register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning Have an ECU tuning issue? Do you want to discuss Mazdaspeed 3/6 tuning solutions? Up to date info on the latest! Piasini Reflash, Cobb Access Port, Xede, Procede, Standback, Superchips & others supported here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree3Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-19-2008, 06:53 AM   #201

AutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jhershorin View Post
But the lower the Kd that faster the turbo spools the more it will over shoot. God i miss my externally gated 35r.
Really? Did I miss that one... I thought the higher you went, the faster the spool...??

Its been a while since I played with these...these settings are the hardest for me to remember how they react since its not something I play with frequently...

Maybe then I'll leave mine as is...
 Old 12-20-2008, 11:51 AM   #202
awd>fwd

jwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the world
Groans: 27
Groaned at 53 Times in 33 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i know this has been answered but i just got my denso one step colder plugs. what do i gap them at? i'm going to go log some data real fast while the weather on my side.
jwdp54 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-20-2008, 05:55 PM   #203
awd>fwd

jwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the worldjwdp54 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

i must be a dumbass or the person that sold me the dashhawk had broken it. for some reason i can't get the dashhawk to hook up to the computer. it always says disconnected. he sent me an older version(2.0) so i had to download the one off of the website(2.5). does that one not work? plus i must have an older version on the dashhawk it's self because i can not find kn rt and i can't seem to get the datalogger to work....
 Old 12-21-2008, 07:25 PM   #204

AutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond reputeAutoXRacer has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jwdp54 View Post
i know this has been answered but i just got my denso one step colder plugs. what do i gap them at? i'm going to go log some data real fast while the weather on my side.
The Denso come already pre-gapped!! Just install them and have fun...
 Old 12-21-2008, 10:36 PM   #205
awd>fwd

Not Ranked  0 score     

good cuz that's what i did lol got the dashhawk working and hopefully taking it to the dyno to get tuned tomorrow.
 Old 12-22-2008, 11:03 AM   #206

timv has much to be proud oftimv has much to be proud oftimv has much to be proud oftimv has much to be proud oftimv has much to be proud oftimv has much to be proud oftimv has much to be proud oftimv has much to be proud oftimv has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just noticed even with the new v2.52 version, the MAF transfer still doesn't hold values for the 2nd column....

Originally Posted by www.cp-e.com View Post
LOL!! One day we'll get that straightened out. I'll mention it to him again.

Good call! I will mention this as well.

Thanks for the comments guys
timv is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-22-2008, 03:37 PM   #207

timv has much to be proud oftimv has much to be proud oftimv has much to be proud oftimv has much to be proud oftimv has much to be proud oftimv has much to be proud oftimv has much to be proud oftimv has much to be proud oftimv has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

I noticed the AFR transfer issue when working offline in the software. If I hooked up my laptop to the standback and read all data, the values were still in the stand back so maybe it was something weird with my tune file......
timv is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-23-2008, 04:51 AM   #208

racersir is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here are 2 logs on 4th gear with the map Jordan gave me any suggestions? Max Knock was 1.1 on first run and 1.4 on the 2nd run

2nd run

racersir is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-23-2008, 09:49 AM   #209
Approved MSF Vendor

www.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,675 Times in 997 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 115 Times in 51 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by racersir View Post
Here are 2 logs on 4th gear with the map Jordan gave me any suggestions? Max Knock was 1.1 on first run and 1.4 on the 2nd run
Hey, not too bad!

What I'm going to do is tweak your timing a little in the 4500-6000rpm range to quell some of that knock. The knock isn't bad but it is consistent, so I'm just going to yank a modest amount of timing in that region, and then restore the timing as you pass 6000rpm and boost pressure starts tapering off.

I didn't pull enough fuel in the top-end, so I pulled a little more. Give this map a shot and see if your AFR above 5500rpm looks more reasonable.

How did the car feel? How did the boost settings work for you?

