register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning Have an ECU tuning issue? Do you want to discuss Mazdaspeed 3/6 tuning solutions? Up to date info on the latest! Piasini Reflash, Cobb Access Port, Xede, Procede, Standback, Superchips & others supported here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree3Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-14-2011, 10:20 PM   #761

Joellc2434 is a splendid one to beholdJoellc2434 is a splendid one to beholdJoellc2434 is a splendid one to beholdJoellc2434 is a splendid one to beholdJoellc2434 is a splendid one to beholdJoellc2434 is a splendid one to beholdJoellc2434 is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ya caruch, you are right I didn't know that was how it worked. What do you think that I should have it set at without the flashes 4-5 like you did or does it even matter. Any ways I made a couple of runs. At 16 psi I hit the wall. But at 13 PSI these were my logs. One in 4th gear and the other in 3rd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3rd gear pull.jpg (400.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 4th gear pull.jpg (422.5 KB, 8 views)
2007 Mazdaspeed 3 GT: Cobb AP running stage 2+ 91 oct. w/ 3.5 gallons E85, cp-e Xcel CAI, cp-e FMIC, cp-e injector seals, Dashhawk 2 w/ cp-e mount, cp-e side engine mounts, Magnaflow CBE, M2 (ebay) Downpipe, TRZ Dogbone RMM, Denso ITV 22's, SURE Sidewinder TIP, SURE Return, SURE Intake Plenum and Throttle Body TIGs, SURE Shortcut and Countershift, SURE Anchors, KMD HPFP Internals, PNP'd Intake manifold and Throttle Body by Grimmspeed
Working on my Tune

In garage: New exhaust Mani
Joellc2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-14-2011, 10:28 PM   #762

Joellc2434 is a splendid one to beholdJoellc2434 is a splendid one to beholdJoellc2434 is a splendid one to beholdJoellc2434 is a splendid one to beholdJoellc2434 is a splendid one to beholdJoellc2434 is a splendid one to beholdJoellc2434 is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

Also Richie I would PM you but I have to get to 15 posts first. I will as soon as I get there. WOuld love some base maps. Thanks again for the offer
2007 Mazdaspeed 3 GT: Cobb AP running stage 2+ 91 oct. w/ 3.5 gallons E85, cp-e Xcel CAI, cp-e FMIC, cp-e injector seals, Dashhawk 2 w/ cp-e mount, cp-e side engine mounts, Magnaflow CBE, M2 (ebay) Downpipe, TRZ Dogbone RMM, Denso ITV 22's, SURE Sidewinder TIP, SURE Return, SURE Intake Plenum and Throttle Body TIGs, SURE Shortcut and Countershift, SURE Anchors, KMD HPFP Internals, PNP'd Intake manifold and Throttle Body by Grimmspeed
Working on my Tune

Old 04-14-2011, 10:39 PM   #763

MattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 15 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Honestly anything lower than 10 psi is probably fine. Higher and you could hit boost cut. 13psi is probably the upper limit of it working ok, though there is no downside to having it set lower. That way the ECU won't cut boost as it always thinks its so low.
GTX3071 - SURE 3.25" Full3 Aeros - CP-E FMIC - CP-E Catted Downpipe - CNT Catback Exhaust - HKS SSQV BPV - James Barone 88 Trilogy - KMD CDFP Internals - CP-E Injector Seals - Cobb EBCS - ITV22 at .025 - 3 Bar MAP

Bitwise Motorsports http://www.bitwise-motorsports.com -
Mazdaspeed 3 BAR MAP Harness, Torque Plugins for Android, and 3-Port EBCS (coming soon!)
MattJackson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MattJackson86 For This Useful Post:
Joellc2434 (04-14-2011), the_caruch (04-15-2011)
 Old 04-14-2011, 10:51 PM   #764

Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll be trying that tomorrow. THanks
Working on my Tune

