register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums > Mazdaspeed Forums Sponsors > CorkSport

CorkSport To say that CorkSport is passionate about Mazda Performance is understatement. It is the essence of what we do. Our mission to offer unparalleled customer service and support, an uncompromising commitment to the community, and deliver top quality performance parts is demonstrated with each product we develop to help fulfill your vehicles performance potential. At CorkSport we believe it doesn’t have to come in a fancy package or be the most expensive product on the market to be the best.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree7Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #241

Dubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jamesr242 View Post
What check valve you rockin?
i used the james barone racing valve. at one time you could buy is separately. now you cannot. perhaps it's cuz of what i've done! if so, sorry James!!

You seem awfully concerned about quality for someone who buys a Speed Daddy exhaust, jk

Really they should have ironed this stuff out and I wish I didn't take their word about the check valve so I could have installed it at the same time. I think it's a decent OCC and by the time I add all the stuff up it was a little bit cheaper than the JBR stage 2. The sight gauge is kinda cool
my costs:

occ: 140
braided hose/clamps: ~20
jbr valve: 45

total: 205

is it worth it? depends on what type of occ you want...but if you go the route i did then it's about the same.

Last edited by Dubcnea; 05-12-2012 at 09:02 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Dubcnea is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #242
COCKSTRONG

SofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the worldSofaKingAwesome is the leader of the world
Thanked 17,773 Times in 4,955 Posts
Groans: 890
Groaned at 278 Times in 160 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You seem awfully concerned about quality for someone who buys a Speed Daddy exhaust, jk

Really they should have ironed this stuff out and I wish I didn't take their word about the check valve so I could have installed it at the same time. I think it's a decent OCC and by the time I add all the stuff up it was a little bit cheaper than the JBR stage 2. The sight gauge is kinda cool
He was one of the test dummies on that product, which thanks to him, we now know sucks balls.
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

EVERY "I DON'T USE MSF" FACEBOOK RETARD EVER
SofaKingAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #243

jamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the worldjamesr242 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I know, I was just breaking his balls. Sucks it didn't work out. It could have been a good option

2000 Miata LS, Flyin Miata Turbo'd (GT2560R), 3" TBE, Megasquirt EMS, 650cc injectors
jamesr242 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesr242 For This Useful Post:
SofaKingAwesome (05-14-2012)
 Old 05-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #244
Approved MSF Vendor

CorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,232 Times in 1,404 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 28 Times in 16 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

If switching to braided hose make sure it is oil safe. A lot of the heater core hose gets permeated by oil. This causes the oil to literally weep through the rubber. Another reason silicone hose is much nicer.

Brydon@CorkSport
CorkSport is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #245

Gwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the world
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

We have added an install video for the CorkSport Oil Catch Can on the 2010+ Mazdaspeed 3 CorkSport How To: Mazdaspeed 3 Oil Catch Can Install - YouTube
Gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gwynne For This Useful Post:
m249saw (05-24-2012)
 Old 05-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #246

SleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,503 Times in 831 Posts
Groans: 52
Groaned at 54 Times in 39 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Installed the catch can today with the valve and it took 20 mins. Easy install looks great and I don't understand why anyone was having issues.

Sent from my Epic Win Avatar
 Old 05-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #247

Dubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond reputeDubcnea has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SleeperHatch View Post
Installed the catch can today with the valve and it took 20 mins. Easy install looks great and I don't understand why anyone was having issues.

you have the hands of a chinaman? my only issue was getting those stock clamps off. PITA.
Weazsel (06-17-2012)
 Old 05-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #248

SleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the worldSleeperHatch is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,503 Times in 831 Posts
Groans: 52
Groaned at 54 Times in 39 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Dubcnea View Post
you have the hands of a chinaman? my only issue was getting those stock clamps off. PITA.
Lol yes actually...Daddy chinkus!

Old 05-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #249
2zz mr-s

dooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,647 Times in 1,903 Posts
Groans: 239
Groaned at 352 Times in 214 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

theres an easy way to access it, unplug the electrical connecters and map sensor on the left side of the IM, lets you pull that pcv to IM hose easy from up top
[07:25 PM] Pu Manchu: the second rule is "don't tell anyone"
[07:25 PM] Pu Manchu: the first rule of tranny fucking is "don't do it"
dooderek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dooderek For This Useful Post:
Boost_creep (05-25-2012), Gwynne (05-25-2012)
 Old 05-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #250

OneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the worldOneBAMFpog is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Groaned at 25 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Derek, any chinkus help to take out the PCV valve without pulling the mani? Lol

COBB SRI -- TIH -- ACCESSPORT -- EBCS
CP-E DP AUTOTECH FP INTERNALS CORKSPORT 80 MM DUAL EXHAUST
JBR SOLID SHIFTER BUSHINGS -- 88 DURO RMM -- TMM -- PMM--TIG AND COOLANT BYPASS FORGE BPV
ACT ZX5-HDG6 CLUTCH KIT DEVIL'SOWN METH KIT
EDDIE BAUER CARSEAT MOD

DJ tuned: 302 whp and 339 wtq

"YOU PULLED ON ME LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OneBAMFpog is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #251
2zz mr-s

dooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,647 Times in 1,903 Posts
Groans: 239
Groaned at 352 Times in 214 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

There's no way to remove the actual pcv valve with the mani on
[07:25 PM] Pu Manchu: the second rule is "don't tell anyone"
[07:25 PM] Pu Manchu: the first rule of tranny fucking is "don't do it"
dooderek is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f500/corksport-titanium-oil-catch-can-60949/
Posted By For Type Date
CorkSport Mazda Performance – Blog » Product Release! CorkSport Oil Catch Can Development and Release Notes This thread Pingback 05-01-2012 10:18 AM
CorkSport Mazda Performance – Blog This thread Refback 03-21-2012 10:28 AM
CorkSport Mazda Performance – Blog » CorkSport Product Sneak Peek and Look Back 2011-2012 This thread Refback 01-21-2012 08:20 PM
CorkSport Mazda Performance – Blog » CorkSport Products 2011-2012 This thread Pingback 01-20-2012 11:37 AM