register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning Have an ECU tuning issue? Do you want to discuss Mazdaspeed 3/6 tuning solutions? Up to date info on the latest! Piasini Reflash, Cobb Access Port, Xede, Procede, Standback, Superchips & others supported here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree3Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-24-2009, 09:16 AM   #361

kore2000 is the leader of the worldkore2000 is the leader of the worldkore2000 is the leader of the worldkore2000 is the leader of the worldkore2000 is the leader of the worldkore2000 is the leader of the worldkore2000 is the leader of the worldkore2000 is the leader of the worldkore2000 is the leader of the worldkore2000 is the leader of the worldkore2000 is the leader of the world
Groans: 90
Groaned at 69 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by yang_jackson View Post
kore, try a wot log and see how it comes out. you dont need the blackbox at the time of log.... at least i didnt. i had a few logs first, dl the bb software, and it works great. if you wanna see some logs posted w/bb, scroll up...... i posted some 4th gear logs earlier.
Can you post the BBX file? I can see the pics just fine, but I want to get a raw .bbx file and see if the software works. If it works with another log file, then my log is likely jacked for some reason. If it doesn't work with the known working log, then something is wrong with the program.
kore2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-24-2009, 09:48 AM   #362

yang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the world
Groans: 29
Groaned at 56 Times in 24 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

its posted in this thread... i think around page 4 or 5
 Old 06-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #363

bykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the world
Groans: 38
Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

are afr read accurately w/dashawk after sb is installed? or does it skew the reading?
DH is accurate.
bykeryder4life is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bykeryder4life For This Useful Post:
yang_jackson (06-24-2009)
 Old 06-25-2009, 02:03 AM   #364

kore2000 is the leader of the worldkore2000 is the leader of the worldkore2000 is the leader of the worldkore2000 is the leader of the worldkore2000 is the leader of the worldkore2000 is the leader of the worldkore2000 is the leader of the worldkore2000 is the leader of the worldkore2000 is the leader of the worldkore2000 is the leader of the worldkore2000 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

its posted in this thread... i think around page 4 or 5
I'm pretty tired so maybe I missed it, but I just looked at pages 1-7 and all I saw was a bunch of jpgs and gifs, no bbx files. Could you point me to the post with the BBX log. Thank you.
 Old 06-25-2009, 08:54 AM   #365

yang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the worldyang_jackson is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by kore2000 View Post
I'm pretty tired so maybe I missed it, but I just looked at pages 1-7 and all I saw was a bunch of jpgs and gifs, no bbx files. Could you point me to the post with the BBX log. Thank you.
its post #98
 Old 06-25-2009, 08:58 AM   #366

Not Ranked  0 score     

its post #98
That is the black box software (PMP.exe), I was wanting an actual log file (XXX.bbx). I already have downloaded the software twice to different locations. I wanted to test the software's functionality on my computer with a log file that was known good. I'm thinking that my log is the problem, not the software, but I wanted to confirm it. Could you or someone post one of the log files (Log1.bbx) please. Thanks
 Old 06-26-2009, 12:08 PM   #367

Not Ranked  0 score     

anyone throw a p0101 cel code after installing sb? mass air 'a' circuit was the actual code. any help will be appreciated
 Old 06-26-2009, 12:15 PM   #368
Banned

phillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the world
Thanked 18,751 Times in 5,169 Posts
Groans: 1,940
Groaned at 886 Times in 632 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i used to throw fuel rail pressure sensor codes all the fucking time. that shit has been decent though
phillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phillyb For This Useful Post:
RichieRichness (12-13-2010)
 Old 06-26-2009, 01:35 PM   #369
ALL-IN.