Last edited by www.cp-e.com; 06-24-2010 at 08:03 AM.
www.cp-e.com is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-23-2008, 10:44 AM   #210
Banned

phillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the world
Thanked 18,751 Times in 5,169 Posts
Groans: 1,940
Groaned at 886 Times in 632 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i should post some fucking logs.
my car is backfiring a ton and i need help
phillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-23-2008, 12:12 PM   #211

gsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,678 Times in 712 Posts
Groans: 102
Groaned at 232 Times in 155 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't why some peoploe get knock and some don't. I did some runs with mario "elbartoex" on here last weekend and he was getting 5 knock above 5000 rpm.. on low boost with no tune.
 Old 12-23-2008, 06:39 PM   #212
Banned

phillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

third gear...nvm
i have to load the "tune" that my awesome car is running. don't help me yet. just look at my shitty log

Last edited by phillyb; 12-24-2008 at 12:19 AM.
 Old 12-23-2008, 07:16 PM   #213

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by www.cp-e.com View Post
Hey, not too bad!

What I'm going to do is tweak your timing a little in the 4500-6000rpm range to quell some of that knock. The knock isn't bad but it is consistent, so I'm just going to yank a modest amount of timing in that region, and then restore the timing as you pass 6000rpm and boost pressure starts tapering off.

I didn't pull enough fuel in the top-end, so I pulled a little more. Give this map a shot and see if your AFR above 5500rpm looks more reasonable.

How did the car feel? How did the boost settings work for you?

I will try that map, car feels great pulls hard. The boost setting are working great. Thanks a lot Jordan for your help I will post some logs as soon as I have them Thanks again
 Old 12-23-2008, 08:14 PM   #214

Speedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 4
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by phillyb View Post
third gear

Looks like you need a fuel pump or internals.
Forge BPV, COBB SRI, AP ATR Stg 2+SF v107 FMIC, RPMC turbo inlet, Exhaust Depot DP, CP-E CBE, KMD internals, TT, DH, OF conversion, TRZ Poly mount, Exhaust Depot FMIC,TWM ss w/bushings, ITV22, AIS meth injection
Speedn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Speedn3 For This Useful Post:
mdogg (12-23-2008)
 Old 12-23-2008, 08:48 PM   #215

Grim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the worldGrim is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,006 Times in 316 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 92 Times in 80 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Speed'n3 View Post
Looks like you need a fuel pump or internals.
just about to say that.
 Old 12-23-2008, 09:40 PM   #216
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah. i saw that. that's the first log i've ever seen a problem with my fuel pressure. i've logged it at least 30 times. oh well.
weird. do i need fp before i can even tune?
 Old 12-24-2008, 06:55 PM   #217

SyntaxEscobar will become famous soon enough
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by gsrtype1 View Post
I did some runs with mario "elbartoex" on here last weekend and he was getting 5 knock above 5000 rpm.. on low boost with no tune.
Wrong SN buddy. It's all good tho. I did several WOT runs monday in 3rd and 4th and got very few blips under 1 and only once up to 1.2 while at 6K rpm.

HOKAY! I got the Standback installed and want to log w/ it.
Can I record the AFR through the stock wideband on the standback? (plz don't tell me I ran a USB cable inside to have incomplete logs!!!)
 Old 12-24-2008, 09:24 PM   #218

SSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,564 Times in 1,687 Posts
Groans: 58
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

you can not currently log the stock wideband with the SB
Fully Built : Arias Pistons: Pauter Rods : ARP bolts: Ported Head: Cosworth BSD : Spec 3+ Clutch : Fidanza Flywheel : AWR Engine mounts 90duro : Custom TIP/Intake : Custom Blow Through 3.5" MAF : Custom FMIC : HKS SSQV VTA : Ported IM : Custom DP : Custom Exhaust : CPBoost Top Mount EM : Garrett GT3582R : PTP Turbo Blanket: Tial V44 EWG : Perrin EBCS : MrLilGuy/PTP HPFP : Ported fuel line : Ported Fuel Rail : Custom Ported Fuel Injectors : Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump : HKS Twin Power DLI II : HKS M-Series Plugs : Cobb AP : AEM 3.5bar MAP :Koni Sport shocks : RPM Kspec Springs : TWM STS : TT Front Diff Mount : CPE Upper Diff Mount : Whiteline RSB : AWR Endlinks

