register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - ECU Computer Tuning Have an ECU tuning issue? Do you want to discuss Mazdaspeed 3/6 tuning solutions? Up to date info on the latest! Piasini Reflash, Cobb Access Port, Xede, Procede, Standback, Superchips & others supported here!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-18-2009, 01:44 PM   #1

bykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the world
Groans: 38
Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default vta tuning on the standback

hey i was wondering if any of you guys are running vta with the sb, i would like to see a screen shot of the maf tables so i can get an idea of where to start pulling fuel. If any1 has a dialed in map/setting, let me know please. I want jordan from cpe to chime in if possible... i wanna run vta but dont feel like taking forever to tune it and dial it in from scratch. Any extra info would be great...I dont give a fuck about all you guys who are gonna say the car runs bad in vta mode etc etc just dont post if its not useful to me. Thanks!
bykeryder4life is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #2

gsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,678 Times in 712 Posts
Groans: 102
Groaned at 232 Times in 155 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have an old vta map you can look at you basically just take out -81% fuel in the area where your switching gears. Better yet Jordan can make you a map and email it to you its super easy...
 Old 08-18-2009, 02:11 PM   #3

Phantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud ofPhantom has much to be proud of
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't think you need a map to VTA just adjust the Fuel Cut settings.

This is what I have.

This is what Jordan sent me for MAF as well but I do run hybrid and no issues. Some pops but not back fires (gun shot blasts) like before the SB was installed.

CPE CAI|TRZ Motor Mount (Poly)|Hoen Xenonmatch Fogs/Highs |Hotchkis Rear Sway Bar|Prosport Boost Gauge|Buddy Club Condenser|18x8 OZ Ultraleggera Matte Black|Gorilla Black Lugs|G2 Red Calipers|Autoexe Stainless Steel Brake Lines|Chromium Signals|Hella Supertone|sk07 Accel Pedal|CPE DP|Cobb Shift Weight|Evo Turbo Timer|Dual AeroForce|TurboSmart BOV|Denso ITV22 Plugs|CPE HPFP|H&R Springs|Koni Yellows (Struts/Shocks)|Autoexe Street Pads|Rotora Slotted Rotors|SPC Camber Kit|CPE PNP|CPE Standback|CPE Pro Fuel Controller|Labonte Stage 1 Water/Meth Injection Kit|Tribute Oil Filter Converstion
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Phantom For This Useful Post:
bykeryder4life (08-18-2009)
 Old 08-18-2009, 02:44 PM   #4

SgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the worldSgtP is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,355 Times in 343 Posts
Groans: 106
Groaned at 30 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

dont do it. the car doesnt run right VTA.

but seriously get with Jordan or do what these people said above.
CP-E Nano, CP-E Inlet, CP-E catless DP, CP-E Standback V2, CPE FullThrottle/No Cut Flash, CP-E FMIC, CP-E CDFP, CP-E HKS BPV, TRZ Poly MM, E4P Shifter, Denso Iridium ITV22 plugs, CP-E Towplate, PG V3 Manifold w/EGT bung, Saikou Michi OCC, EGR delete, BSD w/oil baffle, BC Coilovers w/front camber adjustment, SPC rear arms, 17x8 Anthracite O.Z. Alleggerita's wrapped in Nitto NT01's

Originally Posted by rodrigo View Post
damn josh u are pretty.... i swear if tina hadnt taken you id so rail u
Certified Personal Trainer/Nutritional Consultant - I can cure Skinny, Fat and Weak

http://jpnutritionandfitness.blogspot.com/

Sponsored By: CP-E
SgtP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SgtP For This Useful Post:
bykeryder4life (08-18-2009)
 Old 08-18-2009, 02:45 PM   #5

Marauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Can you tune for VTA with an AP?