Old 04-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #765

the_caruch is the leader of the worldthe_caruch is the leader of the worldthe_caruch is the leader of the worldthe_caruch is the leader of the worldthe_caruch is the leader of the worldthe_caruch is the leader of the worldthe_caruch is the leader of the worldthe_caruch is the leader of the worldthe_caruch is the leader of the worldthe_caruch is the leader of the worldthe_caruch is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

setting it to 4 or 5 should give you full boost in all gears (not that you'll have traction in first and 2nd). i just wanted to be sure the ecu wasn't limiting boost in any way.

as far as your logs. it looks like it takes forever for the afr's to go down. i was going by your spark advance as to when you hit the throttle. but, with no knock it seems ok.

it would be better to see a standback log of your runs.

here is my lame KR that comes on at almost the same point in every run. I have lowered boost and it lessened the knock a little. 3.5 degrees down to 2.8. I'll play around with a few things to see if i can at least get it to 0. Not sure if it needs more fuel to help cooling. usually my boost is stable, this particular run it oscillated just a bit. FMIC for the win. Temps have never went up during a WOT run. On this run the ambient temp was about 42-45 degrees
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wtf_knock.JPG (322.7 KB, 17 views)
 Old 04-15-2011, 08:44 AM   #766

MattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I always got knock at that range. Started at 4900ish and then another peak at 5300ish. I never got that 100% under control. Pulled all kinds of timing, played with AFR, and 1 in 3 runs would have it.
GTX3071 - SURE 3.25" Full3 Aeros - CP-E FMIC - CP-E Catted Downpipe - CNT Catback Exhaust - HKS SSQV BPV - James Barone 88 Trilogy - KMD CDFP Internals - CP-E Injector Seals - Cobb EBCS - ITV22 at .025 - 3 Bar MAP

Mazdaspeed 3 BAR MAP Harness, Torque Plugins for Android, and 3-Port EBCS (coming soon!)
 Old 04-15-2011, 09:13 AM   #767

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by the_caruch View Post
as far as your logs. it looks like it takes forever for the afr's to go down. i was going by your spark advance as to when you hit the throttle. but, with no knock it seems ok.
I did pull some timing from areas that I was seeing knock before. BUt I haven't really added much timing in the lower rpms. That should lean me out a little bit down where my afrs are high. Is that right?

it would be better to see a standback log of your runs.
WHat should I log with the standback? Spark Timing, RPM, what else?
Working on my Tune

Old 04-15-2011, 09:18 AM   #768

Not Ranked  0 score     

SB should log everything. You don't have to choose what to log. You do choose what you wanted displayed on the graphs, but everything is logged.

Joellc2434 (04-16-2011), the_caruch (04-15-2011)
 Old 04-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #769

the_caruch is the leader of the worldthe_caruch is the leader of the worldthe_caruch is the leader of the worldthe_caruch is the leader of the worldthe_caruch is the leader of the worldthe_caruch is the leader of the worldthe_caruch is the leader of the worldthe_caruch is the leader of the worldthe_caruch is the leader of the worldthe_caruch is the leader of the worldthe_caruch is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Joellc2434 View Post
I did pull some timing from areas that I was seeing knock before. BUt I haven't really added much timing in the lower rpms. That should lean me out a little bit down where my afrs are high. Is that right?

WHat should I log with the standback? Spark Timing, RPM, what else?
Don't use timing to adjust fuel. Just add fuel in the MAF table for those particular rpm's and whatever you are basing the other axis on

You want to be at around 11.5-11.8 generally close to after you go WOT.