Soon to be installed:
ST manifold w/ port injection : Raduim Engineering PCV Plate : Radium Engineering PCV valve : Radium Engineering Fuel filter : Aeromotive FPR : DCR VVT : TI Automotive F90000274 Fuel Pump : NX 15718 : Split Second AIC

SSinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-25-2008, 12:13 AM   #219

Speedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedn3 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by phillyb View Post
yeah. i saw that. that's the first log i've ever seen a problem with my fuel pressure. i've logged it at least 30 times. oh well.
weird. do i need fp before i can even tune?
When I first started to log my fp never dropped. After I got the ap and started to tune the fp dropped sporiactly(sp).
Installed the internals and haven't had an issue since.
I would take care of the pump prior to tuning. Looks like it happening in the upper rpms which isn't good.
Forge BPV, COBB SRI, AP ATR Stg 2+SF v107 FMIC, RPMC turbo inlet, Exhaust Depot DP, CP-E CBE, KMD internals, TT, DH, OF conversion, TRZ Poly mount, Exhaust Depot FMIC,TWM ss w/bushings, ITV22, AIS meth injection
 Old 12-25-2008, 07:39 AM   #220
awd>fwd

Not Ranked  0 score     

wow what the hell?? so this is with my sb zeroed out and set to 18.0 the temp outside was around 20.boost held great til that unknown hiccup at about 6500. i don't know if i wanna be happy that i'm not getting much knock(never got past .4) but i'm pissed cuz my fuel pump is shot. help!!!! lol

Old 12-25-2008, 10:39 AM   #221
awd>fwd

Not Ranked  0 score     

here are 2 more logs that i just went out and did.
knock was still at i think .4

Old 12-25-2008, 06:30 PM   #222

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jwdp54 View Post
here are 2 more logs that i just went out and did.
knock was still at i think .4

Yep...definitely need the pump or internals.
You're in luck...I read a post from Ken stating he has them in stock.
 Old 12-27-2008, 10:18 PM   #223

wassup61 is the leader of the worldwassup61 is the leader of the worldwassup61 is the leader of the worldwassup61 is the leader of the worldwassup61 is the leader of the worldwassup61 is the leader of the worldwassup61 is the leader of the worldwassup61 is the leader of the worldwassup61 is the leader of the worldwassup61 is the leader of the worldwassup61 is the leader of the world
Groans: 29
Groaned at 32 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey guys,
Picked up a Standback v2 PNP and here is a 4th gear log that I took with settings to be posted soon.

What should I do/Where should I go from here?

Jeff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg datalog jefftune.jpg (508.9 KB, 61 views)
 Old 12-27-2008, 10:23 PM   #224

wassup61 is the leader of the worldwassup61 is the leader of the worldwassup61 is the leader of the worldwassup61 is the leader of the worldwassup61 is the leader of the worldwassup61 is the leader of the worldwassup61 is the leader of the worldwassup61 is the leader of the worldwassup61 is the leader of the worldwassup61 is the leader of the worldwassup61 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

And standback tables as promised.

ETA: I was seeing some knock of .4-.7 in the same area it is now, so i took away timing and added fuel in that area. However, now, in the region with nothing changed and -4 timing I am getting knock. Whats the deal???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boost.JPG (80.4 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg timing.JPG (146.8 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg Fuel.JPG (149.0 KB, 53 views)
 Old 12-28-2008, 09:15 PM   #225

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Can't really read your log... Details are not readable... Try to post them like others have and use that formal (zoom, etc)...
 Old 12-28-2008, 09:39 PM   #226

Not Ranked  0 score     

if you scroll over the image and then over the lefthand corner there is a button to expand the image.
 Old 12-28-2008, 09:54 PM   #227

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

First thing I would do is lean out your AFR starting at 4900 RPM to 12.0...