AndyMS3 is the leader of the worldAndyMS3 is the leader of the worldAndyMS3 is the leader of the worldAndyMS3 is the leader of the worldAndyMS3 is the leader of the worldAndyMS3 is the leader of the worldAndyMS3 is the leader of the worldAndyMS3 is the leader of the worldAndyMS3 is the leader of the worldAndyMS3 is the leader of the worldAndyMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,513 Times in 220 Posts
Groans: 30
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

anyone throw a p0101 cel code after installing sb? mass air 'a' circuit was the actual code. any help will be appreciated
Did you install the bypass plug and take it for a drive with just the PNP harness?
If not I would recommend doing that before hooking up the SB. If you clear the MIL and it reappears, you probably bent a connector pin.
AndyMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-26-2009, 01:38 PM   #370

bykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

ya man my first install of the pnp there was something lodged in the connector pins and it prevented the harness from fully engaging the pins. my car ran like shit and threw cel's. Check your pnp
The Following User Says Thank You to bykeryder4life For This Useful Post:
yang_jackson (06-26-2009)
 Old 06-26-2009, 02:28 PM   #371

Not Ranked  0 score     

my pnp has been in for 2 weeks w/no probs til now.... so im pretty sure thats not my prob. i just cleared the code w/my dashdaq.... if it comes back on, ill un/reinstall the pnp and clean my maf..... hopefully it wont come back on.
 Old 06-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #372

Not Ranked  0 score     

so i have been getting audible partial throttle knock up to 6 degrees since i got the sb and upped the boost to 17. i let jordan know and he tweaked my maps in a major way. instead of setting the boost at 17 psi all the way across, he set up my variable boost table to gradually work its way up to 17 at the top of my power band. just went for a drive on my lunch break and NO PT KNOCK!!! i was getting it almost every time i would downshift from 6th and punch the throttle (to pass). i did that several times and no knock w/new map. i also ran wot through the 1st 4 gears and no knock.... so far so good. ill let you guys know how it goes long term...
 Old 06-29-2009, 02:28 PM   #373
Banned

phillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

very cool
 Old 06-29-2009, 03:15 PM   #374

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by phaillyb View Post
very cool
werd... if you are interested, i can post a screen shot of my variable boost table when i get home from work..... lemme know. im set at 17psi max boost....
 Old 06-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #375
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah, show me, or send through pm or whatever
 Old 06-29-2009, 11:36 PM   #376

Not Ranked  0 score     

thats how i set my boost table up, only I did it so i wont spike or boost high at low rpm's. I start with only like 16psi down low and work up to 19psi by the topend, so when I get on it down low the motor wont load up with alot of boost, but it will easily hold 18psi up top. boost table ftw
 Old 06-30-2009, 01:10 AM   #377

Not Ranked  0 score     

jordan started mine pretty low... i can def feel the decrease in power down low, so im gonna tweak it and find a happy medium. drove an ass ton of miles tonight, plenty of wot pulls up to 120mph. only knocked once and i think it was due to funky shifting.... usually, i knock a whole lot more. anyway, here it is. and i cant wait til i get this thing dialed in perfect...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boost_table.JPG (271.7 KB, 91 views)
 Old 07-08-2009, 02:06 AM   #378

steven88 is the leader of the worldsteven88 is the leader of the worldsteven88 is the leader of the worldsteven88 is the leader of the worldsteven88 is the leader of the worldsteven88 is the leader of the worldsteven88 is the leader of the worldsteven88 is the leader of the worldsteven88 is the leader of the worldsteven88 is the leader of the worldsteven88 is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

hey guys i'm gonna be subbin in this thread...gonna pick up a SBv2 and PNP very shortly and want to learn as much as I can about it!

quick question though...do I need a dash hawk to datalog? I read that the SB can datalog but I am wondering why people use their dash hawks still?
steven88 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-08-2009, 07:18 AM   #379

Phantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud of
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have setup my map to zero and changed the boost to 16 psi. I have been getting some bucking at WOT at times. I did a quick DH data log and noticed I get fuel pressure spikes to 2100 psi. I am not sure what is going on but when I use my Aeroforce gauge the AFR shows quite rich (10.5 - 9.8) but the DH shows different from (12.5 - 11.0). Just odd. Hope I don't have to replace my WB again.