I always got knock at that range. Started at 4900ish and then another peak at 5300ish. I never got that 100% under control. Pulled all kinds of timing, played with AFR, and 1 in 3 runs would have it.
Damn. Well i'll report back what i did to eliminate it. I'm going to try a series of things to see what affects it. Not sure if it's the injector seals

Take away my raised fuel pressure -> test
Take away more boost -> test
Add more fuel -> test
Reduce timing -> test
 Old 04-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #770

Not Ranked  0 score     

Don't use timing to adjust fuel. Just add fuel in the MAF table for those particular rpm's and whatever you are basing the other axis on

You want to be at around 11.5-11.8 generally close to after you go WOT.
Im not trying to use timing to adjust fuel. I am just asking if I am right that adding timing will lean out afr a little. WHile pulling (removing) timing will make you run richer.

THis is just something that I have read from being on the forums. Haven't had the experience of testing it much.
Working on my Tune

Old 04-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #771

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by charlesfist View Post
What do your LTFT's look like.
When you first asked this I basically answered from memory but now I have been looking into it more. I was told that my LTFTs should be under 8. When at cruise speed my LTFTs are at 3.9 but if I step into the throttle it goes to 12.5. Is this something that needs to be adjusted. I have been trying to read up on LTFT and STFT but does anyone have a simple explanation and/or some advice.
Working on my Tune

Old 04-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #772

Not Ranked  0 score     

LTFT is the only one you need to watch. It should be under +/- 8% while in closed loop (not WOT). Closer to 0 the better as this will change with temperature etc, so having it a -8% could go -12% with changes.

In open loop it should be 0%. If it is not, then reset the ECU (unplug battery for 5 mins) and just drive normally for 30 miles or so (no wot). The ECU will relearn the trims. Hopefully then your WOT LTFT will be 0%.

The way to adjust LTFT is via the MAF transfer table. If you have a -5% in a certain maf volts range then in that same maf volts range in the MAF transfer table, start decreasing the numbers (-1, -2, etc) until that range it closer to 0 in your LTFT. Changes to LTFT are not instant, they change over time. The STFT is instant but not a good gauge to what you need to change, so ignore it really.

The Following User Says Thank You to MattJackson86 For This Useful Post:
Joellc2434 (04-16-2011)
 Old 04-16-2011, 05:14 PM   #773

Not Ranked  0 score     

Cool. I think that is what I should do is reset my ECU. I don't know if I ever drove very tame for 30 miles after my standback install. Thanks
Working on my Tune

Old 04-16-2011, 11:41 PM   #774

Not Ranked  0 score     

Np. You may need/want to reset it a few times. Reset, adjust MAF transfer, learn trims, reset, adjust again, etc. You really just want you LTFT perfect before you go any further. If your not in a hurry, give it more than 30 miles. They can definitely take time to adjust, especially in the higher MAF volt range.

Joellc2434 (04-18-2011)
 Old 04-17-2011, 12:50 PM   #775

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MattJackson86 View Post
Np. You may need/want to reset it a few times. Reset, adjust MAF transfer, learn trims, reset, adjust again, etc. You really just want you LTFT perfect before you go any further. If your not in a hurry, give it more than 30 miles. They can definitely take time to adjust, especially in the higher MAF volt range.
SHould I be logging MAF so that I know where to adjust on the transfer table? SHould I have everything else on my standback zeroed out again while the ecu is learning trims?
Working on my Tune

Old 04-17-2011, 12:54 PM   #776

spnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,296 Times in 1,369 Posts
Groans: 105
Groaned at 79 Times in 66 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You shouldn't have to change the maf xfer. I think 12 for ltft isn't bad. You should check for boost/vac leaks, not change maf xfer.
 Old 04-17-2011, 06:51 PM   #777

Not Ranked  0 score     

High LTFT is normal if you have mods and not tuned. With my SB removed my LTFT are around 15% or so. I definitely had to modify the maf transfer to get it all in line.

SHould I be logging MAF so that I know where to adjust on the transfer table? SHould I have everything else on my standback zeroed out again while the ecu is learning trims?
You shouldn't need to log. Just watch the LTFT and take note of when it changes. There are only 4-5 different ranges, so its not like it will change for each different MAF volts. Theranges are around <=1.3v, 1.3v-1.7v, 1.7v-2.1v, 2.1v-2.5v, 2.5v+. They are total estimates but it gives you an idea.

