register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums > Mazdaspeed Forums Sponsors > CorkSport

CorkSport To say that CorkSport is passionate about Mazda Performance is understatement. It is the essence of what we do. Our mission to offer unparalleled customer service and support, an uncompromising commitment to the community, and deliver top quality performance parts is demonstrated with each product we develop to help fulfill your vehicles performance potential. At CorkSport we believe it doesn’t have to come in a fancy package or be the most expensive product on the market to be the best.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree7Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #201

m249saw is the leader of the worldm249saw is the leader of the worldm249saw is the leader of the worldm249saw is the leader of the worldm249saw is the leader of the worldm249saw is the leader of the worldm249saw is the leader of the worldm249saw is the leader of the worldm249saw is the leader of the worldm249saw is the leader of the worldm249saw is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SofaKingAwesome View Post
lolwut!?
^This. Thought this was developed for the MS3/MS6

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
taf0422 (05-09-2012)
 Old 05-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #202

blownhead is a name known to allblownhead is a name known to allblownhead is a name known to allblownhead is a name known to allblownhead is a name known to allblownhead is a name known to all
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I also had to modify the bracket that was provided for the speed... for some reason the t bracket holes did not line up on my 2012..... also i was missing the set screws... glad i had some in the tool box ..... other than getting the new hose onto the pcv valve install was not difficult
blownhead is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #203

Gwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the world
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by m249saw View Post
^This. Thought this was developed for the MS3/MS6

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
This was developed as a universal product. The test fitment was done on our speed3.

Originally Posted by blownhead View Post
I also had to modify the bracket that was provided for the speed... for some reason the t bracket holes did not line up on my 2012..... also i was missing the set screws... glad i had some in the tool box ..... other than getting the new hose onto the pcv valve install was not difficult
The screws are included in the bracket that is on the catch can when you recieved it. I will have our engineer review this thread to see if he can add clarity to the install instructions.

Last edited by Gwynne; 05-09-2012 at 03:32 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #204
2zz mr-s

dooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,647 Times in 1,903 Posts
Groans: 239
Groaned at 352 Times in 214 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

is corksport selling nudes of gwynne yet? is there a group buy?
[07:25 PM] Pu Manchu: the second rule is "don't tell anyone"
[07:25 PM] Pu Manchu: the first rule of tranny fucking is "don't do it"
dooderek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dooderek For This Useful Post:
f-castrillo (07-09-2012), m249saw (05-09-2012), rghispanic88 (05-10-2012), SofaKingAwesome (05-09-2012)
 Old 05-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #205

blownhead is a name known to allblownhead is a name known to allblownhead is a name known to allblownhead is a name known to allblownhead is a name known to allblownhead is a name known to all
Not Ranked  0 score     

The screws are included in the bracket that is on the catch can when you recieved it. I will have our engineer review this thread to see if he can add clarity to the install instructions.[/QUOTE]

It is universal and i improved the fitment ..i never expect anything to be 100% out of box .... but i would suggest better photos in the universal instructions..... and where u suggested to mount did required me to open up a hole in the bracket on the 2012 ....see if others have that issue with this years model.... i sent photos to kelly as always
blownhead is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #206

Gwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by blownhead View Post
The screws are included in the bracket that is on the catch can when you recieved it. I will have our engineer review this thread to see if he can add clarity to the install instructions.
It is universal and i improved the fitment ..i never expect anything to be 100% out of box .... but i would suggest better photos in the universal instructions..... and where u suggested to mount did required me to open up a hole in the bracket on the 2012 ....see if others have that issue with this years model.... i sent photos to kelly as always[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I am sure Kelly will pass them along to Brydon for review and improvement to the instructions. Thank you for the feedback!
 Old 05-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #207

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Daddy Chinkus View Post
is corksport selling nudes of gwynne yet? is there a group buy?
No plans to add that to the CorkSport catalog and no plans for a GB. Sorry!
The Following User Says Thank You to Gwynne For This Useful Post:
efispeed (05-11-2012)
 Old 05-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #208
2zz mr-s

dooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,647 Times in 1,903 Posts
Groans: 239
Groaned at 352 Times in 214 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i guess ill just have to settle for mark@streeunit pics, le sigh
[07:25 PM] Pu Manchu: the second rule is "don't tell anyone"
[07:25 PM] Pu Manchu: the first rule of tranny fucking is "don't do it"
dooderek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dooderek For This Useful Post:
Brian MP5T (05-30-2012), f-castrillo (07-09-2012), pzr2874 (05-10-2012), rghispanic88 (05-10-2012), SleeperHatch (05-10-2012), SofaKingAwesome (05-09-2012)
 Old 05-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #209

