 50 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

read alibor's guide the Maf cal is very easy and don't do pulls until you get your fuel pump
TWOptSL0W is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-02-2011, 08:37 PM   #10

kunfu is the leader of the worldkunfu is the leader of the worldkunfu is the leader of the worldkunfu is the leader of the worldkunfu is the leader of the worldkunfu is the leader of the worldkunfu is the leader of the worldkunfu is the leader of the worldkunfu is the leader of the worldkunfu is the leader of the worldkunfu is the leader of the world
Groans: 56
Groaned at 11 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Donate!
 Old 07-02-2011, 08:53 PM   #11

zpele is the leader of the worldzpele is the leader of the worldzpele is the leader of the worldzpele is the leader of the worldzpele is the leader of the worldzpele is the leader of the worldzpele is the leader of the worldzpele is the leader of the worldzpele is the leader of the worldzpele is the leader of the worldzpele is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,491 Times in 798 Posts
Groans: 354
Groaned at 213 Times in 109 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I would suggest you be very careful with that AP until you fully understand how to do at least basic tuning. You can very easily fuck up your car with the AP if you try and either modify shit or load the wrong map for your mods.

The AP does give warning signs when your car doesn't like the tune but you kind of have to know what to look for. Here is the link to Abilor's guide. I would suggest read it multiple times as you probably won't understand half of it the first time:

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...e-noobs-83959/

2007 Mazdaspeed6 (SOLD) - COBB SRI ~ Gutted Stock Midpipe ~ HKS BPV ~ JBR RMM ~ AWR PMM ~ AWR TMM ~ Juggernaught Rear Diff Mount ~ Dreadnaught Rear Diff Mount ~ ACT Stage 2 Clutch ~ ITV22s ~ AP(self fucking tuned in a week fuckers) ~ Autotech Internals ~ eBay Downpipe ~ Poke Sub thingy
zpele is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-05-2011, 02:15 PM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Appreciate all the advice. I am re-reading Abilors guide.