Maybe the boost is rising too quickly? Higher KD=slower climb right?
Maybe not enough fuel?

Any ideas? I can post a log tonight.

Last edited by Phantom; 07-08-2009 at 07:35 AM.
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-08-2009, 09:10 AM   #380
ALL-IN.

AndyMS3 is the leader of the worldAndyMS3 is the leader of the worldAndyMS3 is the leader of the worldAndyMS3 is the leader of the worldAndyMS3 is the leader of the worldAndyMS3 is the leader of the worldAndyMS3 is the leader of the worldAndyMS3 is the leader of the worldAndyMS3 is the leader of the worldAndyMS3 is the leader of the worldAndyMS3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by steven88 View Post
hey guys i'm gonna be subbin in this thread...gonna pick up a SBv2 and PNP very shortly and want to learn as much as I can about it!

quick question though...do I need a dash hawk to datalog? I read that the SB can datalog but I am wondering why people use their dash hawks still?
You can datalog with the SB, but you can't log knock or the stock wideband, two very important parameters.

Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
I have setup my map to zero and changed the boost to 16 psi. I have been getting some bucking at WOT at times. I did a quick DH data log and noticed I get fuel pressure spikes to 2100 psi. I am not sure what is going on but when I use my Aeroforce gauge the AFR shows quite rich (10.5 - 9.8) but the DH shows different from (12.5 - 11.0). Just odd. Hope I don't have to replace my WB again.

Maybe the boost is rising too quickly? Higher KD=slower climb right?
Maybe not enough fuel?

Any ideas? I can post a log tonight.
2100psi? Seems high to me. Perhaps you are dumping too much.
Moar log pls.
 Old 07-08-2009, 12:49 PM   #381

Phantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Found the problem. I must have reset the config page and adjusted the KD value. I checked my map today and found my KD set to 10. I think that was a little bit too fast for boost climb. I adjusted to 250 from the CPE CAI TBE map and did a few tests and is working fine now.
CPE CAI|TRZ Motor Mount (Poly)|Hoen Xenonmatch Fogs/Highs |Hotchkis Rear Sway Bar|Prosport Boost Gauge|Buddy Club Condenser|18x8 OZ Ultraleggera Matte Black|Gorilla Black Lugs|G2 Red Calipers|Autoexe Stainless Steel Brake Lines|Chromium Signals|Hella Supertone|sk07 Accel Pedal|CPE DP|Cobb Shift Weight|Evo Turbo Timer|Dual AeroForce|TurboSmart BOV|Denso ITV22 Plugs|CPE HPFP|H&R Springs|Koni Yellows (Struts/Shocks)|Autoexe Street Pads|Rotora Slotted Rotors|SPC Camber Kit|CPE PNP|CPE Standback|CPE Pro Fuel Controller|Labonte Stage 1 Water/Meth Injection Kit|Tribute Oil Filter Converstion
 Old 07-10-2009, 09:28 AM   #382
Cue

Cue is the leader of the worldCue is the leader of the worldCue is the leader of the worldCue is the leader of the worldCue is the leader of the worldCue is the leader of the worldCue is the leader of the worldCue is the leader of the worldCue is the leader of the worldCue is the leader of the worldCue is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

took about 30 minutes to install last night. initial impression is MY CAR PULLS HARD!!! i upped the boost to 17psi and the turbo limiter was automatically turned off. these 2 things alone made a HUGE difference. randy (palerider) helped me set up the base map. and kyle (inspector gadget) helped me w/install. a big thanks to the both of you! also sent jordan at cp-e an email. im waiting for his response before really trying to tune the car. on sunday, i am going to ryan's (cali_axela) house to play with it a little more.... see if i can get my LTFTs to settle down a bit. im telling you.... WORLDS OF DIFFERENCE!!! i cant wait to get this thing dialed in!