Go Fast: CP-E Xcel CAI, CP-E FMIC, HKS SSQ, PG TIP, Desno ITV22s, SU TP, Magna CBE, Cobb AP Stage 2 93 v101e FMIC

Handle Good: RPM Srpings, TWM Stage 2 SS, SPC Adj. Ball Joints, AWR Motor Mount

Look Hot: Badgeless Grill, Black Evil M, Black Powdercoat OE Wheels

TBD: CP-E Cat'd DP vs ATP Cat'd DP
Marauder.45 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-18-2009, 10:56 PM   #6

bykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the worldbykeryder4life is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by gsrtype1 View Post
I have an old vta map you can look at you basically just take out -81% fuel in the area where your switching gears. Better yet Jordan can make you a map and email it to you its super easy...
If you could, post that map, i know you take -81 in the lower left corner area but i want to know exactly where, not guess then drive then again and again until i get it smooth.

Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
I don't think you need a map to VTA just adjust the Fuel Cut settings.
Shit if its that easy i am stoked. not sure though, i thought you had to do the fuel cut settings and the map adjustments like gsr said....

Does anyone know how i can get a hold of jordan or get him to post in this thread for some help...since randy and the cpe section got taken out i am lost on finding him...
 Old 08-22-2009, 12:37 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

bump....who the hell has a vta map for me to look at?
 Old 08-22-2009, 11:29 AM   #8

Marauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the worldMarauder.45 is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Good call,

AP suggestions anyone?

Go Fast: CP-E Xcel CAI, CP-E FMIC, HKS SSQ, PG TIP, Desno ITV22s, SU TP, Magna CBE, Cobb AP Stage 2 93 v101e FMIC

Handle Good: RPM Srpings, TWM Stage 2 SS, SPC Adj. Ball Joints, AWR Motor Mount

Look Hot: Badgeless Grill, Black Evil M, Black Powdercoat OE Wheels

TBD: CP-E Cat'd DP vs ATP Cat'd DP
Marauder.45 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say NO Thank You to Marauder.45 For This Un-useful Post:
 Old 08-22-2009, 07:35 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

dude, make a thread in the cobb section and get yourself help. dont shit in my thread thats asking about standbacks tuning for vta with fucken cobb related questions.

1 post + another=groaned.
The Following User Says Thank You to bykeryder4life For This Useful Post:
johnac08 (08-26-2009)
The Following 2 Users Say NO Thank You to bykeryder4life For This Un-useful Post:
 Old 09-11-2009, 05:02 PM   #10
Daily Driver

Nitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the worldNitr0EngiE is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,427 Times in 757 Posts
Groans: 52
Groaned at 82 Times in 51 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i run a hybrid valve and dont really get backfire, and also with pulling fuel from maf, that chart he showed is a great non aggressive baseline. will help a ton. other then the riceyness full vta BLOWS, it almost acts like it hurts our cars. just 50/50 it. Btw with a CAI ful lrecirc is pretty freaking loud as well, not counting stock bov.
Nitr0EngiE is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #11
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,013 Times in 5,264 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

dude instead of running VTA why dont u just remove your BOV? then u will have all sorts of noises and all of the shitty driveability issues along with it.

your thread = fail
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
superskaterxes is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-11-2009, 07:49 PM   #12

ZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

shit im running recirc and have a test pipe and no tune and i backfire like a mofo
ZoomByU is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-11-2009, 10:49 PM   #13

Jarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 26 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by superskaterxes View Post
dude instead of running VTA why dont u just remove your BOV? then u will have all sorts of noises and all of the shitty driveability issues along with it.

your thread = fail

Ya and your ninja turtle green wheels look fucking stupid too. If you dont have positive input for the thread then piss off.
Jarods7920 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-12-2009, 03:23 AM   #14

ZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the worldZoomByU is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

damn not even the OP and dudes hella butthurt
ZoomByU is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-18-2009, 08:30 PM   #15

SoyBean has a reputation beyond reputeSoyBean has a reputation beyond reputeSoyBean has a reputation beyond reputeSoyBean has a reputation beyond reputeSoyBean has a reputation beyond reputeSoyBean has a reputation beyond reputeSoyBean has a reputation beyond reputeSoyBean has a reputation beyond reputeSoyBean has a reputation beyond reputeSoyBean has a reputation beyond reputeSoyBean has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 14
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Lightbulb

But Jarod's completely right. Ninja turtle wheels was being sarcastic and hateful.

Here you go (taken from Share your tunes):

I ran this exact map for a good while and ended up adding/removing 1 additional pnt in the modified areas on the right..
SoyBean is offline   Reply With Quote