xnavekx is a splendid one to beholdxnavekx is a splendid one to beholdxnavekx is a splendid one to beholdxnavekx is a splendid one to beholdxnavekx is a splendid one to beholdxnavekx is a splendid one to beholdxnavekx is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just bought one of these and gonna have to figure out where to mount it in speed6
2006 MS6 GT | COBB AP | Catted Ebay DP | KMD CDFP Internals | CP-E CAI | Corksport TIP | Centric Rotors | StopTech Brakes | AWR RMM| AWR Tranny Mount | AWR Side Motor Mount | Powdercoated Black RX-8 Wheels | H&R Lowering Springs | SURE SSP | SURE CounterWeight | CPE TMIC |
xnavekx is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #210

Death-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,074 Times in 347 Posts
Groans: 87
Groaned at 25 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You guys made this based on a Speed3...........and didnt include a check valve.....how long have you been around this platform...jesus.
Death-From-A-Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Death-From-A-Mile For This Useful Post:
justint5387 (05-10-2012), SofaKingAwesome (05-10-2012)
 Old 05-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #211

jamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@CorkSport

From the email you sent out, it seems like you will be using a Napa check valve with this kit. I have not read good things about this valve on the forum. McMaster makes a nice one (from researching the forum) and I'm going to try this out. I ordered one each of part numbers 7775K64 and 5346K59. People on the forum were using 7775K54 and 5346K66 part numbers which have the opposite sexual orientation (lol) of the ones I bought. I just did that so I didn't have to buy a 5 pack of fittings to save money. For some reason only the female NPT ones come in 2 packs. The end result is the same. I will let you know how that works out. Came out to $30.44 plus shipping.

I did some WOT runs (~20psi) after installing the can. Any chance that I damaged the can? What exactly happened to the can that was damaged from pressure, so we know what to look for?

2000 Miata LS, Flyin Miata Turbo'd (GT2560R), 3" TBE, Megasquirt EMS, 650cc injectors
jamesr242 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #212

OneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Groaned at 25 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Gwynne[MENTION=130
CorkSport;1406735]No plans to add that to the CorkSport catalog and no plans for a GB. Sorry!
Derek, is she referring to your group buy question or turning down your offer for the Gang Bang?

COBB SRI -- TIH -- ACCESSPORT -- EBCS
CP-E DP AUTOTECH FP INTERNALS CORKSPORT 80 MM DUAL EXHAUST
JBR SOLID SHIFTER BUSHINGS -- 88 DURO RMM -- TMM -- PMM--TIG AND COOLANT BYPASS FORGE BPV
ACT ZX5-HDG6 CLUTCH KIT DEVIL'SOWN METH KIT
EDDIE BAUER CARSEAT MOD

DJ tuned: 302 whp and 339 wtq

"YOU PULLED ON ME LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OneBAMFpog is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #213

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by KiddMnKy View Post
Derek, is she referring to your group buy question or turning down your offer for the Gang Bang?
If we could maintain this thread for the OCC and by that I mean Oil Catch Can, it would be much appreciated.

Originally Posted by jamesr242 View Post
@CorkSport

From the email you sent out, it seems like you will be using a Napa check valve with this kit. I have not read good things about this valve on the forum. McMaster makes a nice one (from researching the forum) and I'm going to try this out. I ordered one each of part numbers 7775K64 and 5346K59. People on the forum were using 7775K54 and 5346K66 part numbers which have the opposite sexual orientation (lol) of the ones I bought. I just did that so I didn't have to buy a 5 pack of fittings to save money. For some reason only the female NPT ones come in 2 packs. The end result is the same. I will let you know how that works out. Came out to $30.44 plus shipping.

I did some WOT runs (~20psi) after installing the can. Any chance that I damaged the can? What exactly happened to the can that was damaged from pressure, so we know what to look for?
It is not likely you damaged the can, but I can have the engineer follow-up and tell you what to look for. I will speak with him tomorrow and have him look into the McMaster and respond to the thread. Thanks for the feedback!
 Old 05-10-2012, 06:19 AM   #214

OneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Groaned at 25 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

CorkSport;1407204]If we could maintain this thread for the OCC and by that I mean Oil Catch Can, it would be much appreciated.