Regarding KR, what type of fuel are you using?
I would start pulling timing at the latest at the 4.0 TPS Volts; I personally start pulling at around 3.0.
Maybe that would help your KR, though the most I pull is -2 in certain spots...other than that I mostly pull 1.5 max. Though I use 93 Octane.
 Old 12-28-2008, 10:28 PM   #228

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by AutoXRacer View Post
First thing I would do is lean out your AFR starting at 4900 RPM to 12.0...

Regarding KR, what type of fuel are you using?
I would start pulling timing at the latest at the 4.0 TPS Volts; I personally start pulling at around 3.0.
Maybe that would help your KR, though the most I pull is -2 in certain spots...other than that I mostly pull 1.5 max. Though I use 93 Octane.
I am running 93 octane, and timing pulled is what jordan sent me as a base map, I just pulled a little more where I saw knock. pulling -1.5 timing seems a bit low, though you are running 2 step colder plugs where I am running 1 step colder. all the knock is below 1 degree except for the later KR which is 1.1 degrees. What the fuck!
 Old 12-28-2008, 11:46 PM   #229
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

ok, so i have my afr dialed in pretty well, but i'm having a problem with the areas in between the software rpm parameters. for instance, my afr at 43xx and 45xx are ok, but in between there is a jump. how do i work with that?
 Old 12-29-2008, 02:31 AM   #230

SyntaxEscobar will become famous soon enough
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

CP-E, are you guys working on getting stock wideband to log on the SB or have you given up on that? (the Xtended Fuel Controller for Mazda3s can do it)
When using my own wideband, what brand or type of sensor am I expected to connect to the SB's wideband wires?

Also, could someone tell me where I can grab a VTA map?

Thanx in advanced.
 Old 12-29-2008, 06:09 AM   #231

Phantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SyntaxEscobar View Post
CP-E, are you guys working on getting stock wideband to log on the SB or have you given up on that? (the Xtended Fuel Controller for Mazda3s can do it)
When using my own wideband, what brand or type of sensor am I expected to connect to the SB's wideband wires?

Also, could someone tell me where I can grab a VTA map?

Thanx in advanced.

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/...standback-tuning-dummies-guide-official-post#6
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-31-2008, 02:11 AM   #232

Not Ranked  0 score     

Just did 2 pulls of 4th gear only saw .4 KR, will post these maps later when I get home
 Old 01-15-2009, 10:22 AM   #233

Driverman5777 is the leader of the worldDriverman5777 is the leader of the worldDriverman5777 is the leader of the worldDriverman5777 is the leader of the worldDriverman5777 is the leader of the worldDriverman5777 is the leader of the worldDriverman5777 is the leader of the worldDriverman5777 is the leader of the worldDriverman5777 is the leader of the worldDriverman5777 is the leader of the worldDriverman5777 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,446 Times in 193 Posts
Groans: 76
Groaned at 15 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

amazing thread guys... lots of awesome information. I just got my standback installed in my 06 speed6 with a base map from jordan set to 17.5 PSI and a bit of timing pulled. Waiting on my dashhawk to arrive in the mail, and I have to get my gasket for my BOV because the dealer lost it when they replaced my engine.
So I am meeting up with Jordan on saturday to get some help with tuning and then I should be posting some datalogs and seeing what you guys think.

Keep the info coming!!!
Driverman5777 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #234

vbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the worldvbt101 is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Driverman5777
Is Jordan going to be giving you a lesson in tuning? If so, I wouldn't mind meeting up with you guys. I'm really interested in figuring out how to get the standback dialed in. This thread is really helpful, but its definitely nice having someone with experience around. I have to bring my standback in anyway. And, my dashhawk came in yesterday, in case yours doesn't show up by Saturday.