Joellc2434 (04-18-2011)
 Old 04-17-2011, 11:35 PM   #778

Not Ranked  0 score     

High LTFT is normal if you have mods and not tuned. With my SB removed my LTFT are around 15% or so. I definitely had to modify the maf transfer to get it all in line.

You shouldn't need to log. Just watch the LTFT and take note of when it changes. There are only 4-5 different ranges, so its not like it will change for each different MAF volts. Theranges are around <=1.3v, 1.3v-1.7v, 1.7v-2.1v, 2.1v-2.5v, 2.5v+. They are total estimates but it gives you an idea.
SO do I lean out ranges that have high LTFTs. Sorry for the ignorance

Never mind found answer in one of your previous posts
Working on my Tune

Last edited by Joellc2434; 04-18-2011 at 12:13 AM.
 Old 04-18-2011, 08:42 AM   #779

cpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,863 Times in 739 Posts
Groans: 27
Groaned at 28 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

SO do I lean out ranges that have high LTFTs. Sorry for the ignorance

Never mind found answer in one of your previous posts
you need to input positive numbers or add fuel on the maf xfer table if you want to try and correct trims that are too high
the high trim is your ecu's way of saying "there is fuel lacking, so i'm providing more" you need to trick it and make it think there is more voltage then there is from the maf - already more fuel
you can just start the car up with the sb already connected and a read done (with a buddy) - don't try and read with the car on - then you can just input the numbers where you are highlighted as you idle/cruise and watch your trims decrease or increase

just keep in mind when you make a change on the mafxfer that it's for all rpm ranges - so if you add fuel at 1v - it's basically like adding a 1 on the 30x30 table from top to bottom at 1v

also don't forget trims are highly variable depending on weather - so if it's cool now and you do this - when the weather changes all this may need done again..

01 MX-5 (Project)
03 P5 (DD)
cpolly69 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cpolly69 For This Useful Post:
Joellc2434 (04-18-2011)
 Old 04-18-2011, 01:06 PM   #780

charlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

When you first asked this I basically answered from memory but now I have been looking into it more. I was told that my LTFTs should be under 8. When at cruise speed my LTFTs are at 3.9 but if I step into the throttle it goes to 12.5. Is this something that needs to be adjusted. I have been trying to read up on LTFT and STFT but does anyone have a simple explanation and/or some advice.
Looks like everyone has covered everything well, in this response.

I will just say, that since our cars are so MAF based, I like the trims as close to zero as possible.

I do log LTFT's and MAF to see what changes to make at the break points to get it nicely done (This is probably overkill though)
charlesfist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charlesfist For This Useful Post:
Joellc2434 (04-18-2011)
 Old 04-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #781

cpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the worldcpolly69 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks like everyone has covered everything well, in this response.

I will just say, that since our cars are so MAF based, I like the trims as close to zero as possible.

I do log LTFT's and MAF to see what changes to make at the break points to get it nicely done (This is probably overkill though)
No it's not - I found (in my experience anyway) that the more you see increased trims in closed loop - The longer it will take to transition into open loop and the higher your load will climb before you transition - If you aren't using the latest atr or don't have the cpe load cut/big maf flash then this will lead to cuts if you go over 200 or so...

01 MX-5 (Project)
03 P5 (DD)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cpolly69 For This Useful Post:
charlesfist (04-18-2011), Joellc2434 (04-18-2011)
 Old 04-18-2011, 02:56 PM   #782

Not Ranked  0 score     

Well I just said fuck it and ordered up the the fuel cut ad full control flash. BUt now I read the post above about needing the big maf flash. What if I have the original CAI that cp-e released, do I still need that flash?. DO I need to amend my order?
Working on my Tune