anyone got any general tips for a standback noob? hopefully i will be able to post something useful in the not too distant future.
I succesfully had my CX-7 tuned at 19psi (4800 and under). CX-7 has a smaller inlet and outlet as well. 17 to 19 is another world of difference.
 Old 07-10-2009, 08:46 PM   #383

steven88 is the leader of the worldsteven88 is the leader of the worldsteven88 is the leader of the worldsteven88 is the leader of the worldsteven88 is the leader of the worldsteven88 is the leader of the worldsteven88 is the leader of the worldsteven88 is the leader of the worldsteven88 is the leader of the worldsteven88 is the leader of the worldsteven88 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think this has been answered before...but I'm gonna ask again just to be sure

Can I still play with my standback without having to install the toggle switch?

I don't plan to switch between maps anyway...
 Old 07-10-2009, 08:54 PM   #384
awd>fwd

jwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the world
Groans: 27
Groaned at 53 Times in 33 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

yea you can without it but since it's there you my as well use it.i actually installed mine under the hood on my battery tray so i have my safe map i run daily and when i go to the track i just pop the hood and switch it to my agressive map. i did it basically so i wouldn't get in trouble racing since i can't switch it on the fly.

MS3 310whp/320tq- SOLD finally(5/5/10)
evo 8-tuned to E85
jwdp54 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-10-2009, 08:57 PM   #385

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jwdp54 View Post
yea you can without it but since it's there you my as well use it.i actually installed mine under the hood on my battery tray so i have my safe map i run daily and when i go to the track i just pop the hood and switch it to my agressive map.
cool...I just want to run 1 map...so without the toggle switch installed, it will default to the PRIMARY map right?

I can always just zero out the SB if I'm having problems
 Old 07-10-2009, 09:26 PM   #386
awd>fwd

jwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the world
Groans: 27
Groaned at 53 Times in 33 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

yea without it your on your primary only. i actually zero out my maps every couple of weeks and redo them for the weather changes. for boost though use the table so you don't get spike and load at low rpms. heres my table. it's post 13

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...tml#post166551

MS3 310whp/320tq- SOLD finally(5/5/10)
evo 8-tuned to E85
jwdp54 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-12-2009, 12:04 AM   #387

Not Ranked  0 score     

hey guys I am having this one problem...

Under CONFIG, Boost Tab, wtf is Map Filt Len and WG Filt Len?

I understand all of the parameters here are suppose to be zero...unless I want to mess around with advanced boost settings...but every single time I try to Zero Map Filt Len and WG Filt Len, it gives me this error and keeps putting it to numerical value "01"...everytime I put it to "0" or "00" and sending it to the standback...it gives me this error

are you guys getting the same?

Also what are your fuel cut settings and advanced boost settings at? Mine is all zero except for the Map Filt len and WG Filt Len...I cannot put these values to 0, it keeps giving me that error...and when I try to save it to the standback as 0, and when I load the info later on, it keeps returning as 01 value

Last edited by steven88; 07-12-2009 at 02:03 AM.
 Old 07-12-2009, 06:22 AM   #388

Not Ranked  0 score     

Anything I have read from Jordan was that the Map Filt Len and WG Filt Len should be left alone.

Boost settings are:
KP:30
KD:250
KI: .09
Boost Clip PSI: 08
MAP Filt Len: 05
WG Filt Len: 09

The fuel cut settings I am using are:
TPS Restore: 1
RPM Retore: 1100
MAF Volts: 1.20
MAF Volt Clip: 4.99
Min MAP FC Enable: -04