It is not likely you damaged the can, but I can have the engineer follow-up and tell you what to look for. I will speak with him tomorrow and have him look into the McMaster and respond to the thread. Thanks for the feedback!
If you look, I'm one of the first that bought your OCC and a review will be pending right after my install tomorrow. Glad I waited seeing as you guys sent out the email about the check valve.

COBB SRI -- TIH -- ACCESSPORT -- EBCS
CP-E DP AUTOTECH FP INTERNALS CORKSPORT 80 MM DUAL EXHAUST
JBR SOLID SHIFTER BUSHINGS -- 88 DURO RMM -- TMM -- PMM--TIG AND COOLANT BYPASS FORGE BPV
ACT ZX5-HDG6 CLUTCH KIT DEVIL'SOWN METH KIT
EDDIE BAUER CARSEAT MOD

DJ tuned: 302 whp and 339 wtq

"YOU PULLED ON ME LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OneBAMFpog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OneBAMFpog For This Useful Post:
Gwynne (05-10-2012)
 Old 05-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #215

Not Ranked  0 score     

@CorkSport

I just spoke with the engineer and he said that over-pressurizing the can will create a vacuum leak that will prevent the car from running properly. So you will know if you have damage to your can.

I also passed along the info on the check valve comparisons which he will be reviewing.
 Old 05-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #216

InFeXIoN is the leader of the worldInFeXIoN is the leader of the worldInFeXIoN is the leader of the worldInFeXIoN is the leader of the worldInFeXIoN is the leader of the worldInFeXIoN is the leader of the worldInFeXIoN is the leader of the worldInFeXIoN is the leader of the worldInFeXIoN is the leader of the worldInFeXIoN is the leader of the worldInFeXIoN is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,166 Times in 424 Posts
Groaned at 42 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

shoulda just bought the JBR stage 2.... glad i did.
GTX3071R EWG, DNP Tubular Manifold, SSP Ported/VTCS deleted intake manifold, DCR VVT Actuator, CP-E FMIC, Cobb AP, JBR 3.5" WP Intake ||| JBR 80 Duro RMM, JBR 80 Duro PSMM ||| CNT Racing Catless full 3" DP/TP, Speed Daddy 3" CBE ||| AEM Water/Methanol Kit, Autotech FP Internals, PTP Inj Seals, Synapse Engineering Bypass Valve, Matt Jackson map sensor harness, 3 Bar map sensor, Grimmspeed 3-port EBCS, NGK 1 Step Colder Plugs ||| Sure AGS 621G, Sure Shortcut, JBR Solid Base Bushings and Weight ||| AMR Engineering Coilovers, JBR Rear Sway, JBR Rear Camber Arms, XXR 527 18x8.75 +35 Chromium Black ||| CP-E Tow Plate, Rotella T6, FoMoCo XT-M5-QS, JBR OCC, JBR EGR Delete, JBR TB Gasket, JBR TIG and Coolant Bypass, EBC Redstuff.

Build Complete!!!!
InFeXIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to InFeXIoN For This Useful Post:
JBR (05-11-2012), m249saw (05-10-2012), SofaKingAwesome (05-10-2012)
 Old 05-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #217

pzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,742 Times in 1,846 Posts
Groans: 146
Groaned at 151 Times in 111 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Or the SM/Matt Damond kit. I used the CarQuest MS3 replacement PCV. Works fine.
pzr2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #218

m249saw is the leader of the worldm249saw is the leader of the worldm249saw is the leader of the worldm249saw is the leader of the worldm249saw is the leader of the worldm249saw is the leader of the worldm249saw is the leader of the worldm249saw is the leader of the worldm249saw is the leader of the worldm249saw is the leader of the worldm249saw is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

At least @CorkSport is creating new stuff for our platform. Good to have options whether you like them or not.
Brian MP5T (05-30-2012), Gwynne (05-10-2012), pebenito (05-11-2012)
 Old 05-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #219