Old 04-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #783

Not Ranked  0 score     

Well I just said fuck it and ordered up the the fuel cut ad full control flash. BUt now I read the post above about needing the big maf flash. What if I have the original CAI that cp-e released, do I still need that flash?. DO I need to amend my order?
you can't run the big maf flash unless you have the bigger maf housing - it's all a kit you can get from cpe - the car will not run like this on a normal cpe cai
ideally if you are on stock turbo - you would get both the bigger inlet and the bigger maf in order to have the best trims on the big maf/load cap flash

01 MX-5 (Project)
03 P5 (DD)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cpolly69 For This Useful Post:
Joellc2434 (04-18-2011), the_caruch (04-18-2011)
 Old 04-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #784

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by cpolly69 View Post
you can't run the big maf flash unless you have the bigger maf housing - it's all a kit you can get from cpe - the car will not run like this on a normal cpe cai
ideally if you are on stock turbo - you would get both the bigger inlet and the bigger maf in order to have the best trims on the big maf/load cap flash
Thanks again. I guess that is something that I will worry about later down the road if I ever strive to go for huge power. I guess that I could always send my ECU back again to get that last flash on there. So i guess that I need to get to UPS and send my ECU to Cp-e. Wow thats a lot of 3 letter acronyms for one sentence
Working on my Tune

Old 04-18-2011, 08:34 PM   #785

Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks again. I guess that is something that I will worry about later down the road if I ever strive to go for huge power. I guess that I could always send my ECU back again to get that last flash on there. So i guess that I need to get to UPS and send my ECU to Cp-e. Wow thats a lot of 3 letter acronyms for one sentence
Be sure to get it insured for about $1000 dollars. If UPS loses it, it's not cheap to get a replacement.
 Old 04-18-2011, 10:52 PM   #786

Not Ranked  0 score     

Be sure to get it insured for about $1000 dollars. If UPS loses it, it's not cheap to get a replacement.
Ya. On the way to PostNet I called the local dealership to get a price on an ECU and it was $1180 and change so I insured for $1200. Absolutely wasn't going to be caught with my pants down on that one
Working on my Tune

Old 04-20-2011, 04:35 PM   #787

Not Ranked  0 score     

Matt- THANKS a lot for writing up the new program. Cant wait for the updated one which includes the other OBD parameters, so no more fumbling around with two devices....
Quick status update: I got this working but it has slowed down the logging quite a bit (2-3 samples a second), so I am in the process of getting that back to 6-8 samples a second it was before. Will post when its available on website.

charlesfist (04-21-2011), RichieRichness (04-22-2011)
 Old 04-21-2011, 09:28 AM   #788

charlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the worldcharlesfist is the leader of the world
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Quick status update: I got this working but it has slowed down the logging quite a bit (2-3 samples a second), so I am in the process of getting that back to 6-8 samples a second it was before. Will post when its available on website.
That is great news!!!
I, and am sure everyone else here using the SB is really looking forward to this.
Thanks for your continued work on this...

Guessing we would just need a OBD II to usb cable as far as hardware to run this?
charlesfist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charlesfist For This Useful Post:
MattJackson86 (04-21-2011)
 Old 04-21-2011, 09:33 AM   #789

Not Ranked  0 score     

You will need an elm327 device. I have this one: ELM327 1.5V USB ELM 327 CAN-BUS V1.5a OBD Scanner tool | eBay

But there are tons on ebay that should work. I have only used the USB and serial versions. Not used the bluetooth so no idea how they work exactly.

