General Posting Guidelines
Please READ and UNDERSTAND this before registering on MSF.ORG.
We DO NOT accept email addresses from HOTMAIL, AIM OR AOL... We require a legit email address from either your ISP or Gmail. This is to help with server load. thanks..
1.) Please search for a topic before posting a new one. This really isn't hard to do and will keep us from having 40 threads on the same subject.
2.) No posting of porn in areas not designated outside of VIP area.
2a.) ANYTHING THING GOES SECTION:
YOU CAN POST NUDES in the Public Anything Goes Section... just no hardcore porn and shit.. no bestiality or extremely sick/twisted shit... you are smart enough to know what is out of hand. This section is mostly for comedy and straight ownage.
3.) Posting of PG rated stuff will only been done in the Off Topic Lounge/VIP forum. Anything you think can get someone in trouble at work MUST use the NSFW prefix in the thread drop down.! IE:
[NSFW]- OMG, This is Hilarious
4.) The last thing i want to see are people getting in trouble at work and end up terminated. This follows under the " respect " and " Haltech Expectation " rule.
This WILL be a bannable offense, so please be sure that you don't get caught up in it.
If a thread DOES NOT have a NSFW prefix attached to it, do NOT post NSFW content in that thread. Its not the OP or MODs responsibility to change the thread prefix because you want to be funny. This includes large font sizes emphasizing extreme foul language or making something stick out using colors that might easily be seen in the work place when a user unknowingly clicks on a thread that is offensive.
1st violation = 30 day ban
2nd violation = Perm Ban
5.) NEWBS and Newbie Treatment. Each one of you were NEW at some point in a car, a platform or here. You will NOT bash, harass, haze, disrespect or be an outright dick to new members on this forum. This especially foes for the new member welcome thread. You will not troll them either.. You will be infracted, then ultimately banned if you continue to do so.
6) Newbies: You are expected to SEARCH prior to posting a topic. We have nearly 1 millions posts here, therefore its probably good odds you will find what you are looking for when you search the forum first. I expect you to search instead of post repeat topics again and again. You will be warned once, then you will get infractions for not following the sites expectations.
MSF is a light moderated forum, HOWEVER, this does not give you any right to troll and bash people for the sake of bashing. The forum has sections and these have a theme behind them. I suggest you use the sections properly. The second i find that you are causing a breakdown in the forums growth, i will remove you from our ocean and stick you in a chum bath full of sharks...
1.) No multiple accounts allowed. One account per user, period. Bannable offense if caught and trust us, we have a system in place that will find them.
2.) Only approved MSF.ORG vendors can have an additional username account.
3.) Under Forum policy Danny will not be represented by MSF.org nor Endorsed by MSF.org for The Forums Wars Event. He is subject to being banned for trying to represent and endorse MSF.org at this event not known by the Admin (Kevin).Acting along side members, his driving ability is subject to horrible failure during this event in which MSF.org will lose its reputation. Any person wishing to represent MSF.org at an event such as this must contact the Admin of MSF.org, and must be choosen by the members of the forum.
1.) Signatures to other vendors websites are no longer allowed. This is for obvious reasons and shall not be argued. We take care of our own here people.
2.) Signatures displaying Porn and/or inappropriate pictures that are deemed offensive or not safe for work, are not allowed.
3.) Signatures cannot be more then 4 lines in length and the sig images cannot be any larger then 4 lines in length. We will give exact image dimensions allowed shortly.
4) Signatures promoting vendors on MSF are not allowed.
1.) Avatars of half dressed women, flopping breasts, buttocks displayed in a thong or g-string, prohibited.
2.) Avatars that are deemed offensive to the opposite sex.
3.) Avatars that display gay pride, politics, or defamation images of members.
4.) Avatars that attack the site or offends the site in nature.
5.) Avatars of vendors not approved to conduct MSF.ORG Business.
V.I.P Member Rules
1.) No Posting Of Porn Outside Of Dirty Bastard Club
2.) Nude pics shall be posted on in the Redlight District
3.) No Racism or racial slurs
4.)City Of God is the ONLY non moderated forum here. Use it for this purpose.
5.) Use NSFW tags in posts when something isn't considered SAFE AT WORK!