InFeXIoN is the leader of the worldInFeXIoN is the leader of the worldInFeXIoN is the leader of the worldInFeXIoN is the leader of the worldInFeXIoN is the leader of the worldInFeXIoN is the leader of the worldInFeXIoN is the leader of the worldInFeXIoN is the leader of the worldInFeXIoN is the leader of the worldInFeXIoN is the leader of the worldInFeXIoN is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by m249saw View Post
At least @CorkSport is creating new stuff for our platform. Good to have options whether you like them or not.
Although I wished their stuff worked correctly as our other vendors. But yes I agree.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
GTX3071R EWG, DNP Tubular Manifold, SSP Ported/VTCS deleted intake manifold, DCR VVT Actuator, CP-E FMIC, Cobb AP, JBR 3.5" WP Intake ||| JBR 80 Duro RMM, JBR 80 Duro PSMM ||| CNT Racing Catless full 3" DP/TP, Speed Daddy 3" CBE ||| AEM Water/Methanol Kit, Autotech FP Internals, PTP Inj Seals, Synapse Engineering Bypass Valve, Matt Jackson map sensor harness, 3 Bar map sensor, Grimmspeed 3-port EBCS, NGK 1 Step Colder Plugs ||| Sure AGS 621G, Sure Shortcut, JBR Solid Base Bushings and Weight ||| AMR Engineering Coilovers, JBR Rear Sway, JBR Rear Camber Arms, XXR 527 18x8.75 +35 Chromium Black ||| CP-E Tow Plate, Rotella T6, FoMoCo XT-M5-QS, JBR OCC, JBR EGR Delete, JBR TB Gasket, JBR TIG and Coolant Bypass, EBC Redstuff.

Build Complete!!!!
 Old 05-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #220

Dubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

CorkSport;1406346]So it looks like you will want to add an additional check valve to minimize the pressure to the Oil Catch Can if you are running a turbo engine. We have added it as an option on our product listing page.

If you already purchased, I sent an email to you regarding the part that needs to be added and options to get it included.
saw the email. will check to see if the JBR one will fit in the line or if the part you mentioned would be a better fit.
 Old 05-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #221

Dubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

also...for those that have tried this install. is it better to just wait to do it during the install of the SRI? I don't want to have to tear stuff apart more than i have to.

the instructions note that everything is done from the bottom, but if it's easier with the airbox removed, i'll just wait (SRI is also back ordered...now 2 weeks 3rd part that has been backordered...at least the OCC came quick...tho not installed).
 Old 05-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #222

08.5MS3 is the leader of the world08.5MS3 is the leader of the world08.5MS3 is the leader of the world08.5MS3 is the leader of the world08.5MS3 is the leader of the world08.5MS3 is the leader of the world08.5MS3 is the leader of the world08.5MS3 is the leader of the world08.5MS3 is the leader of the world08.5MS3 is the leader of the world08.5MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,395 Times in 1,633 Posts
Groans: 89
Groaned at 40 Times in 29 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The entire install is done from beneath the car. It's half a bitch, but worth it. No need to wait for your intake.
08.5MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #223

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 08.5MS3 View Post
The entire install is done from beneath the car. It's half a bitch, but worth it. No need to wait for your intake.
okay good to know. gracias.
 Old 05-11-2012, 09:35 AM   #224

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by InFeXIoN View Post
Although I wished their stuff worked correctly as our other vendors. But yes I agree.

Do you have a part of CorkSport's that is not working correctly? The OCC works well and we added a check valve as an option for those who are driving turbo vehicles.

We have run the OCC on our speed3 without a check valve for months, no problem, but to avoid potential damage that may result from high boost levels, we are recommending the check valve on all turbo vehicles.

Please PM me if you would like to open a ticket on a CorkSport part. I do not see any on the list of products in your signature, but if you have one that you are taking issue with, I can be reached at gwynne@CorkSport.com. I am available to address any legitimate concerns you have.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gwynne For This Useful Post:
f-castrillo (05-11-2012), m249saw (05-11-2012)
 Old 05-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #225

Not Ranked  0 score     

how long do we have to reply to that email that was sent out with the options for the valve? i just got back from vacay and don't want to rush it. gonna try with the other valve first.
 Old 05-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #226

Not Ranked  0 score     

CorkSport;1409898]Do you have a part of CorkSport's that is not working correctly? The OCC works well and we added a check valve as an option for those who are driving turbo vehicles.

We have run the OCC on our speed3 without a check valve for months, no problem, but to avoid potential damage that may result from high boost levels, we are recommending the check valve on all turbo vehicles.