Let me know.
vbt101 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-15-2009, 05:46 PM   #235

Driverman5777 is the leader of the worldDriverman5777 is the leader of the worldDriverman5777 is the leader of the worldDriverman5777 is the leader of the worldDriverman5777 is the leader of the worldDriverman5777 is the leader of the worldDriverman5777 is the leader of the worldDriverman5777 is the leader of the worldDriverman5777 is the leader of the worldDriverman5777 is the leader of the worldDriverman5777 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,446 Times in 193 Posts
Groans: 76
Groaned at 15 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

so after reading everything I have a few questions...

Explain Ki, Kp, Kd a little bit more… (toaster oven) perhaps in simpler terms… I think I get it, I guess I just want reclarification.

What is LIFT(Long term fuel Trims)? Where are they in the standback? What do they do?

How do I Fine tune VTA??? So that pop and the sort of stutter after shifting is eliminated

I see everyone talking about upwards of 18 psi… I thought 18.5 was the max efficiency of the stock turbo???

I heard the stock boost sensor can only read up to 22.5 psi, is that true?

Tuning with MAP instead of MAF… wouldn’t this be better with VTA? Would there be a difference?

Also... how will weather affect tuning with the standback... Its pretty cold here in MD... around 10 outside right now, and I've been reading that weather plays a pretty big role in AFR... Can someone explain this?

Last edited by Driverman5777; 01-15-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Driverman5777 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-16-2009, 10:29 AM   #236
awd>fwd

Not Ranked  0 score     

i'm waiting til it warms up a bit. temps are in the teens here too but next week should be in the 40's.
 Old 01-16-2009, 10:37 AM   #237

Smoker6 is the leader of the worldSmoker6 is the leader of the worldSmoker6 is the leader of the worldSmoker6 is the leader of the worldSmoker6 is the leader of the worldSmoker6 is the leader of the worldSmoker6 is the leader of the worldSmoker6 is the leader of the worldSmoker6 is the leader of the worldSmoker6 is the leader of the worldSmoker6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,988 Times in 299 Posts
Groans: 23
Groaned at 14 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The colder it is the denser the air the more fuel needs to be added in to maintain the desired AFR. As laloosh pointed out once you have your tune you can adjust the whole AFR line by bumping/lowering the MAFxfer function. Keep in mind also that currently what you're getting at the pumps is shitty winter fuel mix which is ftl.
CPE CAI, SU MM, Synapse BPV, Magnaflow 2.5" CBE, MDS DashHawk, TWM SS Stage 1, TT Front MM, TT Rear Diff Mount, SU StiffDiff, Whiteline RSB, BC Coilovers, mrlilguy CDFP, CPE Catted DP, HKS Twin Power Ignition System, RAYS Gram Lights 57 Maximum Time Attack, CPE TIP, Denso 2Step Colder Spark Plugs, COBB Shifter Weight, SPC Ball Joints, VTCS, BS, & EGR Delete, VentPod w/VEI Boost Guage, Saikou Michi CC, Labonte ISG-S3 (not installed), GT2871r, DNP manifold, Tial 44mm EWG, Cobb AP, TT Liquid to Air Intercooler, DMH 3" exhaust cutout.
Smoker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-18-2009, 03:34 PM   #238

Sanch is a splendid one to beholdSanch is a splendid one to beholdSanch is a splendid one to beholdSanch is a splendid one to beholdSanch is a splendid one to beholdSanch is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am getting 5.3 knock thats hella bad.
 Old 01-19-2009, 03:32 PM   #239