Warning & Infraction System
Cross Posting from other sites (f/s stuff)
Signature Rule Violation
Advertising while being a non vendor
Inappropriate Post Content (porn, Gore, NSFW content in the wrong section)
Groan System spamming
Insulted Other Member(s) went overboard
Racism & Racial Slurs
warning no points
2nd and after
Points and suspension period
5 pts = 1 Day Ban
7 pts = 3 Days Ban
10 pts = 5 Days Ban
15 pts = 7 Days Ban
20 pts = 1 Month Ban
25 pts = Forever Banned and Forgotten
III. Color Coded Member Names... What are these?
- RED = Admins - They run the site of course. We also have developers who are Admin as well.
- YELLOW = Assist Admin - In charge of forum operations, rule enforcement and resolution.
- Silver = Super Moderators - They work for the Admin and are in charge of the daily operations of the site & Moderators.
- Lt.Blue = Moderator ( Moderates Post & Works For Super Mods )
- Green = V.I.P - People Who Have Donated To The Site & are VALUABLE to our community! - Treat them as if they were an Admin!
- Brownie - Basic Registered User
For Sale/Trade Rules
We pride ourselves with STRICT For Sale rules and because of that, these are always being updated. It is YOUR responsibility to CHECK these rules, prior to making a F/S thread every time!
1. All items listed for sale or trade on these forums MUST be shown in one or more photographs in the original posting. Photographs of items for sale must contain the following:
a. The item being sold or traded.
b. A piece of paper with the owner’s forum username, "MSF.org", and current date. These must be HANDWRITTEN signage. Any Photoshopping at all is a 3 day ban... Second offense is a Lifetime Ban.
c. A price MUST be posted in the case of a sale.
d. All pictures of wheels must be photographed TOGETHER
e. All items offered for sale or trade must be photographed while NOT installed on the vehicle, i.e. ready to pack and ship to a buyer.
2. ANYONE (Buyer and Seller alike) participating in a transaction MUST be a VIP member of the forum.
3. All participants in a transaction must have their location in their profile (City/State)
4. All items posted for sale must be priced, with no exceptions. DO NOT edit out the price when:
a. Completing a transaction. 5. NO LINKING TO CRAIGSLIST OR OTHER OFFSITE SALES THREADS.
b. Lowering your price.
6. When participating in and after completing a transaction, make full use of the iTrader member rating system or member feedback section.
7. NO FEELER POSTS – If you post an item, it is for sale or trade, and shall have a price and photograph. Otherwise, your thread will be locked and/or deleted.
8. DO NOT SEND ANYTHING OF VALUE WITHOUT DELIVERY CONFIRMATION/TRACKING. UPS, USPS, and FedEx all offer this feature for a very small fee or include it in their standard rates. If you’re sending a $500 part, don’t cheap out on the $2 it takes to cover your ass.
9. SHOP AROUND. FedEx and UPS offer rates comparable to USPS Priority with insurance and are both far easier to deal with if there is ever a dispute about delivery. Here are links to the rate calculators for the various carriers:
USPS - Postage Price Calculator
UPS - https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_US
FedEx - FedEx Rates and Transit Times
09. Multiple F/S threads by the same creator made with in 2 days of each other are subject to being combined by the mod staff.
10. A f/s thread can be bumped for 60 days, after that a new thread must be created with at least ONE current photo with sign and date
11. DO NOT GIFT MONEY!
12. After an item has SOLD, seller must report post so thread can be closed and prefix can be changed.
13. All COBB ACCESS PORTS for sale must contain a picture showing proof the unit has been unmarried.
14. Prohibited items:
a) Weapons and weapons parts/accessories.
b) SURE Halo Injector Seals.
c) SURE Guerrilla/Gorilla Rear Camber Arms.
15. Vehicles for Sale must have a photo with the VIN plate from the driver's door with proper signage.
16. ANY RAFFLE ITEMS WON THOUGH THE MSF RAFFLES WILL NOT BE SOLD ON MSF FOR ANY PROFIT WHATSOVER!
RULE ENFORCEMENT - Should you fail to follow the B/S/T rules, these will be the results for each subsequent offense:
a.0 point infraction.
b.2 point infraction.
c.3 day ban.