Please PM me if you would like to open a ticket on a CorkSport part. I do not see any on the list of products in your signature, but if you have one that you are taking issue with, I can be reached at gwynne@CorkSport.com. I am available to address any legitimate concerns you have.
yea i did, but i gave it away. I tend to stay away from most of yalls stuff as i know a few people accross platforms that have had nothing but trouble with various parts. Not saying everything that comes from yall is bad but its enough bad vs good for me to put my money into it.. but im still glad you guys support the platform and others none the less

Build Complete!!!!
 Old 05-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #227

SleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,503 Times in 831 Posts
Groans: 52
Groaned at 54 Times in 39 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

yea i did, but i gave it away. I tend to stay away from most of yalls stuff as i know a few people accross platforms that have had nothing but trouble with various parts. Not saying everything that comes from yall is bad but its enough bad vs good for me to put my money into it.. but im still glad you guys support the platform and others none the less
Most people like myself have nothing but good things to say and I have yet to see any other companies on here beat or even match their customer service..

Sent from my Epic Win Avatar
pzr2874 (05-11-2012)
 Old 05-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #228

08.5MS3 is the leader of the world08.5MS3 is the leader of the world08.5MS3 is the leader of the world08.5MS3 is the leader of the world08.5MS3 is the leader of the world08.5MS3 is the leader of the world08.5MS3 is the leader of the world08.5MS3 is the leader of the world08.5MS3 is the leader of the world08.5MS3 is the leader of the world08.5MS3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Interested in what parts you're talking about.
 Old 05-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #229

Not Ranked  0 score     

this was one of the most aggravating installs i've done on any car. perhaps that means i'm not quite the 'expert' (yeah right) DIY'r, but son of a bitch this was awful. part of it was just due to the fact that it is what it is...a difficult install with a tiny space to work in and melted on pinch clamps.

the other was some of the material that was sent with the unit. i have a suggestion and a question. suggestion first: use better hoses. the hose diameter is too small and barely fit over any of the nipples, included the ones on the OCC. in fact, one of them ripped as i was attempting to put it on. yes i lubed it. it ripped twice and i had to cut it which left me with not much extra tubing (i probably cut off an inch total).

that leads to my question. is this going to be an issue?? notice the crimping line. i've tried to straighten it, but due to the pull from what i had to cut off (again, just one inch or so) i don't have much to work with. i tried to use the zip ties to work it straight but no luck. the car starts and idles okay. i've done nothing else with it. THOUGHTS???

Old 05-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #230

Not Ranked  0 score     

spoke to CS and i am going to try to get a coupler to put in the manifold section of line to the OCC (bottom nipple). Hopefully that will give me the extra slack i need to get rid of that little psuedo-crimp.

oh ps - i told CS, but may as well mention that i ditched nearly all the stock clamps and used the screw clamps (you can see it in the pic above) for all the connections. 100% easier and you won't chew up your knuckles especially on the pcv valve connection. just use a very long extension and you're good to go. that would have saved me an hour!
Gwynne (05-11-2012)
 Old 05-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #231

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Dubcnea View Post
spoke to CS and i am going to try to get a coupler to put in the manifold section of line to the OCC (bottom nipple). Hopefully that will give me the extra slack i need to get rid of that little psuedo-crimp.

oh ps - i told CS, but may as well mention that i ditched nearly all the stock clamps and used the screw clamps (you can see it in the pic above) for all the connections. 100% easier and you won't chew up your knuckles especially on the pcv valve connection. just use a very long extension and you're good to go. that would have saved me an hour!
fail lol. it only added 1/2 inch or so and didn't do much. i re-attempted zip tie fix. wow. i'm officially a ghetto fucker. most likely i will rip that hose out and replace it with a hose that is of applicable length. it just has to last one night.
 Old 05-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #232

jamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

oh ps - i told CS, but may as well mention that i ditched nearly all the stock clamps and used the screw clamps (you can see it in the pic above) for all the connections. 100% easier and you won't chew up your knuckles especially on the pcv valve connection. just use a very long extension
100% agree about using worm clamps. Thats what I did. It is ridiculous to use the spring clamps in such a tight area. Not sure about your kink issue since I mounted on the passenger side and had no issues. It seemed like the tubes were plenty long enough though.

I only had trouble getting the hose onto the PCV. In order to help it get on there, I carved a chamfer into the ID at the end of the tube using a utility knife and used some oil as lube.