Ill post when I have it sampling at a fast rate.

charlesfist (04-21-2011)
 Old 04-21-2011, 11:32 AM   #790

pebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've got a bluetooth elm327, so when this MST update is available, I'll try. Its probably just a bluetooth->serial bridge, so I would expect it to work as long as its paired with the laptop.
The Following User Says Thank You to pebenito For This Useful Post:
MattJackson86 (04-21-2011)
 Old 04-22-2011, 09:55 AM   #791

RichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,320 Times in 1,452 Posts
Groans: 35
Groaned at 20 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

What is the purpose of using this device?
CP-e Atmosphere GTX3076r w1.06 Tial | JMF IM | NATOR D.C. FMIC | JBR Wide Path | Autotech Internals | HKS SSQV2 | Ebay DP | Denso ITV24 | CP-e RDM | AutoExe Strut Tower Bar | Whiteline RSB | Sonic Tuning Coils | DSS Driver Side Axle | JMF OCC

BT - 395 awhp 345 awtq @ Moore Automotive 4/12/2014 on 93 octane
Stock Turbo - 331 awhp 397 awtq @ Moore Automotive 11/10/2012 on ~e48
12.263 @ 111.75 mph 1.669 60' 11/17/2012

RichieRichness is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-22-2011, 10:04 AM   #792

Not Ranked  0 score     

Read OBD data from the car via your laptop (i.e Dashhawk).

Old 04-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #793

RichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the worldRichieRichness is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Read OBD data from the car via your laptop (i.e Dashhawk).
Yeah but what is the advantage of using this over the DH or SB software you've created?
CP-e Atmosphere GTX3076r w1.06 Tial | JMF IM | NATOR D.C. FMIC | JBR Wide Path | Autotech Internals | HKS SSQV2 | Ebay DP | Denso ITV24 | CP-e RDM | AutoExe Strut Tower Bar | Whiteline RSB | Sonic Tuning Coils | DSS Driver Side Axle | JMF OCC

Old 04-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #794

Not Ranked  0 score     

The ELM327 just plugs into the car where DH does and then other end plugs into laptop. My SB software will read the AFR, BAT, Kr, etc from the ELM327 at the same time it logs SB data and combine the 2 into 1 log file.

RichieRichness (04-22-2011)
 Old 04-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #795

pebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I also use it to monitor via the Torque app on my phone.
 Old 04-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #796

Not Ranked  0 score     

Guys...thats pimp! </threadjack>

Old 04-29-2011, 12:24 PM   #797

Not Ranked  0 score     

So I got my flashed ECU back and I have a question that I think I already know the answer to. Using my dashhawk and putting the pedal all the way to the floor, the dashwak only shows 77% on the TPS. Is this because this is what the flashed ECU is relaying or am I only getting 77% of open throttle? If I logged with the standback would it show full control over the throttle?
Working on my Tune

Old 04-29-2011, 01:01 PM   #798

spnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,296 Times in 1,369 Posts
Groans: 105
Groaned at 79 Times in 66 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes
 Old 04-29-2011, 07:13 PM   #799

Not Ranked  0 score     

yea, when you look at a SB log the TPS voltage will go to something higher than 4 volts. probably hover around 4.3-4.6v
Joellc2434 (04-29-2011)
 Old 05-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #800

cbusby has a reputation beyond reputecbusby has a reputation beyond reputecbusby has a reputation beyond reputecbusby has a reputation beyond reputecbusby has a reputation beyond reputecbusby has a reputation beyond reputecbusby has a reputation beyond reputecbusby has a reputation beyond reputecbusby has a reputation beyond reputecbusby has a reputation beyond reputecbusby has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 10 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

So I just picked up a used Standback2 and PnP a few days ago, as did a friend of mine and we are gonna give this tuning thing a try together. I realize that everyone is going to the AP, but I liked the price point of the SB and don't plan on going BT anytime soon so I'm hoping this will be okay.

Anyway, I just read every single post here and learned a lot, made a bunch of notes. I gathered from what I read that the first thing I should do is nail down my LTFT's as much as possible. I was pretty surprised when I looked at my Dashhawk and it was reading -14 at idle! A little blip on the throttle brings it to -9. Is it normal to see numbers this negative?

I've made the adjustments to my MafXfer table (0-1.5v: -2, 1.5-2.1v: -1) and will reset the ECU and go for a cruise tomorrow to test. Anybody still monitoring this thread and mind helping me out once I get some logs done?