I am using the Turbo Smart BOV in hybrid mode. I was always using full recirc before the SB as in hybrid it would back fire a lot. Now I get a little pop/gargle from the exhaust but nothing like the bangs/booms I was getting before. I am still recircing some air back so that might be part of small noise now. I was just to lazy to swap to full VTA.
CPE CAI|TRZ Motor Mount (Poly)|Hoen Xenonmatch Fogs/Highs |Hotchkis Rear Sway Bar|Prosport Boost Gauge|Buddy Club Condenser|18x8 OZ Ultraleggera Matte Black|Gorilla Black Lugs|G2 Red Calipers|Autoexe Stainless Steel Brake Lines|Chromium Signals|Hella Supertone|sk07 Accel Pedal|CPE DP|Cobb Shift Weight|Evo Turbo Timer|Dual AeroForce|TurboSmart BOV|Denso ITV22 Plugs|CPE HPFP|H&R Springs|Koni Yellows (Struts/Shocks)|Autoexe Street Pads|Rotora Slotted Rotors|SPC Camber Kit|CPE PNP|CPE Standback|CPE Pro Fuel Controller|Labonte Stage 1 Water/Meth Injection Kit|Tribute Oil Filter Converstion
 Old 07-16-2009, 01:43 PM   #389
Cue

Cue is the leader of the worldCue is the leader of the worldCue is the leader of the worldCue is the leader of the worldCue is the leader of the worldCue is the leader of the worldCue is the leader of the worldCue is the leader of the worldCue is the leader of the worldCue is the leader of the worldCue is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by steven88 View Post
cool...I just want to run 1 map...so without the toggle switch installed, it will default to the PRIMARY map right?

I can always just zero out the SB if I'm having problems
I recommend you run the switch with 2 maps (race and conservative). If you get yourself in major heat soak conditions (summer time), you will knock mad with a race tune (depending how aggressive you get). Even with a FMIC, if your combustion chamber is up in temps, it'll be tough and long to cool down....
 Old 09-11-2009, 12:33 PM   #390
Daily Driver

Nitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,427 Times in 757 Posts
Groans: 52
Groaned at 82 Times in 51 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I was tuning my car last night and got it running great adjusting the MAF and getting no knock except around 3k when i start the pull(I think i need progressive boost table to fix this) i was getting a weird drop in RPM and timing shoots to -3 then restores to normal power band. now when i go into WOT the car dont go it chokes and crams and bucks like its not igniting, not sparking correctly. I had this happen to me before when trying to tune and I had to replace spark plugs and shit.

I bypassed the SB and i still he this kicking in boost, before bypassing sb i only got low boost on boost gauge. now its showing 15 but still does that bucking and kicking not as severely with sb connected. wth is going on here. i dont think i blew the engine or anything runs perfect till you try to go into boost. no extra vibrations or motor struggles.

it registers NO KNOCK when doing this, ITS WEIRD ! I pull my DH logs and I cant show any abnormalities on the DH logs to show the issue.

I reset ECU 2 times and have SB bypassed, I am still having the issue, seems to be getting better but It should not be an issue at all.

I am running cpe fmic, cobb inlet, cpe cai, cpe catted dp, borla catback, cpe PNP + sb set to 17 psi, Grounding and big 3 kit. NGK iridium 1 step colder plugs gapped .030, turboxs Hybrid BOV, MSD DH, prosport Boost Gauge, PG FP Internals(released May 09), Medeival tranny mount, SU rear Engine Mount

I have pretty much isolated it down to it being the same issue i was having here Major Engine Cut with Stanback PnP

Freaking plug is fried again. why is the car nuking plugs ! Dashhawk has trouble code of cyl 4 misfiring. I pull the plug out, the arm is glazed over white

Last edited by Nitr0EngiE; 09-11-2009 at 03:43 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Nitr0EngiE is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-12-2009, 01:33 PM   #391
ALL-IN.