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Sanch View Post

I am getting 5.3 knock thats hella bad.
From your log, you have fuel cut. You need a CDFP upgrade
 Old 01-19-2009, 04:20 PM   #240

spnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,296 Times in 1,369 Posts
Groans: 105
Groaned at 79 Times in 66 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'd like to see an answer for the wideband question. Are you able to buy a different wideband sensor and hook it up to the SB and datalog with that?
spnkr21 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f9/standback-tuning-dummies-guide-official-q-14296/
Posted By For Type Date
[Mazda 3 MPS] ECU tunning ? glod wiedzy This thread Refback 08-02-2013 02:24 PM
[Mazda 3 MPS] ECU tunning - glod wiedzy This thread Refback 06-29-2012 03:58 AM
SoCal Standback help This thread Refback 05-16-2011 10:44 PM
standback tuning for dummies - Zuula Search This thread Refback 05-13-2010 11:43 AM
mazdaspeed standback maps - Zuula Search This thread Refback 05-05-2010 07:32 PM
mazdaspeed roush vent install - Zuula Search This thread Refback 03-22-2010 08:19 PM
Day of 1/3/2010: Top 50 of 183 Referring Pages This thread Refback 01-04-2010 09:00 AM
Day of 12/17/2009: Top 50 of 199 Referring Pages This thread Refback 12-18-2009 07:36 AM
Day of 12/2/2009: Top 50 of 217 Referring Pages This thread Refback 12-03-2009 07:20 AM
Day of 10/6/2009: Top 50 of 204 Referring Pages This thread Refback 10-07-2009 07:38 AM
Day of 10/1/2009: Top 50 of 200 Referring Pages This thread Refback 10-02-2009 07:52 AM
Day of 9/13/2009: Top 50 of 181 Referring Pages This thread Refback 09-14-2009 07:57 AM
Day of 7/29/2009: Top 50 of 195 Referring Pages This thread Refback 07-30-2009 07:07 AM
Day of 6/18/2009: Top 50 of 222 Referring Pages This thread Refback 06-19-2009 06:53 AM
Day of 6/16/2009: Top 50 of 223 Referring Pages This thread Refback 06-17-2009 07:20 AM
Day of 6/15/2009: Top 50 of 195 Referring Pages This thread Refback 06-16-2009 06:55 AM
Day of 6/10/2009: Top 50 of 188 Referring Pages This thread Refback 06-11-2009 06:40 AM
Day of 6/4/2009: Top 50 of 193 Referring Pages This thread Refback 06-05-2009 06:49 AM
Day of 5/31/2009: Top 50 of 182 Referring Pages This thread Refback 06-01-2009 07:32 AM
Day of 5/25/2009: Top 50 of 203 Referring Pages This thread Refback 05-26-2009 07:24 AM
Day of 5/21/2009: Top 50 of 213 Referring Pages This thread Refback 05-22-2009 07:29 AM
Day of 4/26/2009: Top 50 of 152 Referring Pages This thread Refback 04-27-2009 06:41 AM
Day of 3/18/2009: Top 50 of 207 Referring Pages This thread Refback 03-19-2009 03:16 PM
Day of 2/26/2009: Top 50 of 199 Referring Pages This thread Refback 02-27-2009 08:10 AM
Day of 2/22/2009: Top 50 of 176 Referring Pages This thread Refback 02-23-2009 07:04 AM
Day of 2/19/2009: Top 50 of 197 Referring Pages This thread Refback 02-20-2009 07:43 AM
Day of 1/28/2009: Top 50 of 276 Referring Pages This thread Refback 01-29-2009 06:41 AM
Day of 12/1/2008: Top 50 of 270 Referring Pages This thread Refback 12-02-2008 07:53 AM
Day of 11/30/2008: Top 50 of 252 Referring Pages This thread Refback 12-01-2008 08:19 AM
So the standback is in. - Carolina Mazdas This thread Refback 11-25-2008 07:56 AM
Day of 11/10/2008: Top 50 of 245 Referring Pages This thread Refback 11-11-2008 07:52 AM
Day of 11/3/2008: Top 50 of 245 Referring Pages This thread Refback 11-04-2008 09:34 AM