2000 Miata LS, Flyin Miata Turbo'd (GT2560R), 3" TBE, Megasquirt EMS, 650cc injectors
 Old 05-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #233

Not Ranked  0 score     

100% agree about using worm clamps. Thats what I did. It is ridiculous to use the spring clamps in such a tight area. Not sure about your kink issue since I mounted on the passenger side and had no issues. It seemed like the tubes were plenty long enough though.

I only had trouble getting the hose onto the PCV. In order to help it get on there, I carved a chamfer into the ID at the end of the tube using a utility knife and used some oil as lube.
they took the feedback. it's well worth the inclusion of 2-4 more clamps. the pcv was actually not that bad to get back on once it was finally off.

i'm going to redo the lines with fuel lines (nylon threaded) tomorrow to ensure it's all a tight fit. the way those silicone lines are going through there now makes me nervous. it will probably be fine but...i'd rather have peace of mind.
 Old 05-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #234

Not Ranked  0 score     

just thought i'd post this up for reference. i re-did the lines and feel much better about it. i got 7 feet of 5/8" braided fuel line from napa (2.29/ft) and used all worm clamps. the install looks so much cleaner, the lines fit better (still had to wiggle onto the OCC), there are no kinks at all and the line will withstand up to 35psi and is oil/gas resistant.

i would suggest that this line be used over the silicon as the silicon can tear (did on me 3 times) and can kink much easier than the braided hose. anyways, here's some pics after the install.

oh and ps, removing the dipstick tube helps TONS.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #235

LittleredMPS is the leader of the worldLittleredMPS is the leader of the worldLittleredMPS is the leader of the worldLittleredMPS is the leader of the worldLittleredMPS is the leader of the worldLittleredMPS is the leader of the worldLittleredMPS is the leader of the worldLittleredMPS is the leader of the worldLittleredMPS is the leader of the worldLittleredMPS is the leader of the worldLittleredMPS is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did the checkvalve get changed on this kit?

I like the OCC design but am also not a big fan of silicone tube for this application.

Would a change to braided hose, as demonstrated above, be viable?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LittleredMPS is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #236

Not Ranked  0 score     

Not to knock on CS, but there has been a proven OCC out for several years without any hiccup in parts or performance. Until CS can get the few things straightened out, I'd hold off on purchasing.
 Old 05-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #237

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
Did the checkvalve get changed on this kit?

I like the OCC design but am also not a big fan of silicone tube for this application.

Would a change to braided hose, as demonstrated above, be viable?
they are adding a check valve, but that's not the check valve i used. as far as viable usage...took it out for a test drive with no issues.
 Old 05-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #238

Not Ranked  0 score     

they are adding a check valve, but that's not the check valve i used. as far as viable usage...took it out for a test drive with no issues.
What check valve you rockin?

Old 05-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #239

Not Ranked  0 score     

You seem awfully concerned about quality for someone who buys a Speed Daddy exhaust, jk

Really they should have ironed this stuff out and I wish I didn't take their word about the check valve so I could have installed it at the same time. I think it's a decent OCC and by the time I add all the stuff up it was a little bit cheaper than the JBR stage 2. The sight gauge is kinda cool

Old 05-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #240

xnavekx is a splendid one to beholdxnavekx is a splendid one to beholdxnavekx is a splendid one to beholdxnavekx is a splendid one to beholdxnavekx is a splendid one to beholdxnavekx is a splendid one to beholdxnavekx is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am going to get the braided hose and mcmaster check valve before i attempt this install from what ive been reading lol.
2006 MS6 GT | COBB AP | Catted Ebay DP | KMD CDFP Internals | CP-E CAI | Corksport TIP | Centric Rotors | StopTech Brakes | AWR RMM| AWR Tranny Mount | AWR Side Motor Mount | Powdercoated Black RX-8 Wheels | H&R Lowering Springs | SURE SSP | SURE CounterWeight | CPE TMIC |
xnavekx is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f500/corksport-titanium-oil-catch-can-60949/
Posted By For Type Date
CorkSport Mazda Performance – Blog » Product Release! CorkSport Oil Catch Can Development and Release Notes This thread Pingback 05-01-2012 10:18 AM
CorkSport Mazda Performance – Blog This thread Refback 03-21-2012 10:28 AM
CorkSport Mazda Performance – Blog » CorkSport Product Sneak Peek and Look Back 2011-2012 This thread Refback 01-21-2012 08:20 PM
CorkSport Mazda Performance – Blog » CorkSport Products 2011-2012 This thread Pingback 01-20-2012 11:37 AM