Not Ranked  0 score     

Have you logged your fuel pump pressures? I know my car started doing this last week while I was making a more aggresive tune and noticed my FP was starting to dip so it's time to upgrade.
 Old 01-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #392

wette460 is the leader of the worldwette460 is the leader of the worldwette460 is the leader of the worldwette460 is the leader of the worldwette460 is the leader of the worldwette460 is the leader of the worldwette460 is the leader of the worldwette460 is the leader of the worldwette460 is the leader of the worldwette460 is the leader of the worldwette460 is the leader of the world
Groans: 41
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey everyone, I just got my MS3 and I'm trying to run a data log and I'm having connection problems with the StandBack. When I plug the cable into the computer and the SB I get a window saying that the driver is unidentified and has a problem. It says the software for the driver is installed but when I load the software it says "Standback ECU not detected". I have the V2.11A disc and I even downloaded Jordan's updated version but it still says the same thing. Any suggestions? I'm a complete noob if you can't tell already...
wette460 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-03-2010, 01:52 PM   #393
Approved MSF Vendor

www.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,675 Times in 997 Posts
Groaned at 115 Times in 51 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wette460. Download this file: Standback Drivers 2.04.16.zip
www.cp-e.com is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to www.cp-e.com For This Useful Post:
wette460 (01-05-2010)
 Old 01-18-2010, 06:39 AM   #394

sleeper329 is the leader of the worldsleeper329 is the leader of the worldsleeper329 is the leader of the worldsleeper329 is the leader of the worldsleeper329 is the leader of the worldsleeper329 is the leader of the worldsleeper329 is the leader of the worldsleeper329 is the leader of the worldsleeper329 is the leader of the worldsleeper329 is the leader of the worldsleeper329 is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

EDIT: link found... forget i asked.

Last edited by sleeper329; 01-18-2010 at 09:16 AM.
sleeper329 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-19-2010, 12:10 PM   #395

kcmousa is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Info

A lot of very good information from Jordan. I am a newbie at tuning and this post has helped me way so much on where to begin.
 Old 02-13-2010, 12:37 AM   #396

nesiospeed will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

VERY GOOD EXPLANATION...THANKS

HI GUYS IM FROM CANCUN , I NEED SOME HELP TO TUNE MY CAR , IM JUST GET MY STANDBACK FEW DAYS AGO , BUT I DONT HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH ELECTRONIC TUNING, I PRECIATE YOUR HELP , O IF SOMEBODY COMES TO CANCUN IN THE NEXT MONTHS , JUST LET ME KNOW I WILL TAKE CARE YOU...

Last edited by nesiospeed; 02-13-2010 at 12:37 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
nesiospeed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nesiospeed For This Useful Post:
SpeedSixxx (02-13-2010)
 Old 02-13-2010, 05:28 AM   #397

sleeper329 is the leader of the worldsleeper329 is the leader of the worldsleeper329 is the leader of the worldsleeper329 is the leader of the worldsleeper329 is the leader of the worldsleeper329 is the leader of the worldsleeper329 is the leader of the worldsleeper329 is the leader of the worldsleeper329 is the leader of the worldsleeper329 is the leader of the worldsleeper329 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you have a dash hawk, get in touch with CPE. They have been talking about doing Etunes. They just need the logs from the DH to know what changes they need to make in the tune.
 Old 02-13-2010, 04:50 PM   #398

nesiospeed will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

thanks sleeper329 !! i need to wait until they changed my pnp harness becouse is faulty,
i did a full control flash with cp-e , but i monitoring the tps with my dashhawk and i see only 87% tps , do you know if i am checking wrong my tps???
nesiospeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-13-2010, 08:23 PM   #399

FearUndersteer is the leader of the worldFearUndersteer is the leader of the worldFearUndersteer is the leader of the worldFearUndersteer is the leader of the worldFearUndersteer is the leader of the worldFearUndersteer is the leader of the worldFearUndersteer is the leader of the worldFearUndersteer is the leader of the worldFearUndersteer is the leader of the worldFearUndersteer is the leader of the worldFearUndersteer is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by nesiospeed View Post
thanks sleeper329 !! i need to wait until they changed my pnp harness becouse is faulty,
i did a full control flash with cp-e , but i monitoring the tps with my dashhawk and i see only 87% tps , do you know if i am checking wrong my tps???
I am considering getting this flash soon, what are your impressions?
FearUndersteer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-14-2010, 05:39 AM   #400

