register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning Have an ECU tuning issue? Do you want to discuss Mazdaspeed 3/6 tuning solutions? Up to date info on the latest! Piasini Reflash, Cobb Access Port, Xede, Procede, Standback, Superchips & others supported here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ThatJuanMS3
  • 1 Post By Djohns

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-11-2017, 07:36 PM   #1

ThatJuanMS3 has a spectacular aura aboutThatJuanMS3 has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Trouble codes new engine

So I just got done putting a new engine on the speed. Iím here because I have some trouble codes stopping me from ignition. These are p0123 p0223 p2128 p2088 p0091 and p0098 I believe itís an issue with my wiring maybe a ground. Any insight would help
ThatJuanMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-11-2017, 09:52 PM   #2

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 19
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Not everyone has those codes memorized. Spell it out for us.
Versatuner, 3-bar MAP, ITV22, CP-e TMIC
CS Turbo/DP/RP/HPFP/BPV/R-DiffMount
White Widow F-DiffMount, Whiteline RSB
Rear Russian Bushings, Poly FSB Bushings Magnaflow CBE, ACT 6-puck/Streetlite
JBR Tru-3.5/3-port EBCS/EGR-D
Damond RMM/PMM/OCC/PCV Plate
Other rides:
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD - 355k mile Speed support vehicle.
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken (since Christmas 2015 and I really need to get rid of it)
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen (With several runs past 180, I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't stolen. So in a way, I'm thankful.)
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (Megasquirt, streetport, filter-on-turbo SRI, custom TBE, 20psi boost creep on OE turbo, OE TMIC on ice, 13.467 @ 105.44)
1985 Camaro - Sold (est. 265bhp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
Fstrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-11-2017, 10:18 PM   #3

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,511 Times in 1,370 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

There’s a small ground by the fuel pump that would keep you from being able to start. Also did you try installing the engine in the car instead of on it?
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Soon:built motor
Djohns is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-11-2017, 10:50 PM   #4

ThatJuanMS3 has a spectacular aura aboutThatJuanMS3 has a spectacular aura about
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Djohns View Post
Thereís a small ground by the fuel pump that would keep you from being able to start. Also did you try installing the engine in the car instead of on it?
So I moved I️t to inside the car now so that canít be I️t. Are you talking about the one that goes onto that wiring harness frame thing?
Fstrnyou likes this.
 Old 11-12-2017, 07:22 AM   #5

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ThatJuanMS3 View Post
So I moved I️t to inside the car now so that canít be I️t. Are you talking about the one that goes onto that wiring harness frame thing?
Yes thatís the one. By you saying that I assume you got it. I would go over all your connectors and make sure all of them are tight and right.
danb likes this.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:28 AM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Fstrnyou View Post
Not everyone has those codes memorized. Spell it out for us.
P2128 - Accelerator peda position (APP) sensor No. 2 circuit high input
P2088 - camshaft position actuator A control circuit low (bank 1)
P2101 - throttle actuator circuit range/performance
P0091- fuel pressure regulator 1 control circuit low
P0098- intake air temp sensor 2 circuit high
 Old 11-12-2017, 10:42 AM   #7

Not Ranked  0 score     

Sounds like you missed the connector that’s under the intake manifold.

Old 11-12-2017, 11:55 AM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Djohns View Post
Sounds like you missed the connector thatís under the intake manifold.
The one that goes into the manifold or the big wiring harness one?
 Old 11-12-2017, 11:56 AM   #9

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 19
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

All of them should be plugged in.
Versatuner, 3-bar MAP, ITV22, CP-e TMIC
CS Turbo/DP/RP/HPFP/BPV/R-DiffMount
White Widow F-DiffMount, Whiteline RSB
Rear Russian Bushings, Poly FSB Bushings Magnaflow CBE, ACT 6-puck/Streetlite
JBR Tru-3.5/3-port EBCS/EGR-D
Damond RMM/PMM/OCC/PCV Plate
Other rides:
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD - 355k mile Speed support vehicle.
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken (since Christmas 2015 and I really need to get rid of it)
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen (With several runs past 180, I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't stolen. So in a way, I'm thankful.)
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (Megasquirt, streetport, filter-on-turbo SRI, custom TBE, 20psi boost creep on OE turbo, OE TMIC on ice, 13.467 @ 105.44)
1985 Camaro - Sold (est. 265bhp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
Fstrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to Fstrnyou For This Un-useful Post:
ThatJuanMS3 (11-12-2017)
 Old 11-12-2017, 09:33 PM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Down to p2128 p2088 p2101 and p0091 ideas?
 Old 12-14-2017, 02:09 PM   #11

sdetweil is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Not Ranked  0 score     

did u find your problems?

I just replaced the engine in my sons 2011 speed3 with an engine from a local wrecking yard. (we blew a rod thru the block)..

anyhow I have 5 codes

p0118 - engine coolant high
p0123 - Throttle position high
p0222 - Throttle position
P0335 - Crank position sensor
P2185 - Engine Coolant Temp

i cleared them and P0118, P0123 and P0222 come back.

the replacement engine was very clean, they cut the body side of all connectors, not the engine side. I 'think' I have everything reconnected.. but the TPS errors make me wonder. CPS is worrisome.

and the coolant ones... weird.. I have started to fill rad fluid again, how do you get it to go in? I have maybe 1 gal of 2 loaded.

any guidance would be appreciated

looking more, the Throttle body connector was not seated. now down to P0118.. i rechecked that the ECT sensor is plugged in.. (above generator on back of engine)

Last edited by sdetweil; 12-14-2017 at 02:48 PM.
sdetweil is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-14-2017, 03:14 PM   #12

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

all the code goes to a common harness...so there must be one not connected or not fully pressed in...just follow the wires from the part and make sure it is fully pressed into each other + in the ecm

You can check individual signals to the pcm to see if it get open (connector) or full voltage(Missing ground) but i bet it would be easier to just double check the work.

2007 rusted Speed6... in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-14-2017, 03:50 PM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So after a while I just ran through my harness and checked every wire. Sensor cable to the crankshaft position sensor (middle one) was pinched, spliced a new cable in and the speed came right to life
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatJuanMS3 For This Useful Post:
MSMS3 (12-16-2017), stockms3 (12-14-2017), Thor Hammer (12-14-2017)
 Old 12-15-2017, 03:04 PM   #14

sdetweil is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jeff23spl View Post
all the code goes to a common harness...so there must be one not connected or not fully pressed in...just follow the wires from the part and make sure it is fully pressed into each other + in the ecm

You can check individual signals to the pcm to see if it get open (connector) or full voltage(Missing ground) but i bet it would be easier to just double check the work.
thx.. I unplugged the ECT1 sensor (at the radiator), and verified with a wire toner that they were connected all the way thru. I reconnected the sensor and now the P0118 code is gone. so,, the connector was not on completely

still no start... but on to next set of diagnostics

edit: mine turned out to be a broken crank position sensor..

Last edited by sdetweil; 12-19-2017 at 02:38 PM.
sdetweil is offline   Reply With Quote