Also I'm using the modified software by MattJackson and really like it.

Colin
MattJackson86 (05-05-2011)

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f9/standback-tuning-dummies-guide-official-q-14296/
Posted By For Type Date
[Mazda 3 MPS] ECU tunning ? glod wiedzy This thread Refback 08-02-2013 03:24 PM
[Mazda 3 MPS] ECU tunning - glod wiedzy This thread Refback 06-29-2012 04:58 AM
SoCal Standback help This thread Refback 05-16-2011 11:44 PM
standback tuning for dummies - Zuula Search This thread Refback 05-13-2010 12:43 PM
mazdaspeed standback maps - Zuula Search This thread Refback 05-05-2010 08:32 PM
mazdaspeed roush vent install - Zuula Search This thread Refback 03-22-2010 09:19 PM
Day of 1/3/2010: Top 50 of 183 Referring Pages This thread Refback 01-04-2010 10:00 AM
Day of 12/17/2009: Top 50 of 199 Referring Pages This thread Refback 12-18-2009 08:36 AM
Day of 12/2/2009: Top 50 of 217 Referring Pages This thread Refback 12-03-2009 08:20 AM
Day of 10/6/2009: Top 50 of 204 Referring Pages This thread Refback 10-07-2009 08:38 AM
Day of 10/1/2009: Top 50 of 200 Referring Pages This thread Refback 10-02-2009 08:52 AM
Day of 9/13/2009: Top 50 of 181 Referring Pages This thread Refback 09-14-2009 08:57 AM
Day of 7/29/2009: Top 50 of 195 Referring Pages This thread Refback 07-30-2009 08:07 AM
Day of 6/18/2009: Top 50 of 222 Referring Pages This thread Refback 06-19-2009 07:53 AM
Day of 6/16/2009: Top 50 of 223 Referring Pages This thread Refback 06-17-2009 08:20 AM
Day of 6/15/2009: Top 50 of 195 Referring Pages This thread Refback 06-16-2009 07:55 AM
Day of 6/10/2009: Top 50 of 188 Referring Pages This thread Refback 06-11-2009 07:40 AM
Day of 6/4/2009: Top 50 of 193 Referring Pages This thread Refback 06-05-2009 07:49 AM
Day of 5/31/2009: Top 50 of 182 Referring Pages This thread Refback 06-01-2009 08:32 AM
Day of 5/25/2009: Top 50 of 203 Referring Pages This thread Refback 05-26-2009 08:24 AM
Day of 5/21/2009: Top 50 of 213 Referring Pages This thread Refback 05-22-2009 08:29 AM
Day of 4/26/2009: Top 50 of 152 Referring Pages This thread Refback 04-27-2009 07:41 AM
Day of 3/18/2009: Top 50 of 207 Referring Pages This thread Refback 03-19-2009 04:16 PM
Day of 2/26/2009: Top 50 of 199 Referring Pages This thread Refback 02-27-2009 09:10 AM
Day of 2/22/2009: Top 50 of 176 Referring Pages This thread Refback 02-23-2009 08:04 AM
Day of 2/19/2009: Top 50 of 197 Referring Pages This thread Refback 02-20-2009 08:43 AM
Day of 1/28/2009: Top 50 of 276 Referring Pages This thread Refback 01-29-2009 07:41 AM
Day of 12/1/2008: Top 50 of 270 Referring Pages This thread Refback 12-02-2008 08:53 AM
Day of 11/30/2008: Top 50 of 252 Referring Pages This thread Refback 12-01-2008 09:19 AM
So the standback is in. - Carolina Mazdas This thread Refback 11-25-2008 08:56 AM
Day of 11/10/2008: Top 50 of 245 Referring Pages This thread Refback 11-11-2008 08:52 AM
Day of 11/3/2008: Top 50 of 245 Referring Pages This thread Refback 11-04-2008 10:34 AM