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by nesiospeed View Post
Honestly i only got my DH a week or two ago so i'm not really sure. If you start a thread real quick and ask i'm sure youd get an answer. Not many ppl polk there heads in here. they're all AP guys.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f9/standback-tuning-dummies-guide-official-q-14296/
Posted By For Type Date
[Mazda 3 MPS] ECU tunning ? glod wiedzy This thread Refback 08-02-2013 02:24 PM
[Mazda 3 MPS] ECU tunning - glod wiedzy This thread Refback 06-29-2012 03:58 AM
SoCal Standback help This thread Refback 05-16-2011 10:44 PM
standback tuning for dummies - Zuula Search This thread Refback 05-13-2010 11:43 AM
mazdaspeed standback maps - Zuula Search This thread Refback 05-05-2010 07:32 PM
mazdaspeed roush vent install - Zuula Search This thread Refback 03-22-2010 08:19 PM
Day of 1/3/2010: Top 50 of 183 Referring Pages This thread Refback 01-04-2010 09:00 AM
Day of 12/17/2009: Top 50 of 199 Referring Pages This thread Refback 12-18-2009 07:36 AM
Day of 12/2/2009: Top 50 of 217 Referring Pages This thread Refback 12-03-2009 07:20 AM
Day of 10/6/2009: Top 50 of 204 Referring Pages This thread Refback 10-07-2009 07:38 AM
Day of 10/1/2009: Top 50 of 200 Referring Pages This thread Refback 10-02-2009 07:52 AM
Day of 9/13/2009: Top 50 of 181 Referring Pages This thread Refback 09-14-2009 07:57 AM
Day of 7/29/2009: Top 50 of 195 Referring Pages This thread Refback 07-30-2009 07:07 AM
Day of 6/18/2009: Top 50 of 222 Referring Pages This thread Refback 06-19-2009 06:53 AM
Day of 6/16/2009: Top 50 of 223 Referring Pages This thread Refback 06-17-2009 07:20 AM
Day of 6/15/2009: Top 50 of 195 Referring Pages This thread Refback 06-16-2009 06:55 AM
Day of 6/10/2009: Top 50 of 188 Referring Pages This thread Refback 06-11-2009 06:40 AM
Day of 6/4/2009: Top 50 of 193 Referring Pages This thread Refback 06-05-2009 06:49 AM
Day of 5/31/2009: Top 50 of 182 Referring Pages This thread Refback 06-01-2009 07:32 AM
Day of 5/25/2009: Top 50 of 203 Referring Pages This thread Refback 05-26-2009 07:24 AM
Day of 5/21/2009: Top 50 of 213 Referring Pages This thread Refback 05-22-2009 07:29 AM
Day of 4/26/2009: Top 50 of 152 Referring Pages This thread Refback 04-27-2009 06:41 AM
Day of 3/18/2009: Top 50 of 207 Referring Pages This thread Refback 03-19-2009 03:16 PM
Day of 2/26/2009: Top 50 of 199 Referring Pages This thread Refback 02-27-2009 08:10 AM
Day of 2/22/2009: Top 50 of 176 Referring Pages This thread Refback 02-23-2009 07:04 AM
Day of 2/19/2009: Top 50 of 197 Referring Pages This thread Refback 02-20-2009 07:43 AM
Day of 1/28/2009: Top 50 of 276 Referring Pages This thread Refback 01-29-2009 06:41 AM
Day of 12/1/2008: Top 50 of 270 Referring Pages This thread Refback 12-02-2008 07:53 AM
Day of 11/30/2008: Top 50 of 252 Referring Pages This thread Refback 12-01-2008 08:19 AM
So the standback is in. - Carolina Mazdas This thread Refback 11-25-2008 07:56 AM
Day of 11/10/2008: Top 50 of 245 Referring Pages This thread Refback 11-11-2008 07:52 AM
Day of 11/3/2008: Top 50 of 245 Referring Pages This thread Refback 11-04-2008 09:34 AM